UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

NETFLIX Daredevil: Finish Line - Spoilers inside

Zak Katz

Chill out udp, it's his opinion. Just because you have a crush on her doesn't mean he's wrong. I thought she was so annoying, but decent looking. When your annoying it's hard to be attractive.

1 - I'm not wrong. I said "I don't think" she was attractive. That is right. I don't. At all. I don't think she's ugly. I just don't think she's attractive.

2. no one needed you to think she was attractive...like ever? how is that even relevant?

2 - REPEATEDLY characters would say how beautiful she is. After about the third time, I couldn't take it anymore. It was like the show was trying to convince us.

I'd say in both she's more normal person attractive then movie star glamorous. Which is perfectly fine with me; I like normal people more then movie stars.

In my mind, "normal people" constitute some of the wacky folks I see at the Wal-Mart at 11 pm. . .I would take the movie stars over that, but YMMV.

I thought the woman playing Karen was extremely attractive, though her little tics and mannerisms got a bit annoying toward the end of the season (same goes for Foggy and even Ben).

her attractiveness is as relevant as Foggy's

Again, I only have made her attractiveness an issue because the show itself did. They went out of their way to tell me how beautiful I'm supposed to think she is. It was the writers who made it relevant

Speaking of Ben... Holy s**t did that hit hard.

No kidding, right?

Again, I only have made her attractiveness an issue because the show itself did. They went out of their way to tell me how beautiful I'm supposed to think she is. It was the writers who made it relevant

Huh. That might explain why I think she's prettier here than in True Blood. I don't recall them ever mentioning how cute she was on that show.

I'm semi-tumescent for Foggy, too, now that I think about it. Probably because I was brain-washed by that sweet old Latina. Damn it.

I'd say in both she's more normal person attractive then movie star glamorous. Which is perfectly fine with me; I like normal people more then movie stars.

In my mind, "normal people" constitute some of the wacky folks I see at the Wal-Mart at 11 pm. . .I would take the movie stars over that, but YMMV.

I thought the woman playing Karen was extremely attractive, though her little tics and mannerisms got a bit annoying toward the end of the season (same goes for Foggy and even Ben).

Well, you do live in Louisiana... biggrin.png

Huh. That might explain why I think she's prettier here than in True Blood. I don't recall them ever mentioning how cute she was on that show.

I'm semi-tumescent for Foggy, too, now that I think about it. Probably because I was brain-washed by that sweet old Latina. Damn it.

They never mentioned it on True Blood because NO ONE MAY BE DEEMED CUTER THEN ANNA PAQUIN. IT IS FORBIDDEN.

-The final mask is absolute trash and hopefully they fix that.

-Fisk being portrayed as an awkward adult virgin sometimes was a very low point along with

having him just meet Vanessa which was boring and probably rules out The Rose, one of my all time favorite C-list villains. That's just personal nitpicking though.

-I thought Foggy was terrible at first because he delivered his lines so forced but he got progressively good near the end.

-I'm not sure if it's a good thing or bad thing but despite the forced references to Avengers, DD didn't feel at all a part of the MCU but the show held it's own so well that I don't mind.

-Felt way too much like a Nolan batman movie sometimes, especially the final episode. I felt they could have brightened things up and made it look and feel much more like it's a part of the MCU while still keeping the overall tone of the show.

You thought Fisk and Vanessa was a low point? Interesting. I thought it was one of the best things in the series. Such an intriguing way to introduce our monstrous villain: put him outside his comfort zone doing stuff he normally wouldn't. Then when you show him being his normal self it'd be all the more terrifying.

I think they did a great job humanizing him and making him three dimensional, but I do agree that at times he seemed weak. Personally, I think that was more in his dealings with his partners than with Vanessa, but it's a minor quibble in my eyes. I do agree with the note Politician put in his spoiler tag, though. Shame we'll miss out on that character.

• 1 month later...

Frank isn't pretty, Tom Jane is. Not that I didn't enjoy his performance but that isn't the Punisher. Jane is super fun to watch in anything, that's why he was enjoyable, he was an awesome Mickey Mantle and a very good gigolo. I just don't see Punisher when I look at Jane. Now Brenthal is more Castleish, he looks beat up, weathered, I'd still like to see more before I knight him as the perfect Punisher. Ray Stevenson looked right for the roll, I think the performance will be reliant on the writing.

I was gonna say, they could have paid Thomas Jane whatever and he probably would have done it. He sunk his OWN money into a Punisher project already, should have given him a chance I think.

This is a good casting choice but far from the best ever, there's a few people I'd have rather seen but I'm not disappointed.

I've seen him as Shane and I've seen him in Wolf of Wall Street. I've also met and interviewed him, full disclosure. I think he's a phenomenal actor who looks the part to a tee and who can parlay the traits of Shane into exactly the Punisher I want to see

You have to layer decency, desperation, and dementia just right for these sorts of roles. Jane WAS my favorite Punisher, but I imagine Bernthal playing a Frank who's a little farther gone. And you need that in a world of heroes and vigilantes

I never liked Shane but I can totally envision Bernthal as Frank Castle. He's a little short (Frank is 6' 1") but he makes up for it in physique. Last I saw Bernthal he was bigger than Charlie Cox who's just as tall. They should play off each other nicely.

And yes! Start dropping some Moon Knight Easter eggs in the show!