UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walgreens Marvel 'Mates

Gmonkey2k

I hope wave 2 features Batroc! He is probably the most frequently used villian in USM. And I can't believe no one has mentioned him yet.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope wave 2 features Batroc! He is probably the most frequently used villian in USM. And I can't believe no one has mentioned him yet.

I don't watch the show but that's great news that ze Leaper is getting exposure. Would love to see a classic Batroc minimate. I haven't collected Marvel Legends in years but still went out of my way to pick up a Batroc once I found out he was made. Any chance Attuma or Super-Adaptoid are making appearances on that show?

I don't watch the show but that's great news that ze Leaper is getting exposure. Would love to see a classic Batroc minimate. I haven't collected Marvel Legends in years but still went out of my way to pick up a Batroc once I found out he was made. Any chance Attuma or Super-Adaptoid are making appearances on that show?

Attuma is in a bunch of episodes as part of a league of villains

Attuma is in a bunch of episodes as part of a league of villains

Huh, I may need to start watching this show. Attuma and Batroc minimates would be outstanding! Here's hoping they're in future assortments.

I haven't watched the show, but a cursory look shows me that (for me, based on classic looks) Attuma would be welcome, Batroc would be better than the movie one but still not perfect and Trapster would be a bummer.

Y'all know me. I want classic Kirby designs.

Edited by Mystery Man

I get that, but realistically, I think the best chance we would have of ever getting that guy in any format would be through this line. On a related note, a Google search tells me that Nighthawk and the rest of the Squadron Supreme guest-starred on that fairly underwhelming new Avengers show we're getting figures from. . .

Based on how close that FF Sandman is to the classic comic design I assumed the rest of the show designs would follow suit. I just looked up a few images and yeah, that Batroc isn't exactly what I had in mind. Attuma either for that matter. So eh... if they're close enough to classic comic looks I'm in but not interested if it's a newer look or too far animated.

Still buying the hell out of that Sandman!

I get that, but realistically, I think the best chance we would have of ever getting that guy in any format would be through this line. On a related note, a Google search tells me that Nighthawk and the rest of the Squadron Supreme guest-starred on that fairly underwhelming new Avengers show we're getting figures from. . .

From what I can tell, the Squadron was: Hyperion, naturally, in a costume close enough to his original that it would be an easy modification; Nighthawk, but dressed like the Defenders Nighthawk; Spectrum, right on model; Power Princess, in her original (ugly) costume); and Speed Demon rather then the Whizzer. I could live with all of these. How about an Avengers vs Squadron Supreme wave....

xctd.gif

TRU 20 is likely out this summer some time. The Walgreens wave is set to hit Sept 4.

I started this today and I'm about five episodes in. It's really actually quite good! Though they are similar to versions we have, is there any talk for Iron Fist, White Tiger, or Power Man? I'm really excited for this now. A symbiote iron fist would be great.