UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Comic-Con 2015 Exclusives Speculation

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, I do NOT remember the FightBolts, but I think I'm lucky for that

Nah, the comic was completely fine. It just suffered because X-Statix was doing the same thing but much better. That, and the Nicieza Thunderbolts it replaced was probably one of the only classic Marvel-style comic book being published at the time when Marvel was going through it's artsy phase so it PO'd a lot of readers who wanted that type of thing.

I think they're talking about the RedBolts.

Call it a marketing opportunity if you like, but you'd probably have to criticize each individual character for being so popular first. Darn popular characters, gotta team up all the time...

If the issue is that their "uniforms" matched, matching uniforms is all anyone talks about here.

If the issue is that they were called the Thunderbolts, Thaddeus Ross wants to talk to you.

Other than that, they were all ex-military/paramilitary/assassins, which seems to fit in with the general "Suicide Squad" theme that the Thunderbolts evolved into, except with anti-heroes and not actual villains.

Man, we should do the original Thunderbolts. They were really cool. :D

It's not a criticism, it's very smart from a marketing standpoint, my issue with it is that nothing about that team fits what I think of as the Thunderbolts. I know there have been different takes and different spins on the concept, but the one thing that always seemed to be the constant was villains trying to fit a heroic role. The Redbolts? They all were operating in that antihero capacity way before the book ever started, and to me it felt like they could have been a different team and just been called something else, but they thought putting them in Thunderbolts would make it a huge hit. It reminded me a lot of when Marvel made Wolverine, Spiderman, Hulk and Ghost Rider the "New Fantastic Four." And besides that, it just felt boring. "We should team up because we kill people like it ain't no thang." (I'm pretty sure that's an actual quote.) But Norman Osborn trying to lead a team full of damaged heroes, villains trying to atone, and straight up psychotics was way more interesting to me. I also liked the Luke Cage team as well.

But I agree, you definitely should make the original Thunderbolts.

The Redbolts? They all were operating in that antihero capacity way before the book ever started, and to me it felt like they could have been a different team and just been called something else, but they thought putting them in Thunderbolts would make it a huge hit.

Also, Thaddeus Ross' nickname is "Thunderbolt." So it kind of makes sense.

Marvel, Marvel, Marvel. Should have gone with "Red Hulk and the Uncanny Thunderbolts." Problem solved!

I'd have preferred something like Secret Warriors. They just made their own version of the Squad and used T-Bolts for the title, which sparked quite a lot of Internet hate. I just want Moonstone and Songbird back...

PS: If you haven't read Hickman's Secret Warriors go and do it now. NAOWH!

Man, we should do the original Thunderbolts. They were really cool. biggrin.png

You, there! Don't be breaking my heart.... our hearts, even. You'd have a LOT of support from the board to do a couple of boxsets that got us the original Thunderbolts line-up.

When you play the game of thrones, you win or you die. There is no middle ground.

Yes, I have to agree with others here. You win, die, or get raped, tortured/castrated, blinded, reincarnated following each death by the Lord of Light or White Walkers, married off to someone for political purposes, sent to the Night's Watch, warged into a bird, wolf, or mentally retarded person, turned into a slave/stone man diseased, or you enter a large magical tree. Lots of middle ground there!