UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Comic-Con 2015 Exclusives Speculation

DST is said in the past that they are limited in making comics exclusives that tie into movies based on "market confusion". Why this doesn't seem to apply to Hasbro, which has a comics Ant-Man set out this year, is anyone's guess. I agree, an "Ant-Man Through the Ages" set would have been a good idea.

Yeah, I kinda remember that as well. Still, such a set would've been nice. We NEED a new Janet and the rest would have been simple repaints.

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*crosses fingers*

more Ghostbusters Minimates please!

*crosses toes*

Just not that awful piece of garbage Paul Feig is crapping out.

I am trying to do everything in my power not to judge until I've seen the finished result.....

buuuuuuuuutttttt.... I ahve not liked anything involving Feig or McCarthy soooooo.... I'm screwed

I don't hate the MOTUC proportions on Lion-O like I thought I would, but I'm not sure why they gave him Eugene Levy-strength eyebrows. Jackalman looks pretty great though. I need to see more figures but I might sign up, those subs are just so much money.

Definitely getting the '80s cartoon He-Man and Skeletor.

For those at SDCC:

Think somebody could try to pick up an AFX exclusive that's sold out on their website for me? I can pay immediately through PayPal and have oodles of positive feedback here on the forum.

Please PM me if you'd be willing.

Edited by Mystery Man

Pretty cool that Matty is doing Thundercats. Not sure if others here saw this, but Mondo is doing 12" Ninja Turtles in the style of the comic designs, but colored like the old figures. They look awesome, but I fear will be cost prohibitive.

http://news.toyark.com/2015/07/10/sdcc-2015-mondo-tmnt-madballs-hellboy-scott-pilgrim-167055#images

I am trying to do everything in my power not to judge until I've seen the finished result.....

buuuuuuuuutttttt.... I ahve not liked anything involving Feig or McCarthy soooooo.... I'm screwed

I was keeping an open mind. Didn't think the jumpsuits were too bad. Didn't like the proton packs. The car wasn't great. The bikes are dumb. But I was going to give it a chance.

Then a friend at SDCC messaged me to say that the Sony rep was really proud & excited that all the proton packs have "gags" ("26 total")...and McCarthy's proton pack has F**KING TESTICLES HANGING FROM IT. HA. HA. ISN'T THAT FUNNY!? HER PROTON PACK HAS BALLS. HYSTERICAL, RIGHT!?

<_<

I was keeping an open mind. Didn't think the jumpsuits were too bad. Didn't like the proton packs. The car wasn't great. The bikes are dumb. But I was going to give it a chance.

Then a friend at SDCC messaged me to say that the Sony rep was really proud & excited that all the proton packs have "gags" ("26 total")...and McCarthy's proton pack has F**KING TESTICLES HANGING FROM IT. HA. HA. ISN'T THAT FUNNY!? HER PROTON PACK HAS BALLS. HYSTERICAL, RIGHT!?

<_<

Annnnnd fuck that movie.

Mega Bloks put out a Castle Greyskull concept piece, as well a potential He-Man and Battlecat prototypes:

http://news.toyark.com/2015/07/10/sdcc2015-potential-masters-of-the-universe-meg-bloks-167947

I would buy this to go with my Minimate customs, and I'd be glad to get Battlecat, even one that looks like that. Sorry, but the Mega Blok body has never done anything for me. BTW, if there's anyone interested in doing MOTU customs, there are lots of great parts available on Shapeways, and they are having a free shipping deal for the weekend.