UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walgreens Marvel 'Mates

Gmonkey2k

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the spikes, cape and a darker blue would have made him perfect. As is, it's still great, though it does look a bit too cartoon-y. Maybe he could use a bit more muscle definition? Either way, I'm not complaining, a new 2099 is a new 2099. Plus, I have an extra pair of Morbius' wings , so with a bit of paint I can give him his cape. As for the spikes, I haven't figured something out yet.

I checked the show's wiki a bit and some of the designs are pretty great. I wouldn't mind seeing these in the next wave, as they could pass for their comic counterparts:

Kraven

Taskmaster

Shocker

Beetle

Cloak and Dagger

The Vulture is an actual Vulture-Man in the show, so I'm not too keen on him.

Edited by Kostisfire

I was hoping Spidey 2099 would be a darker blue than what we see. I watched a few episodes with my son and I'm pretty sure he is a darker blue. I still love that we are getting him though, since he has been due for an update.

Except now DST won't make a proper comic version with a web cape and arm spikes because "they just made one." I think it's worse than not getting the character at all. Eleven years later and it's barely an improvement.

I can't see YB's pics, but I think 2099 is a pretty dark blue, with some lighter reflective bits to reflect his metallic sheen in the show. And this is all just control art, anyway. Final color may vary.

Sorry no web cape and arm spikes. Not sure how this will affect a new comic version, but it's not like he was on the schedule before this series came along.

Can someone tell me what that Spidey is? He loos glow in the dark? Or is he translucent? I don't watch any of the marvel cartoon right now as haven't heard good things.

I like the 'WTF?' Spidey face :lol:

He's translucent with printed webbing. The suit is SHIELD design and makes him invisible.

31..png

Edited by DSTZach

Can someone tell me what that Spidey is? He loos glow in the dark? Or is he translucent? I don't watch any of the marvel cartoon right now as haven't heard good things.

I like the 'WTF?' Spidey face :lol:

He's translucent with printed webbing. The suit is SHIELD design and makes him invisible.

31..png

Oh cool!

Dying for the Sandman that's coming out... which is just going to make me wanna stab people to get the rest of the Frightful Four.

Spidey 2099 is welcome and although Best of 2 Hulk is my "master" one I think I'll like the green on this color more.

Edited by Mystery Man

As for the spikes, I haven't figured something out.

Batman gloves

Well, Batmen aren't exactly easy to come by. And even then, you'd have to cut the spikes and paint them. Plus, they wouldn't be the right size anyway. Good idea, but you'd need something a bit more "modern".

i just thought of this yesterday but for the cape and spikes i was planning on picking up a marvel legends spidey 2099 and then picking up a spare angel using the wing holder on his neck for the cape and trimming down the cape and spikes if they're too heavy and or big

fig1968rlg.jpg

(hail ivan)

if this line gets me beetle, kraven, scorpion,a shocker, and a jack o'lantern or any of his villians i dont have already for that matter i think i'd be set

Definitely in for Beetle, if that ever happens! Would love to see the Ultimate suit in minimate form. Steel Spider would be high up on my list as well. Hopefully, I'll be able to find the Walgreen's exclusives, as Spidey 2099 and Agent Venom need to be part of my collection.

Edited by jjwspider

Just to make sure, does this also cover the Avengers cartoon? if so, then I'm pretty happy, and crossing my fingers for a Hyperion mate, he's been in a handful of episodes with some really good throwdowns with the avengers.

If you mean the current one, "Avengers Assemble", then yeah. As for Earth's Mightiest Heroes, I don't know. But man, if it covers EMH, I would be in heaven! EMH, featured the very same comic costumes we know and love with little to no alterations. I'd gladly buy more Widows and Hawkeyes if it meant getting a Leader, Enchantress, etc... Come to think of it, this and BO are great ideas. They update B/A listers in their more well-known costumes without taking the spots from new characters in the regular waves.

As for 2099, my idea was to use Morbius' "wings" for the cape and probably sculpt the spikes. I'll have to see the figure itself first though.