UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walgreens Marvel 'Mates

Gmonkey2k

4 hours ago, Strider said:

Okay. First time trying to post pictures on here and it’s from my cell phone so I guess we will see how well that works out.

Never mind it is saying the file is too large. I will have to see if I can download them to my computer and find my password for the forum to upload them. 

Yeah file size isn't forgiving here which is why some of us have made toystagrams because it will pull in the image from there.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 2/11/2019 at 1:35 PM, MisterPL said:

I've yet to see Series 9 or 10 here in NEPA. Series 8, 1 Million BC, and Captain Marvel have all shown up but no sign of 9 and 10. 

i have given up hope of ever seeing any animated waves besides series 6. which is all every walgreens in tucson az seems to stock. 

On 2/14/2019 at 9:43 AM, MisterPL said:

Marvel announced this a couple days ago.

Not sure if it's anything that would end up on the pegs at Walgreens but it was interesting to see where more adult Marvel offerings (like Deadpool and the Netflix series) might end up.

I have never dreaded a lineup like this before.

I've never once seen Wave 9 where I live in the Chicagoland Suburbs. Though luckily I've found 3 out of 4 sets in Orlando FL area Walgreens. I have a Disney-Crazy family, and an annual pass for the Disney/Universal parks, so I actually get down there several times a year and check... semi-regularly, lol. Weirdly.

Still can't find the friggin' Hobgoblin set to save my life.

I have yet to see Wave 10 in Illinois. Going to Florida this weekend though, so fingers crossed.

Note: I had little trouble finding BC, Captain Marvel, or any of the other movie waves in Illinois. They seem to be stocked more consistently than the animated waves. I was actually one of the lucky few who snagged the Infinity Wars mates before the street date, when that walgreens leak happened last year, lol.

I've had similar experiences as Gillbob here in Los Angeles.  I can find all the new movie waves and the BC wave fine, but the animated stuff seems to have dried up.  The newest animated wave I've been able to find is wave 7 (the red hulk/capt Marvel, Cap Buster/Zemo, etc), but mostly the shelves are choked with those dang Ms. Marvel packs.

I keep holding out hope I'll find that Warlock or Ghost Rider though, but I'm beginning to doubt I'll ever see it.

2 minutes ago, MisterPL said:

That would be Series 10. As of yesterday, not in my area (NEPA), but I haven't even seen Series 9 locally yet. (And apparently Ivan hasn't gotten his hands on those waves either.)

If either of you need help let me know I have tons of Walgreens stores and go on hunts every Friday.

3 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

If either of you need help let me know I have tons of Walgreens stores and go on hunts every Friday.

Thanks! I'm usually pretty patient and since this wave hasn't really seen wide distribution yet, I'll want a while. If I get anxious I'll keep you in mind. ??

5 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

Im patient and anxious all at the same time. Stopped at a walgreens today. Saw Captain Marvel sets, 1 million bc sets and Infinity War sets. No animated sets. If you find animated wave 10, i'd love to have a set. Thanks.

• 2 weeks later...

Wave 8 is finally starting to hit in plenty around me. I went out searching last August for these. Still no sign of 9 or 10.

On 3/3/2019 at 1:25 PM, DSTZach said:

I do not know how one set of Series 10 (Hammerhead Ghost Rider) made it out there, but as far as I know there is no release date yet, so I would NOT kill yourself looking for it.

The one I got was in an odd store. I don’t remember them ever having anything of note when I hunted the other Walgreen waves but I randomly checked it out and pow they were all there. Never saw them at another store or there again. It was in Northeast Florida not a normal place to find stuff first although I did find Marvel Legends Mystique at a near by Walgreens week’s before she started showing up everywhere.

• 1 month later...