UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel Zombies Villians 3

Zak Katz

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 195
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If it requires new tooling its probably not going to show up in these zombie sets I would think, though that would be a cool mate. Ive heard the reasoning for no more zombie hero merch but I think its ridiculous that we never received the zombie F4 as they were one of the most important parts of the story, Zombie Thor I also recall being a big deal. Other than Magneto and red skull I dont remember the zombie villains being important and Galactus was most certainly not a zombie at any point.

Without the F4 I stopped being excited for the zombies line, and even more so when we got the strange tales box and instead of a 2nd box in that theme we started getting more zombies that aren't even important to the story. I need some ointment for this burn.

I only read the first two series and spinoffs, but I distinctly remember human Kingpin being gunned down by the Punisher in the Marvel Zombies/Army of Darkness crossover. In the same series non-zombie Blob was being chased by hungry zombies, presumably as a buffet. Doom and magneto died non-zombie (and got eaten) as well. Galactus was eaten by the hero zombies. Can't say I remember the rest of their fates.

Yeah the only really glaring omission from the Zombie Heroes that I really care about is Fantastic Four since it's them that got us into the Zombieverse in the first place and eventually they became the Ultimate Frightful Four.

I only read the first two series and spinoffs, but I distinctly remember human Kingpin being gunned down by the Punisher in the Marvel Zombies/Army of Darkness crossover. In the same series non-zombie Blob was being chased by hungry zombies, presumably as a buffet. Doom and magneto died non-zombie (and got eaten) as well. Galactus was eaten by the hero zombies. Can't say I remember the rest of their fates.

Kingpin showed up as a zombie in the 3rd miniseries. Doom was turned into a zombie and appeared in the first miniseries. Magneto and Galactus were only zombified in covers and promotional art/merchandise, if I remember correctly.

I hope they keep putting X-Men villains in. A full Zombie brotherhood is well on its way.

Actually that kinda is the box set formula. One X-Men villain, one Spider-Man, one Avengers, and one other random person

X-Men so far: Magneto, Sabertooth, Pyro

Spider-Man: Goblin, Morbius, Vulture

Avengers: Red Skull, Doom (who is kinda everyone's villain), Ultron

And then the other guys don't really have a theme.

I wish these would come out more frequent than once a year. How about a voting poll for the next one?? I need that zombie mysterio in my life.

Honestly, I'd have preferred a Supernatural Box-Set out every Halloween. These sets are really nice and well made, and it's cool that it's an annual thing, but I'd much rather get characters like Ghost Rider, Strange, Voodoo, Elsa Bloodstone, etc, etc. Still, if we're going to get one every year, then I agree that a poll is quite a cool idea. Maybe have a themed Zombie set every year? Say, next year have Spider-Zombies with Boomerang, Venom, Ock and Mysterio. After that have A-Zombies and so on and so forth...

I would think since they tried both approaches the Zombie boxsets turned out to be more popular, which I suppose isn't surprising.

Probably, since MZ requires no new tolling, thefore it's "cheaper" to produce. And it's usually "big names" of the villain world.

Oh! Someone was like "We need more zombies!" "Turn to a random page and make a 4pk!" "Genius. Give this man a raise!"

Except we designed these before the book was done. So there was no random page to turn to, only reference art.

I believe what was actually said was "Instead of choosing random characters to zombify, let's do something from the new book that's coming out!" Only a few pages were released in advance, and those characters appeared on multiple pages, as seen in this preceding spread/panels:

54edee6b52702.jpg

Note the appearances by Kingpin AND Sabretooth. I want a Zombie Stilt-Man now...

Edited by DSTZach

Oh! Someone was like "We need more zombies!" "Turn to a random page and make a 4pk!" "Genius. Give this man a raise!"

Except we designed these before the book was done. So there was no random page to turn to, only reference art.

I believe what was actually said was "Instead of choosing random characters to zombify, let's do something from the new book that's coming out!" Only a few pages were released in advance, and those characters appeared on multiple pages, as seen in this preceding spread/panels:

54edee6b52702.jpg

Note the appearances by Kingpin AND Sabretooth. I want a Zombie Stilt-Man now...

Still you gotta admit the entire box set being on one page in the comic is delightful cosmic coincidence.