UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walgreens Marvel 'Mates

Gmonkey2k

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, The Scarlet Spider said:

I completely forgot about Walgreens 6. Definitely looking for that White Tiger pack. 

What... no snarky comments about another Walgreens Spider-Man? ;)

Hey. I found a spare Man-Thing/Spyder-Knight 2-pack when I was looking for series 5 (which I found - minus Bruce/Leader). Does anyone still need it? I have a "want" list posted. :)

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Spider said:

I get that the wave needs anchors. I'd be more apt to complain about the Vision or Goblomination :P 

On that we agree. Oh I'll buy it. That Abomination does fit the bill of the bulked up Abomination I've been pinning for since the "Mega Rage" pieces were first introduced. With they'd gone with a different head... but it's not hideous. It falls squarely in the "it'll do" category. But I gotta tell you... I hate the movie Vision design. I hate it. Too darn busy, too unsubtle (yes, okay, we get it, you wanted people to know he's a robot) face is too maroon, and the other colors to muted. I hate it the design. And yet this will be the fourth time I've bought it. Four times. And looking for the fifth one. (last years Civil War SDCC two pack) :gah:

12 hours ago, Mirymate said:

On that we agree. Oh I'll buy it. That Abomination does fit the bill of the bulked up Abomination I've been pinning for since the "Mega Rage" pieces were first introduced. With they'd gone with a different head... but it's not hideous. It falls squarely in the "it'll do" category. But I gotta tell you... I hate the movie Vision design. I hate it. Too darn busy, too unsubtle (yes, okay, we get it, you wanted people to know he's a robot) face is too maroon, and the other colors to muted. I hate it the design. And yet this will be the fourth time I've bought it. Four times. And looking for the fifth one. (last years Civil War SDCC two pack) :gah:

Unless you absolutely need it in package SDCC vision is as simple as taking the new Happy Hogan and sticking any MCU Vision's head on it. 

Edit: and hands! XD 

Edited by The Scarlet Spider

1 hour ago, The Scarlet Spider said:

Unless you absolutely need it in package SDCC vision is as simple as taking the new Happy Hogan and sticking any MCU Vision's head on it. 

Edit: and hands! XD 

The face tampo was pretty significantly different between Age of Ultron and Civil War versions.

Age of Ultron:                 Civil War:

fig2192h100.jpg              fig2554h100.jpg    

SDCC 2016:

fig2620h100.jpg

Edited by youbastards

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I wasn't sure if I wanted Skurge so I checked Walgreens today to evaluate one in-hand. Well, they had Skurge and they also had Wave 6:

20170913_133151.thumb.jpg.65c13012e21a9735fc8b127e2760cf22.jpg

I only collect comic versions so I picked these up for White Tiger and Medusa. I didn't see the Spidey/Iron Fist set and I'm not buying that Abomination. These things come out sooo fast. It's kind of nice having such a steady stream of product again. Challenging! But nice.

Medusa is excellent. I don't understand the complaints about her not passing for a comics version and I'm the biggest comics-only advocate here. Just like The Leader, Medusa changes her appearance constantly. It isn't really a hill to die on for me. I think you'll really appreciate her once you have one in-hand.

I'll take some pics later!

Found these today at two stores and I'm hoping it's just a fluke but neither got full sets instead they got a mixed box.

One had 2x Abomination and 2x White Tiger packs. The other had 3x White Tiger and 1x Iron Fist. 

Picked up the White Tiger and Iron Fist sets. The spidey is horrible. Sloppy paint, bad design, limited articulation..worst minimate of the year easily. Patriot is bare bones and dull, right into storage he goes.

White Tiger is good, but the head is a little big due to the full slip on mask. Iron fist is the best by far. He comes w a new mask head piece and yellow energy ball. He's simple but looks nice and colors are crisp.

Zach can you look into the mixed boxes? If this is how it will be going forward it's going to be a huge pain to find a complete set.

I picked up series 6 today. But one weird thing. There was no spiderman/iron fist set to be seen. The clerk i talked to said they just put them out. It weird there was no iron fist set. Saw the Thor sets as well.

i must say the animated Abomination looks pretty sweet! Looks way better in person then on the back of the packaging in my opinion ?

Edited by spidermatt

Well, after no luck at the Walgreens stores in my usual areas, I ventured to a Walgreen's in a sketchy area and lo and behold, I found Medusa and Black Bolt. Medusa looks really nice, in hand, guys. Still haven't seen any Ragnarok mates, but I must say, I got that old familiar rush of happiness when I found this set.