UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walgreens Marvel 'Mates

Gmonkey2k

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm... Mixed on these.

On the one hand I do quite like how a number of them have turned out and want to get the new 2099 (shame he lacks the cape and possible some kind of claw hands) and Miles. On the other hand, as a UK based collector I have a feeling these could be a pain to get. Granted I do have a US based friend who I've mentioned my interest in these to but I don't know how good his Walgreens is so if he has little to no luck then I'll potentially have to deal with scalpers :/.

You will probably have to rely on US members, but honestly, I've seen every one of the Walgreens exclusive Marvel legends and Walking Dead figures the past year or two so I don't think it'll much harder than TRU exclusives.

The only issue I potentially see is if Walgreens splits up the cases amongst many different stores, in which case, we'll all be trading with everyone to get full waves

Was the 2099 Funk Pop Vinyl Figure Walgreens exclusive or with another store? While I managed to get one (they started to sell them in the UK about a month ago) my friend sadly had no luck finding one, so I'm a little worried the same MIGHT happen with the minimates. I have had people on the forum help me in the past so I'll certainly keep that in mind; a thank you in advanced to whomever may help me if needed.

Edited by pawcanada

Certain people here have decided that "Ask DST" is some kind of a brush-off, and that I should be able to answer every question posted here. I am sadly not.

However, we do offer a service whereby the PRESIDENT of the company answers every question submitted to him, and he would know the answer to that particular question. I have zero information, except that the last 50 times people have asked about characters based on Stan Lee, he has not been available to us. I strongly doubt anything is different here, especially given the results of the poll.

If promoting a useful and informative program our company offers makes me a bad marketing supervisor, then I am certainly sorry. :)

Certain people here have decided that "Ask DST" is some kind of a brush-off, and that I should be able to answer every question posted here. I am sadly not.

However, we do offer a service whereby the PRESIDENT of the company answers every question submitted to him, and he would know the answer to that particular question. I have zero information, except that the last 50 times people have asked about characters based on Stan Lee, he has not been available to us. I strongly doubt anything is different here, especially given the results of the poll.

If promoting a useful and informative program our company offers makes me a bad marketing supervisor, then I am certainly sorry. smile.png

maybe the reason "Ask DST" seems like a brush off is in how its used hmmmm, sometimes its better to just say nothing or as you now stated " I have zero information" rather than just posting Ask DST, most of us here are well aware of the ask dst program, however waiting a month, or however long it takes, for the CHANCE that your question MIGHT get answered, seems pointless when we have a DST representative here who sometimes answers questions, also Maybe Steve Anne might have seen the question or an in the know board member, so the question wasnt only posed to you, and as to whether that makes you bad at your job or not i donot know. FYI the translation of the emoticom message should be read "Good post, Not(or sarcastically) comma DST marketing supervisor"

From Ask DST 2 months or so ago:

Chris P.
What are the chances of getting a Stan Lee Minimate? I know you don’t pick up licenses just for Minimates so you could roll out a few different Stan Lee products like a vinyl bank and an updated 8″ classic retro style figure. It’s just that we have all these great Marvel Minimates and yet we don’t have the “face” of Marvel Comics to join them. I know I’d buy several so I could create all of his Marvel movie characters. Perhaps a convention exclusive 2-pack of Stan Lee and Spider-man or a box set of Stan Lee in some of his most memorable movie costumes (“Hugh Hefner” from Iron Man, the security guard from Winter Soldier, hot dog vendor from X-Men)? Thanks! Chris Polansky

DSTChuck: Chris, we did ask Marvel if our rights to the movies did include the characters that Stan Lee has played, and we were told we were not cleared to do product of him, so sorry, it’s a no-go for now.

Edited by Shogi

I seriously have no problem with not getting Stan Lee. He's not a part of the 616. Now, Man-thing & Squirrel Girl? THOSE are some pleasantly surprising pics. I can't tell you how glad i am that these guys are getting made.

If this happens to work out as a bit of a success for Walgreens, it could open up the way for heaps more characters that get spotlighted in the Animated universe in the future!

goodpost.gifno.gifdown.gifDST Marketing Supervisor

Yeah, I read that as: "Good Post! I was just kidding, it was a bad post. You are a thumbs-down DST Marketing Supervisor."

Sadly, it is one of the shortcomings of communicating only with pictures. I think that's why the cavemen and pharaohs all died.

Thousands of years later and we're still communicating with pictures on tablets...

Anyway, I'm wondering what "available at MOST Walgreens" will end up meaning for me since I only have two such stores in my vicinity. I guess I'll find out in a couple months.

Thousands of years later and we're still communicating with pictures on tablets...

Anyway, I'm wondering what "available at MOST Walgreens" will end up meaning for me since I only have two such stores in my vicinity. I guess I'll find out in a couple months.

I have 1 without having to drive farther than it's worth. I might just have to outsource them to someone on the board.

So - Squirrel Girl (seriously one of my favorites) and Man Thing will most likely not be in the same two pack. Will be working on who they are paired up with relatively soon! Darkhawk obviously was a popular choice, so it's for sure on my short-list for future waves!

So - Squirrel Girl (seriously one of my favorites) and Man Thing will most likely not be in the same two pack. Will be working on who they are paired up with relatively soon! Darkhawk obviously was a popular choice, so it's for sure on my short-list for future waves!

Darkhawk would make my collection. He was always one of my favorites.