UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Predator Minimates

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And jet black Aliens tend to stand out against that kind of backdrop...

Didn't see it.
Or Prometheus,
or AvP,
or the other AvP.
After Aliens 4, I'm completely and totally done with that whole Alien thing.
Saw Predators... meh.
Might see new one when I can see it for free, done paying directly for those too. 

Nope.
But then, I've collected almost exclusively Marvel minimates from the word go. I was on board with DC mates when they were coming out but that's it.
That has very little to do with my stand on the movies, just a conscious decision to keep my toy spending within budget.

So I'm trying to catch-up on all the Predator stuff I missed when Hastings went under and the TRU's near me ran dry. Can anybody help? I really don't want to get raked over the coals by eBay. 

Two-packs:

Water-Emerge Pred/Cloaked Warrior Pred

Blind-bags:

Hawkins
Mac
Keyes

I'd appreciate any help anybody can throw my direction. 

I was the same way when Series 5 of The Walking Dead was so hard to come by at TRU. It really threw a wet blanket on my enthusiasm for the line. I know one collector who stopped when she couldn't find Abraham. I feel bad because I got her into collecting Minimates and now she's offering to sell most of them to me.

3 hours ago, MisterPL said:

I was the same way when Series 5 of The Walking Dead was so hard to come by at TRU. It really threw a wet blanket on my enthusiasm for the line. I know one collector who stopped when she couldn't find Abraham. I feel bad because I got her into collecting Minimates and now she's offering to sell most of them to me.

I know just whatcha mean. Three friends of mine couldn't lay hands on a Silk... and neither could I.

There's rare and then there's insultingly ridiculous. 

Edited by Mystery Man

14 hours ago, Mystery Man said:

Damn. I wish these guys weren't so hard to get. :(

Now I'm debating on even buying more, you know?

I know.  That's why I haven't bought Wave 3 yet, and thus haven't bought Wave 4.

It's also why it took me so long to get into the Alien line because of all the blind bag, one per case, rare garbage.

I have no problem with any other Minimate lines - but they had no blind bags infecting them.  Thankfully, hopefully, they are dead.

(I always thought the one-per-case Marvel Minimates were annoying, too, I'm glad I gave up on Marvel years ago.)

24 minutes ago, BCDX97 said:

It's also why it took me so long to get into the Alien line because of all the blind bag, one per case, rare garbage.

There weren't actually any blind bags for Alien, just an boxed counter display.

I've been really lucky with blind bags so far. I only wanted the standard Turtles and a few common Predators from TMNT and Predator, and I managed to get all of the Marvel ones I wanted without much difficulty.

Still, I know from searching for exclusives and older figures how much of a pain rare minimates can be, and that a lot of people have had trouble. It's really a shame that elusive characters are making people quit lines.

Yeah the Alien line has been a LOT easier to collect than the Predator line, as far as rare/short-packed figures goes. Probably the one from Alien that was most difficult to get was the Hastings 4-pack and that was pretty readily available once we knew about it.

I can understand the angst about the 1 per case figures in the Predator line. I'm lucky I guess in that I can afford to buy a full case and insure my collection is complete. But I also understand DST's side of things. Not that I agree with their reasoning but I can understand it.

And it seems the blind bag backlash as it were has caught up with them. Given blind bags are now going away across all lines it will hopefully be easier to get everything going forward.

I guess that answers our questions about Kenner Predator variants. They're a great way to give us something other than the same figure over and over. I'll be interested to see a better picture of those helmets. I had been going to suggest that DST copy NECA's idea to do a jungle demon Predator but it looks like they already thought of it. I'm down for the briefing figures. That's got to cover all possible Dutch variants, right?

Hopefully bro hands will be included for Dutch and Dillon. And they mentioned in the panel trying to get the rest of the predators cast that is missing and maybe more detectives from predator 2 but for the first one there wasn't really any other characters aside from the pilot and general in the beginning. I would actually like some guerilla soldiers and a skinned body from Hopper's failed excursion.