UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Glyos System - Power Lords, Skeleton Warriors, Roboforce, etc.

glyos_zps1nmffyhp.jpg

I wanted to give a shout out to the Glyos family of toy lines, which I am a big fan of. They all use the same system of articulation and swappable parts, so you can not only exchange parts within one toy line, but within all of them. For some of the lines, it makes building new figures even more fun than buying the standard figures.

The Glyos family includes:

Here are a few pics from my collection:

skeletons01_zpss7nd2t16.jpg

onell_shelf_zpszb2szuhh.jpg

onell01_zps66840449.jpg

a63ab931-8233-477e-9e1d-110e1e25f9b3_zps

lhXXVQY.jpg

I know Cappy is a fan of these as well. Anyone else here collect any of these lines?

I have just about every one of the Weaponeers of Monkaa figures, and I absolutely love them. I also just got my full set of Skeleton Warriors and those are a lot of fun as well, and the Skeleden Glyos included with those has gotten me interested in that line as well. They're a lot of fun!

The Skeleton Warriors had their own cartoon (and line of action figures) in the 90s.

Hopefully my skeletons will be arriving soon. They look pretty cool and I hope they end up running more in other colors because I could definitely go for black and clear red.

Don't forget Rise of the Beasts, Banimon, and Mystical warriors of the Ring!

RotB

l40Co0G.png?1

MWOTR

tyG1MFa.png?1

I don't have a picture of my Banimon on my computer but I will remedy that and post it soon.

I have been extremely happy with every toy from the Glyos family that I have purchased. Particularly Goliath from MWOTR!!!

Yeah, they sold out in a minute or less, which is really fast even compared to some of the ridiculously fast sellouts that have been happening lately. Matt posted on the blog that they're already placing an order for a second run so more should be available eventually. I couldn't decide if I wanted one, none, or both and ended up successfully ordering both, though I'm not sure how.

I received my Stryker Lock figures today. Still not a fan of the paint rub, but the the visor paint and sculpt balance that out to make a really cool figure. They look great beside other Glyos figures too. I can't see myself buying a ton of them, but I think there's probably a couple of color combos that could get me to buy them again. What they really make me want though is a similar, larger figure in the regular Chinese vinyl to act as a Glyos version of the Celestials or similar characters.