UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walgreens Marvel 'Mates

Gmonkey2k

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darkhawk obviously was a popular choice, so it's for sure on my short-list for future waves!

That just made my morning.

DARKHAWK FOREVER!

Pretty sure he meant Nighthawk, as Darkhawk hasnt appeared on any of these shows

Thank you for doing the poll Steve, awesome way to connect to fans, very excited for Squirrel Girl and Man-Thing

"Kevin Smith 'Mates" includes licenses from Smith, Miramax, Weinstein and Universal. We have Smith and Miramax, and we only recently signed Mallrats with Universal. I highly doubt that Lee signed away his merchandise rights for this movie, since he plays himself, but you can always Ask DST.

Nope. Every movie has different deals and contracts. Every actor has different rights. He's not even playing a character in the movie, he's playing himself.

We don't even have Stan Lee for the MARVEL movies. I'm only assuming for Mallrats, but Chuck would know.

• 2 weeks later...

I guess I should have kept my "Ask DST" question simple (I was the one that Chuck answered) and just asked if there was a chance of getting Stan Lee's rights and left out the movie character part. Stan himself licenses his likeness on his own I believe. There is a new 1/6 scale figure (that just came in stock at BBTS) that is just Stan Lee the human, not any of his characters or movie appearances. That is what I was asking about and could see being possible in the DST realm of products. As I said in my question, DST could do banks, 8" "Mego" style figures, as well as Minimates. Don't tie him to Marvel at all if that's an issue. Just comic book creator Stan Lee. A 2-pack like the 1/6 scale figure would be awesome with iconic Stan and 70's bearded Stan.

I was thinking the same matt, but if his contracts for appearances/voice overs actually rule out merchandising for his likeness, so that he can control those contracts, that could make sense as to why its so hard to get his merch made.

Maybe Stan wants too much money for it to be worth it?

It seems to me like every other toyline almost has had something representing Stan except for the Marvel lines.

Simpsons, 1:6 Scale, MOTUC have all made him, I feel like I'm forgetting some too. I know he's in the Lego Marvel games.