UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walgreens Marvel 'Mates

Gmonkey2k

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Found these yesterday in Nashville. Got em all except the Hulk Carnage pack, cuz who wants that garbage? 

I guess all I had to do to solve my problem of NEVER finding new Walgreens waves was to move to a completely different city in a different state. 

Edited by suicidewatch

I'll need someone to hook me up with the entire wave. Minus the Spider-Girl/Carnage set if possible. Cost plus shipping.

Also willing to help anyone here who needs older stock in hope that it triggers restock here. We have the Nighthawk set, Power Princess set, Power Man set, Thanos/Thor, a ton of Falcon/Ant-Man, some Hyperion, and Noir/Itsy-Bitsy Spidey.

Checked 2 Walgreens in the area yesterday (Also Chicago suburbs for what it's worth. I have no idea what shops Menagerie or Tenime check... but I know there's at least some potential overlap, as me and Tenime have reported on the same Toys R Uses a time or two in the past, haha. Walgreens are more plentiful though, so there's more of them to share I'd guess.)

ANYWAY...

First one (Elk Grove) was a no-go. Only 2 old Series 2 sets keeping the shelf warm.

Second one (Northlake) found the whole set. Hooray!

What I like about these Walgreens waves is they're often very hit or miss. They seemingly ship in a box of 4, 1 each, so any collector who finds them just buys all four or leaves all four. You often either find the whole set or you don't, haha.  (Except every now and then little Billy will just buy 1 of the 4 and screw it all up! ...Kidding)

Gotta say, after looking at Kamala and Leader up close... I don't know what people are complaining about. They're two of the least "animated looking" animated mates I've ever seen. I'm happy to have the Kamala. I have the old Leader, but this one is replacing him.

Some of the more distinctly animated designs... like Carnage for instance, could never pass as comic book minimates. But I can't imagine these ones won't blend in perfectly fine.

I am however mildly upset that Bruce's Hulkbuster Helmet doesn't sit properly flush with his torso when closed. Mine is like... permanently cockeyed/warped. It looks unfavorable.

Edited by Gillbob316

43 minutes ago, Gillbob316 said:

I am however mildly upset that Bruce's Hulkbuster Helmet doesn't sit properly flush with his torso when closed. Mine is like... permanently cockeyed/warped. It looks unfavorable.

Same here. Mine was fine until I opened it and it became unhinged at the right shoulder. I tried putting it back in place but the pin doesn't seem to fit into the hole. Now it won't close properly.

The paints apps are terrific though. The colors look great.

6 hours ago, Gillbob316 said:

Checked 2 Walgreens in the area yesterday (Also Chicago suburbs for what it's worth. I have no idea what shops Menagerie or Tenime check... but I know there's at least some potential overlap, as me and Tenime have reported on the same Toys R Uses a time or two in the past, haha. Walgreens are more plentiful though, so there's more of them to share I'd guess.)

ANYWAY...

First one (Elk Grove) was a no-go. Only 2 old Series 2 sets keeping the shelf warm.

Second one (Northlake) found the whole set. Hooray!

What I like about these Walgreens waves is they're often very hit or miss. They seemingly ship in a box of 4, 1 each, so any collector who finds them just buys all four or leaves all four. You often either find the whole set or you don't, haha.  (Except every now and then little Billy will just buy 1 of the 4 and screw it all up! ...Kidding)

Gotta say, after looking at Kamala and Leader up close... I don't know what people are complaining about. They're two of the least "animated looking" animated mates I've ever seen. I'm happy to have the Kamala. I have the old Leader, but this one is replacing him.

Some of the more distinctly animated designs... like Carnage for instance, could never pass as comic book minimates. But I can't imagine these ones won't blend in perfectly fine.

For those in the Illinois north suburb area......Check out the toyrus at Golf/Milwaukee Niles, then for Walgreens the one down Milwaukee/Oakton(next to Jerry's) and the two on Waukegan road heading towards Golf road..

On 6/13/2017 at 7:09 PM, CortherX said:

if anyone in Oregon or Washington finds these, please holla at a bitch. i've checked one store here in Portland, and nada.

Saw them in multiple stores in SW Washington yesterday. Sadly no sign of the previous wave.