UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Predator Minimates

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Definitely seems to be the correct case breakdown, at least from my rushed feeling-up of the blind bags in my LCS just before closing time. I only made it about halfway through the box before they closed, but I got all 3 humans (was really surprised Edwin was first and still there, as the short-packed figure always seems to be the first one gone at this store), both thermals, and a wounded city pred. Would have preferred another variety than the 2nd thermal but I can deal. smile.png

Most of the preds seem really tough to tell apart by feel. Edwin is easiest as he has no accessories and the bump from his hoodie behind his head. My Danny Trejo only came with one gun (no machete for Machete?) but he has a ponytail, while Billy has bigger gun, machete, and smaller knife.

Edited by squonk

• 2 weeks later...

I knew that people didn't like blind bags, but I didn't realize that they would such a strong reaction. I don't have a problem with blind bags. I'm sorry if there's something I'm missing, but do you people just dislike the feel method? No one at any comic shop I've been to has ever had a problem with me feeling the bags near the cash register.

It's hard to "feel" anything when you have to order them online due to nobody carrying them anywhere near the area you live in.

Yeah, this is definitely a problem for me. I can't get Burke or the other soldiers from Alien, because there is no store near me I know of that carries these. Certainly not my tiny little local comic shop. So I can get them from Ebay - right now I see the 3 of them would cost me $55 with shipping from a seller - or I can buy the case for $60 and be stuck with multiple duplicates.

And the blind bag Billy sold out really fast from Luke's, to the surprise of no one. Making them short packed and/or blind bags just make these a hassle, and more pricey, and none of that is fun. Toys are supposed to be fun!

>

In Japan, they call blind-boxed figures "Trading Figures." I used to collect trading cards and baseball cards, and while the price of a pack may not line up exactly, the way you're getting them is exactly the same, only there are lot fewer holes to fill. This community is a great place to trade, as are the Facebook groups, so I would take advantage of that.

This is a solid idea BUT...what happens when we're left with extra Predators that nobody has any interest in because they're going to buy them in a 2-pack because they come with the some of the more big name characters and are a way better value? I'm just a little disheartened that a line I was so excited about has already right out of the gate left me with expensive holes to fill or duplicates that I'm not going to be able to move.

I had no issue with the K-Mart blind bags as I was able to find multiples of everyone and even help people out on here. It's easy to feel up the bags in an entire toy aisle when there's no one around. It's WAY more awkward when comic shops have these placed right next to the cash register. I feel like an idiot trying to figure out what's what.

Yup. Nobody is going to want the Predators from the blind bags, unless they're army building them, because they are in the 2-packs. So 9 of the 18 figures in the blind bags are just duplicates. And then they make the duplicate figures the highest packed figures in the case, too! They are just trying to manipulate us with their business schemes, and we all know it, and it sucks.

I'm not saying this is all on Zach, he might have almost nothing to do with the blind bagging/short packing. But he knows this sucks and makes it a pain. I don't even like the variant figures the Marvel line has - those are a pain, too, glad I stopped buying that line ages ago. Why can't we just buy what we want? Is that being too entitled - wanting to know what we are spending our money on?

Why does the Predator's heads look different from the promos? The tan on his face has three points, where the promos and sorce material have two. You follow me?

Yeah, I noticed this. It looks a little weird. I didn't know if this was an error on mine, or a screw up at the factory, or intentional, or what.

Maybe this will help with Burke and friends.

MINIMATES ALIEN CARTER BURKE

MINIMATES ALIEN SPUNKMEYER

anyone else take note of the slight differences in the Blind bag vs TRU Predators?

the TRUs are darker brown, on the P1 predators the "bone" necklaces are a yellowish green vs more peach or tan on the blind bagged ones,

with the mask being a darker gun metal color vs the silver of the blind bagged one. the P2 blind bag predator has a very dull brownish mask while his TRU version comes with a glossy copper colored piece

in the following pics the TRU versions are always on the right side, it may be hard to tell the differences in the pics but in hand they are quite obvious -M

A1226B01-CE02-41BC-8787-7CEC392F6085_zps

FEC2CC65-0D99-41D9-955D-E55E7C6A29F3_zps

61C04D66-B3BC-4599-B077-63646A684F69_zps

433E9B38-5CBA-4967-9165-BE210D0F027F_zps

I don't find mix-and-match and match Predators a very compelling idea because even if DST makes all of the movie and Dead End Predators there just aren't that many unique parts. Most of the Lost Predators are just a new helmet on a Jungle or City Predator body. I guess there would be an opportunity to swap parts around but you'd end up with a Predator that's practically indistinguishable from the others.

• 6 months later...

Found two sets at the Toys R Us on La Cienega! I left one for you! These sets almost make we want to watch Predator 2 again, almost... Can't wait for the others. Also, we got a rubber chicken, is it too much to ask to get a skull attached to a spinal column?

3sfPhVy.jpg?1

mXz5qgy.jpg?1

Although...

5x7Mphj.jpg?1

Check my customs page for the skull and spine

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

From http://www.thearnoldfans.com/news/2016/7/18/comic-con-2016-survival-guide-for-schwarzenegger-fans.html

Also on display at Comic Con, Diamond Select Toys will show their all new Predator Minimates 2-Packs Series 3 Asst. The Predator Minimates series returns with another assortment of figures based on the classic action films Predator, Predator 2 and Predators. In this series, Thermal Dutch faces off with the classic Predator, Muddy Royce faces off with a Cloaked Berserker, the Falconer Predator teams up with the Warrior Predator, and a rare, one-per-case 2-pack features a Cloaked Falconer! Each 2-inch Minimates mini-figure features 14 points of articulation as well as fully interchangeable parts and accessories. Each 2-pack is packaged on a full-color blister card! A 2-Pack is $9.99/each  and the release will come in Winter 2016!

"Classic Predator" should be the one from Predators that looked like the one from the original film.  It is slightly different than 87's version.

"Muddy Royce"....  Give me the other cops from Predator 2.

1 hour ago, youbastards said:

From http://www.thearnoldfans.com/news/2016/7/18/comic-con-2016-survival-guide-for-schwarzenegger-fans.html

Also on display at Comic Con, Diamond Select Toys will show their all new Predator Minimates 2-Packs Series 3 Asst. The Predator Minimates series returns with another assortment of figures based on the classic action films Predator, Predator 2 and Predators. In this series, Thermal Dutch faces off with the classic Predator, Muddy Royce faces off with a Cloaked Berserker, the Falconer Predator teams up with the Warrior Predator, and a rare, one-per-case 2-pack features a Cloaked Falconer! Each 2-inch Minimates mini-figure features 14 points of articulation as well as fully interchangeable parts and accessories. Each 2-pack is packaged on a full-color blister card! A 2-Pack is $9.99/each  and the release will come in Winter 2016!

"Classic Predator" should be the one from Predators that looked like the one from the original film.  It is slightly different than 87's version.

"Muddy Royce"....  Give me the other cops from Predator 2.

There were 3 other main cops in Predator 2 - the tough lady cop, the hat and mustache guy and Bill Paxton. I have plans to put together Paxton's character using an Aliens Hudson head but I can't imagine them not making him if the line keeps doing well.

But I agree on the Muddy Royce. Did he even get muddy in the movie? I forget. I'd rather have some of the original Predator team or one of the other Predators characters than a repaint of Royce.

Edited by Mysterious Stranger

46 minutes ago, stack32 said:

Does that solicit mean we're getting another wave where the variant is packed with a duplicate character?

I assume so. DST seems to count Predators as army builders.

We still need pictures of the Classic Predator, Cloaked Berserker, and Muddy Royce, correct?

Edited by BuffaloDelorean