UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Predator Minimates

• Replies 846
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm, while I still think sculpted mandibles are the way to go, I can understand wanting to reduce the amount of toolings (even if they could be reused multple times for Lost Clan, etc.). The profile may look odd, but I suspect a brow-forehead/dread cap will suffice. However won't each mask variation require separate toolings, or are the plans to utilize one headsculpt with the unique masks being separate pieces? That could be a cool way to kill two birds with one stone if done right. Just a suggestion!

I was hoping for essentially a helmet piece where the dreads and mandibles were sculpted but the eyes and mouth would be a tampo, so I'm a little worried about the whole face being a tampo. I guess we'll see how it looks.

That was how I imagined them, but it may still work. We'll see. I'm more concerned with sculpted details and overall silhouette (stature, proportions, etc.). If they put as much care into these as with the Alien/s Xenos (despite slight inaccuracies), I think we're in for a treat! Edited by cdubya

• 1 month later...

I saw them in the Toy Fair. The mandibles are just tampo the head is sculped on top giving the a more round read with the sculped dreads. The heads with masks are totally sculped.

From what I talked with Zach, the license didn't include AvP neither the comic books, just the movies. All three. There in the Fair they showed a few characters from every movie. Dutch (2 versions), Billie and Dillon from the firsts (among with two different versions of the Predator), City Hunter and Harrigan from second and Edwin and Cuchillo from Predators. No super predators showed. For now.

Edited by Gregio

I actually hope the success of both Aliens and Predator lines leads to an eventual merger. Say what you will about the quality of the AVP films, but there were some great creature designs. Wolf is possibly the most bad-assed Yautja despite starring in the worst film in the franchise! No humans necessary other than maybe the lead female from AVP.

So for Predators, not counting the different variants (invisible/battle damaged) we could get

Jungle Predator (Predator)

The Lost Tribe Members: City Hunter, Elder, Boar, Borg, Snake, Shaman, Gort/Guardian, Stalker, Warrior, Scout (Predator 2)

Captured Jungle Predator (Predators)

The Wolf Predators: Berserker, Falcon, Tracker (Predators)

• 3 weeks later...