UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Predator Minimates

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...

Overall I'm very happy with my Predator mates. I recently raided my Aliens / Predator mates and have enjoyed revisiting them, but there are still a few options from the first movie I'd like to see.

Looks like they will be beating this dead horse once again, with Dan Trachtenberg now set to helm a reboot, so if this opens the window for "one last shot," here's what I'd like to see in a 3-set wave or boxed set:

1. Battle-Damaged Blain (aka chest hole) with Plasma Casting Stealth Predator

2. Battle-Damaged Dillon (dismembered arm) with Skinned Corpse

3. a New Dutch Release, with a New Predator Release & spinal column accessory

More streamlined and therefore perhaps more achievable would be a box set:

Battle-Damaged Blain, Plasma Casting Predator, Battle Damaged Dillon, Dutch Variant, with bonus spinal accessory. In one pack, you'd have the three most prominent/popular human characters and a Predator.

In other words: two State Governors, Greef Karga and a hostile alien.

It was only a matter of time before Disney decided to start looking for a return on their $72 billion acquisition.

Personally I'd love to see DST pick up where it left off. I'm trying to cobble together some more key characters from The Predator. A couple Yautja are notably absent, too.

I'm expecting a new film to pull a Disney Star Wars and bring back Schwarzenegger just to play it safe. Maybe they'll drop him off on that game preserve with the armor from the last flick and we'll get a proper sequel to Predators, too.

I think I understand the disdain for The Predator but I enjoyed it. (I feel the same way about Thor: Ragnarok and people loved that flick. ?) If the only thing taken from the last movie is that armored suit, that'd be fine with me.

Not sure what Disney has planned for AvP (if anything) but I imagine it falls under the same licensing umbrella now. Even poorly received movies can generate fun toys. Look at Star Wars.

• 4 weeks later...
13 hours ago, MisterPL said:

Not gonna lie: When I see what NECA has done with this franchise compared to DST, I frown a bit.

not knowing much more of predator outside of the movies and the old arcade game, there is some nice figures in that line up. The water emergence one from the first movie is well done showing the cloaking shield failing. The one figure that really did make me smile is one of the blacked out silhouette ones.

Ultimate Warrior Predator, I know its nothing to do with wrestling but as soon as i read it I couldn't help imagining one of those figures with bright purple, orange etc paint work WWF style. It really did make me grin. Lol

• 10 months later...
  • 6 months later...

I recently learned that not only were Schwarzenegger and Ventura governors, but Sonny Landham (who played Billy) also ran in a primary for a Kentucky gubernatorial election.

Shane Black or Carl Weathers need to run for office, and keep the streak alive.

I'll also take this time to campaign for a new/final/commemorative box set, with "a Dutch" variant, a chest-hole Blain, an arm-rip Dillon, and a plasma-casting Predator with spinal column accessory.

On 5/27/2022 at 11:30 AM, elhonez said:

I recently learned that not only were Schwarzenegger and Ventura governors, but Sonny Landham (who played Billy) also ran in a primary for a Kentucky gubernatorial election.

Shane Black or Carl Weathers need to run for office, and keep the streak alive.

I'll also take this time to campaign for a new/final/commemorative box set, with "a Dutch" variant, a chest-hole Blain, an arm-rip Dillon, and a plasma-casting Predator with spinal column accessory.

Gary Busey (Predator 2) also ran for governor against Arnold.

• 1 month later...
5 minutes ago, elhonez said:

So every couple of months I like to return here to keep the dream alive of one more classic Predator set.

(and artificially inflate my post count)

So every couple of months I like to "me too" elhonez's effort to keep the dream alive. :)

Me too!

Edited by cylonchaney

How about a set from the new Predator movie (Prey) coming out next month? A four pack would be great. Plus I really  just want a whole reboot like I mentioned earlier in this thread. Fully sculpted mandibles and longer dreads on the Predators would look fantastic. Mezco did it with their Predator Mez-its so I don't see why DST couldn't have also.

• 4 weeks later...

It was good, I was surprised. And the Predator had so many toys at his disposal. If I had a nit to pick, it would be with the very poor bear CGI. They should have just done stop motion animation with the Tekken Kuma MiniMate.