UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walgreens Marvel 'Mates

Gmonkey2k

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Walgreens taking on more Minimates is not related to TRU, either their financial issues or any anecdotal decision to discontinue the line (which I have not seen based on the 2018 line plan).

Walgreens taking movie MInimates and DC VInimates is entirely based on strong sales of Marvel Animated Minimates. I do not know if that will (or needs to) extend to comic-style Minimates, but they have also started carrying more DST action figures, including NBX and Kingdom Hearts.

I saw the NBX figures at Walgreens for $10. They looked nice, but they looked smaller than the select scale. Are they a different line?

Rather surprisingly found these last night. My local Walgreens does not have much of a toy section, and never has the new waves, but they had a ton last night. Hopefully this does mean Walgreens is ordering and stocking more. Anyway, Medusa is really cool. 

1 hour ago, Onyx_6 said:

I saw the NBX figures at Walgreens for $10. They looked nice, but they looked smaller than the select scale. Are they a different line?

PAckaging is smaller, but figures are the same as Series 1/2, head slightly different for Santa. TRU head for Jack. No alt legs for Sally.

There's a DC Vinimates thread in the Vinimates forum, but I believe the Walgreens Black Lantern has been seen in stores, yes. It is the only Walgreens exclusive in Series 1, and they will NOT have Green Lantern.

I just heard that Blackfire is in TRU, which is great! Starfire hits next week.

1 hour ago, MisterPL said:

I found one set at my nearest Walgreens last night. Between that and the Ragnarok sets, I've been unusually lucky lately. I'm actually having a tougher time finding the TRU assortments. 

I could type this verbatim. The last two animated waves were the easiest to get(I needed help on three previous waves). The TRU waves are hit and miss.

16 hours ago, The Scarlet Spider said:

Anyone notice super loose foot pegs and bad paint on their packs? Especially on White Tiger? Her mask is shoddy and her feet won't stay on. 

I had the exact same issues with my White Tiger. I was especially surprised at the rough quality of the mask.

2 hours ago, MisterPL said:

Any chance the remaining members of the Sinister Six from Ultimate Spider-Man could be released as a 4-pack through Walgreens? It just doesn't seem like a Spidey line without Kraven, Rhino, The Lizard, and especially Doc Ock.

Definitely don't mind missing out on Emo Vulture but the others would be cool. 

1 hour ago, DSTZach said:

USM is done. Series 7 is the new cartoon. Reveal Friday night at the panel.

i just checked out the character designs on Disney xd pretty much 616 with a few alterations like electro, spidergirl, and vulture,  spidey 2099 being the most different,

Two redesigned Spidey villains are in Series 7 (neither made in animated line yet), plus two returning Spider-heroes, two Avengers Assemble heroes we have not done animated yet, a villain we haven't done animated yet, and a new version of the Hulkbuster.

The Avengers villain is actually wearing a different outfit than the one we made in the main line, and the outfit is based on a different 616 outfit, so it may work for some people in the main collection.

The Hulkbuster would be at home in Minimate Addict's custom collection: http://www.minimateaddicts.com/blog