UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walgreens Marvel 'Mates

Gmonkey2k

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spider-Ham and the Mary Jane Spiderwoman would have interested me a little more to finish those Web Warriors. And the Miles looks exactly the same like I mentioned. The Captain Marvel and Red Hulk pack is the one I want the most.

Edited by RedTiger95

Apparently my boy has little interest in that Scorpion, or another Red Hulk. On Red, quote "If he had the wifebeater and some blasters I'd be all over it." (which are part and parcel of Red Hulk's current cartoon look.) Somehow that amuses me more than it should. He actually likes the "Cap-Buster" since he says it appeared on the show. Apparently Tony made one for everybody to fight Thanos, I quit watching it ages ago as it is IMO such a poor substitute for EMH.

Now, if they complete the T-Bolts and Black Order the way they finished the Squadron, I'll be a VERY happy guy.

And I apologize for disappearing last week. Work has me swamped right now, and family/school obligations are eating up the rest of my time. I'm going to have a lot of catching up to do if this doesn't let up soon.

On 10/12/2017 at 1:02 PM, MisterMiracle said:

I wasn't a huge fan of these animated waves to begin with and I find myself buying less and less of them.  I'm down to 1 out of every 8 that I have liked since wave 4.

I think these sets are harder to get behind for fans primarily collecting classic looks. I usually rule out the Spidey sets immediately as those aren't versions of or characters I'm particularly interested in. Same with Avengers I already have 616 versions of. That leaves a handful that while passable (for me) require a little tinkering after purchase, like Hyperion. Or I'm buying for parts like Medusas hair. That gets a little disheartening after a while. I only want Zemo from this new set and that's only if I decide I really NEED a Thunderbolts version to tinker with. I definitely know where you're coming from.

But every now and then I get a Nighthawk, Dr Spectrum or Man-Thing that looks good right out of the box. Any issues I have with those three, aside from the fact that I paid a pretty penny for all, is more with execution than anything else. The last 2 waves have been available in my area so hopefully I'll be paying retail cost on future purchases.

Hang in there MM!

On 10/4/2017 at 5:22 PM, IntegrityRise said:

And now my dream of Inferno being one of the new ones is crushed ? 

I also was hoping for an animated Inferno and seeker minimates too, because it seems unlikely that we will get inferno or seeker in a comic book wave. However, we will probably get the rest of the Inhuman royal family in a comic book wave eventually. Hopefully we get both Crystal’s classic and Avengers’ look.

I like to see the animated Masters of Evil and the Classic Thunderbolts in an animated wave since they could all past for their comic counter parts, beside the beetle. Also, it would be cool to get minimates of Nuke, Titania, Ghost, Whiplash(Vanko), Ultimo, the Mindless Ones, U-foes, Madame Masque (Whitney Frost), Orrgo, Doughboy, Executioner, and Typhoid Mary. Also, the last couple characters I listed just appeared in the Avengers secret wars.

Image result for master of evil ultron revolution

For the new Spider-Man 2017 cartoon, only Jackal has a design like his comic book counterpart that would make an interesting minimate.

Image result for jackal spiderman cartoon

18 hours ago, NerdyTrev said:

I think a Thunderbolts wave would be cool if constructed in a way where you could build the Masters of Evil and the Thunderbolts. 

Baron Zemo / Citizen V

Goliath / Atlas

Moonstone / Meteorite 

Beetle / Mach V

I want an Atlas minimate so badly! I also want a Beetle minimate. I think it’s because of that old Spider-Man and Friends episode where the Beetle steals Tony Stark’s tech and gets stronger. 

On 10/15/2017 at 9:05 PM, Scorpion said:

For the new Spider-Man 2017 cartoon, only Jackal has a design like his comic book counterpart that would make an interesting minimate.

Image result for jackal spiderman cartoon

:yes: And he is not the only one. Series 8 has two never-made Spidey villains who look like their 616 counterparts, one never-made Avengers villain who looks radically different, a cool new version of a classic villain we've made once, and a nice re-do of a frequently requested Avenger we've only made once before.

And Series 9...

200.gif

Edited by DSTZach

Everyone can probably guess who the only-made-once Avengers is, but Avengers membership has become so bloated there's more that qualify than you would think. If you take a combined comic/film/animated approach, these Avengers have only been Minimate'd once:

Ares

Black Knight

Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell)

Sharon Carter

Firestar

Hercules

Human Torch (Hammond)

Mantis

Marrina

Medusa

Ms. Marvel (Khan)

Nova (Rider)

Quake

Songbird

Spectrum (Rambeau)

Squirrel Girl

Sunspot

Tigra

Vision (Jonas)

Trish/Patsy Walker/Hellcat

Wasp (Janet van Dyne)

White Tiger (Ava Ayala)

The Avenger is pretty obviously Wasp, but she looks to be entirely based on her movie look. Which is a shame, because we really need at least two new 616 Wasps. On the bright side, I won't need to track this one down.

For the new version of a classic villain I'm guessing Grim Reaper or MODOK. The unmade, radically different villain seems like the Super-Adaptoid. For the Spidey villains, Jackal and...?

Edited by BuffaloDelorean

The new comic villain could also be Hammerhead. Who just appeared in the Blizzard episode of Marvel’s Spider-Man.

image.png.e1b8b5958fc0990bde036ca52e26456f.png

The never-made Avengers villain who looks radically different could be Nuke. So we could finish up the Squadron Supreme minimates.

Nuke

For Series 8 the two never-made Spidey villains who look similar to their 616 counterparts are probably Hammer head and Jackal. The one never-made Avengers villain who looks radically different, might be Nuke or maybe Super-Adaptoid, or Attuma. The cool new version of a classic villain made only once before is likely Grim Reaper. It could also be many characters depending on who is considered classic and who is considered to only have one minimate made of them. Characters like Justin Hammer, Whiplash(Vanko), Galactus, Surtur, Enchantress, Mojo, A.I.M, and Ice Giants. The re-do of a requested Avenger only made once before would probably be the animated Wasp for Avengers Secret Wars cartoon.

Edited by Scorpion

8 hours ago, DSTZach said:

Series 8 has two never-made Spidey villains who look like their 616 counterparts

My purchasing-sense is tingling.

8 hours ago, DSTZach said:

And Series 9...

200.gif

Hmmn, that sounds promising, i'm guessing Masters of Evil.

All of the clues sound pretty interesting, I'm definitely looking forward to the final reveals for both waves.