UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Predator Minimates

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I want to know how the Predator’s heads are gonna be handled

We got three different Xenomorph heads for closed mouth, open mouth, and mouth with little mouth stuck out... should we expect three versions of the Predators for mask on, unmasked open mandibles, unmasked closed mandibles?

Will the Predators face be a plain cylinder head and masked and unmasked will just be different hair pieces?

However it’s done I can’t wait!

Edited by dr baghead

He said the main characters from each film, so I would expect Dutch, jungle hunter, Glover, city hunter, and, uh, the Pianist and the lead "Super" predator. I'll probably skip any Predators figures personally. Regarding the alternate ending, it would have fit great in with the rest of the film borrowing so liberally from the first Predator.

I guess Minimates and bottle openers just aren't enough to justify more Expendables product. Gotta be able to offer Select figures, as well. I'd have been up for a set with Gibson, Snipes, Ford, and (sigh) another Stallone, I suppose.

A Harrison Ford Minimate would probably be the best action figure likeness ever done, since 'mates don't have noses and his seems to be the one thing no one can get right.

• 1 month later...

I know the first wave, yeah. First two waves, in fact. Not finalized enough to announce yet, though.

Not sure I've seen control art yet, although we had some early designs at NY Toy Fair back in February.

When you say "first two waves", you're talking specifically about just Predator, right? Not Predator 2 or Predators.

I have to agree that it's at least a LITTLE odd - two inter-related multi-picture properties wherein one property will require separate assortments/boxsets for the various films while the other will allow for movie mixing within an assortment. It doesn't bother me. It's up to DST and the license holders how they choose to release their product. But is it, at least, just a bit strange? Yes.