UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walgreens Marvel 'Mates

Gmonkey2k

2 hours ago, MisterPL said:

With the addition of comic-based 'mates, it looks like we're talking about a third peg. I don't know about others but my stores currently have two pegs; one for animated and another for movies. It's good for DST and the Minimates brand. It'll be even better if the stock actually gets to those store pegs.

I’ve noticed that too. Hopefully there are regular restocks soon. They were good at stocking when it first started carrying them.

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

15 hours ago, TENIME_art said:

All the stores I've been at have two pegs for them. Unfortunately, one of those pegs is always empty, with the animated & movie packs intermixed on the same peg.

I'm the OCD collector who fixes that. We should all be duly deputized merchandisers for DST, dang it.

I actually moved them all to one peg in my store, to deliberately make the other peg look empty and hopefully make them think, "Why is this empty? Should we be ordering more of this?"

(That probably won't work, because their computer makes that decision. But I can dream.)

I also adjust the peg in the stores I frequent. None of mine have two pegs, only the one.

And, I posted this in the wrong thread the other day so I moved it here...

Spent a few more hours on Friday searching in vain for new Walgreens minimates... nothing to report. I'm starting to grow very tired of the search that never ends.

If anyone is selling the Enchantress pack from wave 9 or Cull Obsidian pack from IW2 at cost I'd be interested. I was going to purchase the Wasp pack from wave 8 but can't be bothered to care anymore.

The good news is one of my Walgreens stores restocked.

The bad news is it was only Infinity War Series 1.

Actually I'm thinking someone just found the rest of the case in the stock room and put the rest of the sets on the peg. Either way it was pretty disappointing.

Still no sign of the animated waves.

1 hour ago, MisterPL said:

The good news is one of my Walgreens stores restocked.

The bad news is it was only Infinity War Series 1.

Actually I'm thinking someone just found the rest of the case in the stock room and put the rest of the sets on the peg. Either way it was pretty disappointing.

Still no sign of the animated waves.

I just did my weekly scouting of 8 different stores and walked away with a goose egg and only one store had mates 2 packs of the Screwball and one movie pack of Skurge.

The employees are probably like,  "What's with the old guy who walks in and right back out? Sometimes he buys a shitload of Arizona when it's 50¢ and maybe a bag of popcorn but most of the time nothing." And someone's thinking, "Maybe he's using the coolers as a drug drop! The irony!"

I'm just getting tired of hearing "Customer service needed in the toy aisle" over the PA every time I spend more than eight seconds there.

I can make a run of the stores by me this weekend. If I see anything for IW 2 or animated series 8 & 9 I can grab them and mail them at cost plus postage. I stopped checking weeks ago once I finally found Enchantress and Collector sets at one Walgreens. I have been so burnned out I haven’t walked in a Walgreens since.

1 hour ago, Strider said:

I can make a run of the stores by me this weekend. If I see anything for IW 2 or animated series 8 & 9 I can grab them and mail them at cost plus postage. I stopped checking weeks ago once I finally found Enchantress and Collector sets at one Walgreens. I have been so burnned out I haven’t walked in a Walgreens since.

I'll Def take a the cul obsidian set if you come across it 

Another exciting round of finding nothing this weekend. I hit 6 stores that are a little further out and saw tons of IW1 restocks. Ragnarok and BP we're also on display along with the Zemo wave. Pegs (yes, two in some stores) were fully packed so it doesn't look like there will be restocks any time soon.

Exciting!!! ??

I have said this before but if you financially can minimates do make great toys for Toys For Tots and other charities so when I see them onsale cheap I do buy a couple to clear out the peg and to hopefully inspire kids to get into the figure line.

After perusing their toy section, ShopDisney would probably want a higher priced item. DST's deluxe price point would be more suitable and now that Disney will be pushing Fox merchandise, they can get that Aliens Dropship with Ferro and Bishop into production.

Oh, and bundle those Walgreens two-packs that are impossible to find.

10 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

I know that there aren't Disney Stores everywhere but their online store seems solid.  Have we discussed them taking on some animated assortments?  I for one would love a 90's Animated Boxset.

I mentioned the same thing in another forum here, I forgot the reason but it seemed like a no

Edit here's what Zach said 

"

We also had the Future Foundation box set, and the Peter Pan sets. FF was an SDCC in-town launch, so it was their "Con exclusive," which went wide. Peter Pan was for a DVD release. 

I don't know that we never pitch them, but they have not taken them very often. It might have to do with international testing  We test Selects for everywhere, but Minimates only for the countries we ship them to, which is not everywhere. Our Minimates license is not global, mainly due to a lack of orders in many regions, so we do not pay for some regional testing, as it is cost-prohibitive for such an inexpensive product. That may affect Disney interest, as they tend to buy for multiple regions.

And their web store is great. If we did offer a box set, I'm sure you could order it there."

Edited by Heinous