UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Predator Minimates

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6/29/2017 at 1:08 PM, JeffBohn said:

Luke warned us about lowering the amount he was ordering in a different thread... "Hey guys, just an update that we will only have a limited number of Predator Minimates Series 4 available, as we ordered much less based on sales of the previous series. Also we are only getting standard cases instead of custom cases. Preorders are in our store here:  Predator Minimates Series 4 "

Well that's disappointing.  I don't remember seeing that the first time around.  I really like this line but I wish the crew from the original Predator weren't so hard to track down.

Nobody is "retired," but nobody was re-released, either -- I'm not sure how many releases of each of the members of the team we could be expected to do. Inventory still exists for everyone -- EVERYONE -- the only thing missing is a retailer willing to stock them. Or people willing to team up on an assortment or counter display from our web store and split it.

shop.diamondselecttoys.com/predator

The lifespan of the line seems to be healthy, anyway -- TRU Series 5 packaging was just approved. And we actually got six assortments at specialty, counting bags. Better than most Minimates lines. And NECA's line seems to be surviving with only ONE team member.

Edited by DSTZach

Has Neca done any human other than Dutch? From any movie?

DST has done a great job so far. My only complaint is how many of the same Predators we have gotten.

@DSTZach I know "The Predator" is next on the list, but is the comic license on the table? The female human/Predator has seen a few releases and I wouldn't mind her!

My only complaint with this line is how we aren't getting any alternate parts for Predators.  Masked/Unmasked should be one release, which would directly affect your one complaint, Onyx_6. 

They only did it once for the Series 1 Blind Bags, P2 City Hunter I think.

Edited by youbastards

I was more disappointed with something like this latest series where the hound would have been the perfect character for the 'army builder' slot, not aother stealth version of a specific Predator. But, yes, alternate heads would have been nice.

11 hours ago, Onyx_6 said:

Has Neca done any human other than Dutch? From any movie?

No.

DST has done a great job so far. My only complaint is how many of the same Predators we have gotten.

Characters must be paired based on movie. To get all of the team from Predator, you have to get multiples of the Classic Predator, as most of the characters are not strong sellers on their own and need a Predator. This is done to help sell-through at retail. We have done few human-human two-packs. Maybe I could have argued for an Anna-Poncho two- pack, but I see the logic, and I have definitely pushed for more Predators 2-packs, including Hanzo's, and one in Series 5.

@DSTZach I know "The Predator" is next on the list, but is the comic license on the table? The female human/Predator has seen a few releases and I wouldn't mind her!

I assume we have some comic rights, like with Alien, but I don't know much about that character. Series 5 has some EU stuff, but toy-based.

On 6/28/2017 at 7:48 AM, Roccothegreat said:

found them in staten island new york. these look real nice in person.

Found in Brooklyn, thanks for the heads up!

7 hours ago, DSTZach said:

I assume we have some comic rights, like with Alien, but I don't know much about that character. Series 5 has some EU stuff, but toy-based.

Is this an allusion to the Kenner stuff? Yes please!

fqh41.jpg

Not all the 2-packs were done by movie. Blaine/Shaman Predator set from series 2 mixed the source movies and was packaged as Predator 2. The Berserker/Shaman set from TRU series 2 is the same, as is the Water Emerge/Cloaked Warrior set from TRU series 3.

Also the pairing of 2 human figures seemed to work just fine for the Alien line. And that series of films didn't have as many different "monster" characters as the Predator films.

7 hours ago, Mysterious Stranger said:

Not all the 2-packs were done by movie. Blaine/Shaman Predator set from series 2 mixed the source movies and was packaged as Predator 2. The Berserker/Shaman set from TRU series 2 is the same, as is the Water Emerge/Cloaked Warrior set from TRU series 3.

That rule was enforced after Series 2. Not sure how Water Emerge slipped by, but Predator variants may not be as rigidly enforced.

Also the pairing of 2 human figures seemed to work just fine for the Alien line. And that series of films didn't have as many different "monster" characters as the Predator films.

The fact that there is only one creature look per Alien film, with fewer variations among them, made human 2-packs MORE necessary in the Alien/Aliens line. Also, those are all sci-fi outfits, while Predator characters are all civilians or standard military -- arguably less appealing on their own. Also, opinions may vary, but there are more iconic, defiined characters in Aliens than any Predator film, making them more able to stand on their own. 

49 minutes ago, MisterPL said:

I'd like a General Phillips 'mate and Kevin Peter Hall as his Helicopter Pilot, too.

Speaking of choppers, what kind of helicopter was used in filming? I might want to start looking for one that fits this scale.

Bell UH-1 "Huey".

On 7/1/2017 at 2:07 PM, MisterMiracle said:

Well that's disappointing.  I don't remember seeing that the first time around.  I really like this line but I wish the crew from the original Predator weren't so hard to track down.

Yup.  Another short packed figure, one per case, while poor Luke's is selling the blind bag Preds from Series 2 for $2 because nobody wants them!

Maybe they should have made more Mac/Hawkins/Anna and less of the redundant Predators?  It's just a bummer trying to collect this line.

2 hours ago, BCDX97 said:

Yup.  Another short packed figure, one per case, while poor Luke's is selling the blind bag Preds from Series 2 for $2 because nobody wants them!

Maybe they should have made more Mac/Hawkins/Anna and less of the redundant Predators?  It's just a bummer trying to collect this line.

Mac was not one per case. There were two of him, same as Noland and Keyes. 

If anyone needs a Series 4 set with Anna, Big Bad Toy Store has the set with Anna for less than SRP.

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/Product/VariationDetails/48791

They also have Series 1 and 2 blind bags if you need Hawkins or Edwin. You're still gonna pay a premium for them, but it might be worth it if you want a some extra Army men, Predators or Mexican enforcers for customs.

I don't live in the US & there is only one place that I found online that had that variant set & it wasn't BBTS who ,according to my screen had been sold out since around Saturday .

I've always enjoyed this line & I've managed to collect them all despite ....everything.  It's been tough & just when I thought things would get easier .........LCS custom cases equally packed.......... it all goes tits up  . That's not a dig at Luke because I entirely understand his dilemna (dilemma) .

17 hours ago, TooNiche said:

Bell UH-1 "Huey".

That's kind of embarrassing because I'm pretty familiar with Hueys. It was the first model kit of a chopper I ever built but in my defense, it's been a long time since I saw the movie and I was too lazy to pop it in the player. Now I'm on the lookout for a quick Huey fix. Thanks!

On 6/29/2017 at 4:17 PM, RedTiger95 said:

We still need a Tracker Predator to go with those hounds and a masked Berserker Predator. Also does Hanzo come with a shirtless chest block?

Sadly, he does not... just a grey torso piece. 

Edited by ufemizm