UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Predator Minimates

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those are going to be exclusive to TRU, aren't they? Or am I miss-remembering that specialty was taking a break from Predator?

And aren't we still missing one of the 4 Predators from Predators? Didn't one have the elephant tusk mask?

6 hours ago, M.Spctr said:

kastor.png

This one would have passed me right by, thanks Kastor

These are in no way complaints... rather suggestions for modifications on these figures when they release. I think it's awesome that we're getting some recreations of the Kenner line, but some are a bit off. I imagine this mostly has to do with DST not wanting to mold pieces for things that will be potentially reused.

Jungle Demon - Not much wrong here, rather spot on recreation

Renegade Predator - Not green enough, this figure is a bit too yellow and originally had a blaster and more curved glaive

Lava Predator - All of the armor should be red, I applaud the chest tampo here though

Nightstorm Predator - This figure is great, but will need the horns added onto his mask

Hive Predator - Really well done, albeit his weapon is a bit off

Overall I am so stoked we're even getting these figures at all. NECA did great recreations of these figures over the years so it's nice to see another company taking a swing at them! I'll just be modding these slightly! Bring on more EU! I need Scarface and the Dark Blade Clan from Concrete Jungle.

I also hope we eventually get to see some AvP waves.

Edited by WeaponX

2 hours ago, Onyx_6 said:

Those are going to be exclusive to TRU, aren't they? Or am I miss-remembering that specialty was taking a break from Predator?

And aren't we still missing one of the 4 Predators from Predators? Didn't one have the elephant tusk mask?

Yeah, the Predator we are missing is the Tracker Predator. He's the one that utilizes the hounds we just got. So I hope he's still being made.

9 hours ago, arnim zola said:

they mentioned in the panel trying to get the rest of the predators cast that is missing and maybe more detectives from predator 2 

That's nice to hear! 

I was surprised we weren't getting Harrigans two cop pals (Leona and Danny) from Predator 2. I figured at least one of them would be in this set. I feel like we could've done with a bloodied Harrigan, Leona and Danny and at least one of the remaining two ship scene Predators.

Still, these look great!

Edited by Mystery Man

11 hours ago, WeaponX said:

Renegade Predator - Not green enough, this figure is a bit too yellow and originally had a blaster and more curved glaive

Lava Predator - All of the armor should be red, I applaud the chest tampo here though

Considering we're looking at a JPG of an image projected on a screen (where the blacks are far from black) and none of our monitors are calibrated, I wouldn't worry about the colors just yet. You're other observations appear spot on though. This is another assortment I'm looking forward to.

Found the Masked Battle-Damaged Predator Vinimate at GameStop today. Not listed on their website but had seen a DST Facebook post about it.  Took 4 GameStops, but it was only 6.99 (and not on clearance).  

Added a couple Valiant t-shirts (Harbinger and Bloodshot) from the clearance rack and those were buy one get one free. Total cost under $14!

On 7/24/2017 at 5:05 PM, MisterPL said:

Yeah, save the General and pilot for when you get to the choppa.

4 hours ago, The Scarlet Spider said:

We need scaled choppers. I've seen some great Playmobil Hueys. 

I think you guys are on the money and everyone in this thread would get the reference/buy it.