UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walgreens Marvel 'Mates

Gmonkey2k

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is the first animated wave where I will probably be buying the entire set. Each pairing has a version that can pass for a comic version. I just need to swap out Speed Demon's head and paint a slipover mask. I don't need Anti-Venom but this one is enough of an improvement over the old one, I'll probably pick it up. As usual, I'll have the others up for trade/sale if anyone wants.

Oh, and this is for a mod, but could we maybe kill this thread and devote threads to each individual wave? With all the 0.5's and for how close they're getting released to each other, it's getting confusing, especially with people posting in both.

Edited by bigvis497

Saw a post on Instagram of the newest wave out in the wild. The distribution on these Walgreens exclusives really suck. I haven't seen any past Wave 2 at any of the 10 different Walgreens that are within driving distance from me. People complain about TRU, but I've never had this trouble hunting minimates down like i have these goddamn animated waves. The fact you can't just fucking order them online drives me nuts. 

Edited by suicidewatch

5 hours ago, suicidewatch said:

Saw a post on Instagram of the newest wave out in the wild. The distribution on these Walgreens exclusives really suck. I haven't seen any past Wave 2 at any of the 10 different Walgreens that are within driving distance from me. People complain about TRU, but I've never had this trouble hunting minimates down like i have these goddamn animated waves. The fact you can't just fucking order them online drives me nuts. 

Have you asked at any of the locations about getting new assortments in? Especially at ones where there are low or no inventory.

7 minutes ago, fwoosheyman said:

She said they were limited to 4 per person. Not sure where that came from, but I guess I'll go back tomorrow and buy it.

Or just wait for her shift to be over. Or until she goes to lunch. Or note her name, call her at the store, and tell her she's needed at the hospital right away for an emergency blood transfusion.

Or you could wait a day and hope she's not there. Wear a disguise just in case. Oh! Pay a hobo a can of beans to buy it for you!

1 hour ago, fwoosheyman said:

Saw the post by Suicidewatch and went looking. Found them in PA. I tried to buy a Squirrel Girl pack with them and the clerk wouldn't let me. She said they were limited to 4 per person. Not sure where that came from, but I guess I'll go back tomorrow and buy it.

Sorry about that, I have not heard of this before. Ill ask about it.

Edited by DSTZach

4 hours ago, TENIME_art said:

I could see them limiting the number of the same item, to prevent scalpers. But one each of multiple different ones? That's dumb and serves no purpose whatsoever, except to cost the store a sale.

They probably don't/can't be bothered to tell the difference.

That particular store has probably had an issue with "collectors" and has chosen to impose some sort of rule. Probably some Hot Wheels guy who ransacked the place or something. That's usually how it goes.

10 hours ago, SCW said:

They probably don't/can't be bothered to tell the difference.

That particular store has probably had an issue with "collectors" and has chosen to impose some sort of rule. Probably some Hot Wheels guy who ransacked the place or something. That's usually how it goes.

Along the lines of what Zach says i think like with Target and their JLU line there is only one number for the packs. Besides I don't think that the workers don't even look at each individual sets.

22 hours ago, fwoosheyman said:

Saw the post by Suicidewatch and went looking. Found them in PA. I tried to buy a Squirrel Girl pack with them and the clerk wouldn't let me. She said they were limited to 4 per person. Not sure where that came from, but I guess I'll go back tomorrow and buy it.

Fwoosheyman, can you let me know what store it was? This is not correct, and we would like to get the correct info out to this store and others.

Anyone else who encounters something similar, please let me know.

On 1/24/2017 at 9:26 AM, DSTZach said:

Have you asked at any of the locations about getting new assortments in? Especially at ones where there are low or no inventory.

The level of indifference from Walgreens employees is high.

it's also frustrating that all the stores in my area are still 3 waves behind. Any restocks my stores have gotten have been for 1.5 or 2. 

Edited by suicidewatch

48 minutes ago, suicidewatch said:

The level of indifference from Walgreens employees is high.

it's also frustrating that all the stores in my area are still 3 waves behind. Any restocks my stores have gotten have been for 1.5 or 2. 

Obviously, every employee is different, and I may have lucked out and gotten a supervisor when I asked, but the guy I talked to was very nice, and it seemingly worked.

And any restocks will eventually incorporate later series, it's just what's in the nearest warehouse at the time. I do not know why it varies so much between stores, except for possibly a significant difference in sell-through between regions.

I am looking forward to complete my Squadron Sinister with these remaining Minimates.

I may have lost some messages but are we going to have another wave after this one? Do we already have any clue what characters will be on it? :)

Not sure I gave any clues!

Series 5:

One new Spider-Verser (female)

One new Symbiote (male)

One never-made hero (female)

One never-made villain (female)

Two rarely made villains (male, one a highly requested re-do)

Two Iron Man variants (male, one with removable armor)