UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Predator Minimates

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's almost like they don't realize that the only reason the ONLY good Predator movie worked was because it was the Predator versus a bunch of absolute badasses that in any other movie would have been unstoppable and yet this crazy hunter alien was able to take them out.

Predator 2 was okay because it was at the height of Danny Glover's "action" career, but even it was a pale imitation to the original which really set the tone.

Everything else has sucked.

This looks to continue that trend. It looks like an okay "alien" movie, but doesn't feel like the Predator at all. It's such a shame that this really unique, absolutely awesome creature has been continually watered down in so many bad movies. I guess there's no reviving it at this point. Once Dr. Olivia Munn and the Hardy Boys are fighting the Predator, it's pretty much past the point of no return... Then again it's kinda been that way ever since the "spear" scene.

• 5 weeks later...

So now that we have a glimpse at the new Predator, how long before they lift the embargo on the reveal of merchandise?  Beyond the box set, we don’t know of any plans yet.  Was there a TRU wave planned?  Will it make it out somewhere?  

• 3 weeks later...

NECA showed off their figure for The Predator and they are calling it the Fugitive Predator. Im assuming that's what DST will call it. I guess we'll see them at SDCC?

I hope we get a masked head for it as well.

Edited by RedTiger95

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 2/13/2018 at 2:06 PM, MisterPL said:

The release date for The Predator is getting pushed back about a month:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/411851-20th-century-fox-pushes-back-alita-and-the-predator#/slide/1

I doubt it will affect any merchandising.

Or not.

When is this boxed set due out again? With an absence of Marvel Animated and Infinity War Series 2 at Walgreens I'm getting itchy for new 'mates.

• 3 weeks later...

“The first Predator Minimates box set revealed! Casey Bracket, Quinn McKenna, Rory McKenna and Fugitive Predator make up the four-pack, coming this winter to a comic shop near you.”

Not what I was expecting. Hopefully this means another box set with the other Predator, Traeger (Brown),  Keyes (Busey) and Cole (Key).  Or any of the other ‘Looneys.’  Can’t wait for next weekend.