UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Lego Dimensions

Zylek

I got truly excited for this, still am somewhat. However I wish they would release a full Back to the future lego game trilogy. I'm wondering how many levels it will get in this. They are offering the level pack which is neat, but no trilogy by any means.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

Anyone after just the blocks for these rather than the actual pieces for the game could check these out:

http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32440053620.html?ws_ab_test=201407_1%2C201444_6%2C201409_3&productId=32440053620&productSubject=Bozhi-98070-Building-Blocks-Super-Heroes-Avengers-Minifigures-DIMENSIONS-Ninja-Joker-Batman-Car-Plane-Train-Bricks&tracelog=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail

No sign of the Ghostbusters set, and I'm sure others are missing, but it's only a matter of time.

Anyone after just the blocks for these rather than the actual pieces for the game could check these out:

http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32440053620.html?ws_ab_test=201407_1,201444_6,201409_3&productId=32440053620&productSubject=Bozhi-98070-Building-Blocks-Super-Heroes-Avengers-Minifigures-DIMENSIONS-Ninja-Joker-Batman-Car-Plane-Train-Bricks&tracelog=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail

No sign of the Ghostbusters set, and I'm sure others are missing, but it's only a matter of time.

If you just want the figures, there are heaps of Ghostbusters sets around on AliExpress. Don't know if the Dimensions versions will be all that different to what's already out there.

On another note - when the hell are we getting a Ghostbusters Lego game?!?!? i'd be all over that!

http://m.aliexpress.com/item/32440053620.html?ws_ab_test=201407_1,201444_6,201409_3&productId=32440053620&productSubject=Bozhi-98070-Building-Blocks-Super-Heroes-Avengers-Minifigures-DIMENSIONS-Ninja-Joker-Batman-Car-Plane-Train-Bricks&tracelog=wwwdetail2mobilesitedetail

If you just want the figures, there are heaps of Ghostbusters sets around on AliExpress. Don't know if the Dimensions versions will be all that different to what's already out there.

On another note - when the hell are we getting a Ghostbusters Lego game?!?!? i'd be all over that!

Considering that one of the Dimensions sets is a Ghostbusters Level Pack, we kinda are. It won't be its own game, but we'll be able to play Ghostbusters meets The Doctor if we like. And we like.

That's true i guess.

I've avoided this style of gaming so far. I don't have Infinity or Skylanders. Collecting toys is already a bit of a struggle with my minimalist boyfriend. Most of our storage is taken up by boxes of my toys. I'm worried that getting into this means i'm gonna end up with more clutter. LOL

The main "problem" I have with such kind of games is that it's not so much a game as it is a ploy to get you to buy those little statues. If they were fully articulated figs, maybe I'd "forgive" them, but as it stands, Infinity and Skylanders just don't peak my interest. The Toy Story 3 game had a feature called the Toybox, and it was exactly like those games. An open world with a few different areas (haunted mansion, space station, western, etc), which also gave you the chance to create your own "adventures"/scenarios/scenery. Needles to say, it got pretty old, pretty fast.

Now, Lego Dimensions mixes tons of properties, plus, the figures are actually "playable" so I could see myself giving this one a go if I was financially able to. But, as it stands, I'll have to keep away from it. You can get "addicted" pretty fast, and I can't have that. Not with Lego Doctor Who possibly becoming a full blown license later down the line.

• 2 years later...

Can't say I'm surprised. They never seemed to gain much traction. TRU has them back with the gaming stuff, and away from the Legos, and the Lego Store (mine at least) only has a small selection. The problem with these is that they were basically a vehicle for minifigures, but the prices were too high and the selection of new figures not great enough. The only one that I bought was the Bart Simpson one for his soapbox racer, and even that was only because it was on clearance and I needed a few dollars to qualify for free shipping.

I noticed the other day that TRU was also deeply discounting Skylanders, Amiibo, and (also discontinued) Disney Infinity stuff. I guess the trend toward video game/IRL crossover toys was overhyped?

As you mentioned, HP, I think all of these lines were way too expensive to collect on a practical level.

Edited by Lobsterman