UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Predator Minimates

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Why not have both looks? Just include an extra chest piece.

There have been a few hints lately of DST making a small change (face tampo, different part) and selling it as variant separate release at full price, particularly in higher MSRP Blind Bags.

- ALIENS jaw variations (open/closed/open with tongue)

- Torn Oogie Boogie (alternate face tampo, alternate forearm)

- Predator Blind Bags (separate masked/unmasked figures)

These could easily be part swap features, but instead were chosen to take up a separate slot in the lineups. With the push to include so many alternate looks in other recent waves (Marvel 60, Best of Iron Fist/Cage) and the decision to include the "Mix and Match" and "Extra parts for alternate looks" declarations, it's frustrating that in other situations where "mix and match" makes sense, the decision was made to make an entirely different "variant" figure.

Hopefully we don't see more of that with the Minimates line, and continue to get alternate parts when it makes sense.

Green shirt will be TRU exclusive, with a battle-damaged closed-mouth Predator.

Shirtless will be at TRU and specialty, with a closed-mouth Predator.

Muddy Dutch will be at specialty, with an open-mouth Predator.

Lots of new Predator tooling needed for this series, both P1 and P2 Predators are completely different, and I think we're trying to get the most use out of it before we have to tool more incarnations. It's not the end of swappable parts, it's just what this line needed. Armor and vests are still removable, of course.

Cool, thanks for the update Zach, I'm looking forward to these and all the removable armor bits!

on a side note : "Muddy Dutch" sounds like something totally awesome, or totally NSFW (which also could be totally awesome of course)

disclaimer... I know what it references, I'm just cracking up at the term

I bought multiple versions of Dutch from NECA so I don't have any problems also getting them from DST. Heck, I'd be willing to buy polo shirt Dutch and jacket Dutch too.

Same here. Predator was the first R rated movie I ever saw. My dad made a bet with my brother and I and we won so he rented it for us. I think was 7 or 8. Mom was not happy. So not only do I love the film for itself it is also attached to fond memories of childhood.

I bought multiple versions of Dutch from NECA so I don't have any problems also getting them from DST. Heck, I'd be willing to buy polo shirt Dutch and jacket Dutch too.

Same here. Predator was the first R rated movie I ever saw. My dad made a bet with my brother and I and we won so he rented it for us. I think was 7 or 8. Mom was not happy. So not only do I love the film for itself it is also attached to fond memories of childhood.

Strider that is really cool, I also feel the same way. Me and my sister watched it on TV at my grandparents without my parents knowing when I was 8 and she was 6. They were not happy, but I to this day think the predator is one of the best movie characters of all time.

Strider that is really cool, I also feel the same way. Me and my sister watched it on TV at my grandparents without my parents knowing when I was 8 and she was 6. They were not happy, but I to this day think the predator is one of the best movie characters of all time.

That's awesome. It's neat to hear that others have that same kind of attachment to it.