UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Zombies Villians 3

Zak Katz

It was my understanding that we couldn't get any more infected heroes. I didn't think that precluded licensees like DST from offering heroes or other uninfected characters (like Ultron) within the assortment.

Not heroes, no. That's been discussed before. We don't make Marvel Zombies toys, we make Villain Zombies toys. Tigra and Machine Man would be great in the regular line, though.

Could we see the Hood in one of those sets? He was not zombified, but he's still a villain. With him having a starring role in the new Illuminati book, he'd make for a good addition to the 4-pack. I mean, new characters are always welcome in my book and The Hood's a pretty "big" player from the Dark Reign days.

• Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So it would seem that, given the precedent of a non-zombie character is this third set, the possibility of including a regular Machine Man may still exist.

Time to "Ask DST!"

Well, the precedent it's setting is that a non-zombie villain may show up in one of the boxsets. A character generally regarded as a hero is never gonna show up in a Marvel Zombies set zombified or otherwise, unfortunately. confused.gif Seems that's just how Marvel wants it.

Seeing Tigra in amongst all this makes my heart cry.

I might have to put let Gideon go and start campaigning for the West Coast Avengers.

I think this box set looks pretty damn cool biggrin.png

Has anyone read the whole Zombie series? If it actually worth read? or is it just fun to see zombie versions of Marvel mainstays?

I've read all of them (even Marvel Apes vs Marvel Zombies.. Yeesh!). So, the ones worth reading for sure are Dead Days, the first and second series. They're all written by Robert Kirkman (guy has zombies on the brain). The third and fourth are just OK. Return finishes up the storyline from the original Kirkman ones, and is written by Fred Van Lente. The issue where Spider-man goes to the 1960's universe is kind of good, but the whole thing's more or less meh. The rest (Supreme, 5, Evil Evolution) are blah, too. Your mileage will vary, but they're pretty forgettable.

I will say, though: Marvel Zombies vs The Army of Darkness is fantastic. If you only read one, make sure it's that one.

I second the recommend on MZ vs AoD! It was a lot of fun and didn't take itself as serious as the regular series.

So it would seem that, given the precedent of a non-zombie character is this third set, the possibility of including a regular Machine Man may still exist.

Time to "Ask DST!"

The issue has been asked and answered. It's not so much about zombie vs non-zombie. It's about villains being included, and not heroes. Ultron, while a non-zombie, is a villain.

Machine Man is viewed as a hero and so will not be eligible for a 'Zombie Villains' box set.

Seeing Tigra in amongst all this makes my heart cry.

I might have to put let Gideon go and start campaigning for the West Coast Avengers.

I think this box set looks pretty damn cool biggrin.png

Has anyone read the whole Zombie series? If it actually worth read? or is it just fun to see zombie versions of Marvel mainstays?

I've read all of them (even Marvel Apes vs Marvel Zombies.. Yeesh!). So, the ones worth reading for sure are Dead Days, the first and second series. They're all written by Robert Kirkman (guy has zombies on the brain). The third and fourth are just OK.

Personally, I prefer Vols 3 and 4 to the rest of the run.

Volume 3 is a great, fun, Robot v Zombies romp, with great appearances by Machine Man and Jocasta. Plus, special bonus for the return of everyone's favorite Darkhawk supporting character Portal as the man running A.R.M.O.R.

Volume 4, meanwhile, is misnamed as it's really just an update of the ol' Legion of Monsters team from the 70s. Big crazy supernatural fun with manphibians run amok and an appearance of your second favorite Deathlok knockoff, Siege.

So much more fun than the original series. It's a shame they were quickly forgotten about.

I've never really been a great zombie fan (I read the first one because a friend told me it was great(!) and wasn't very impressed tbh. However, the situation regarding the inability to include heroes in any form in these box sets simply says to me that maybe we need some variety in the comic box set line like we used to get rather than just these zombie ones?

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The guy has 35 Mutagen Michelangelos right now listed at $44.99 each. There's all the info you need to know about this guy right there. I used to buy stuff from him years ago when I had a few holes in my collection but I'll never do business with him again after seeing plenty of examples of listings like that over the years.

• 2 weeks later...

This box set sure has a lot less accessories than the past two sets. No alternate looks! not including zombie parts. Having said that, I like this years better than lasts.