UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Comic-Con 2015 Exclusives Speculation

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Mallrats mini is not real exciting, but I'd prefer it be that way. If it were a translucent Hulk or something really cool, I'd be back to doing Moose Stuff.

Moose_9d419b_1623429.jpg

Hey to you guys that are out there, Lobby... Zach... anyone: DC gave out some cool looking capes for their new SuperheroGirls thing. Might one of you snag one for me? Well, for my daughter. No biggie if you can't.

From the BTTF thread...

Wow...at this rate there won't be any new reveals at SDCC next month.

So is this the full list of what we haven't previously seen/product not solicited that was on display at SDCC?

- TMNT Wave 3 (guessing these are both LCS and TRU)

- Final versions of the Valiant pack.

- Muppets Beaker & Honeydew (and variant blown up versions)

- Spongebob Series 2 Gary the Snail & Plankton accessories

- One Walking Dead character (Maggie?)

Looks like the PvZ are just the action figures, I don't see any Minimates.

Those aren't Minimates? I guess you're right, those aren't Minimates. Never mind.

Here's an Aliens and Predator Gallery:

http://news.toyark.com/2015/07/10/sdcc-2015-diamond-select-toys-aliens-and-predator-167146

Gotta say, if TMNT Wave 3 is the only previously unrevealed wave shown at SDCC, this was a pretty lackluster show.

I knew this would happen! DST showed like five different waves and box sets in the month before SDCC. If they'd waited until today, we'd all be going nuts. But they didn't, so the show is lackluster.

f-p.gif

I'd be surprised if we see much in the way of new minimates with everything that's already been announced.

The Predators look better than what we've seen before, but the feet plus the waist riser almost make them look like they're on stilts. The human figures look really good though.

I think we'll be seeing at least the new Wallgreens wave. DST always has something for the panel. Other times it's a lot, other times it's just a wave or two, but they always have something new to show. Plus, we know that from the Wallgreens fan-poll we'll be getting 2 figs and not one (the top 4 were Man-Thing, Squirel Girl, Uatu and Stan). My guesses are Man-Thing, seeing as he'll be in a new comic and Squirel Girl, with Uatu being "saved" for an Original Sin box-set (chances are this year's TRU fan-poll set, if it happens, will be OS themed if you follow the pattern).

Kinda off-topic, but I've been playing a lot of Future Fight and I recently collected all of the Ant-Man related characters, so it got me thinking. The SDCC Ant-Man 4-pack is kick-ass and I really like it, but I can't help but feel that a comic set would have been even better. Modern Giant-Man, Modern Ant-Man, Modern Wasp and Eric O'Grady Black Ant and bam! instant box-set of the year. I mean, the regular set is already my most anticipated 4-pack of the year (mainly because of that sweet Yellowjacket), but this would've been great. Well, let's just hope that we see some of these characters down the line...

PS: For anyone playing Future Fight, "Team Pym" is the BEST team to have IMO. You fill all the bonus slots and Yellowjacket is a beast character. I played non-stop for 2 days but I finally collected all of the Ant-Man characters and hot damn, that's the best team I've played with so far...

Edited by Kostisfire

DST is said in the past that they are limited in making comics exclusives that tie into movies based on "market confusion". Why this doesn't seem to apply to Hasbro, which has a comics Ant-Man set out this year, is anyone's guess. I agree, an "Ant-Man Through the Ages" set would have been a good idea.

Toyark has a full Minimate gallery:

http://news.toyark.com/2015/07/10/sdcc-2015-diamond-select-toys-minimates-167312

Except for the Marvel stuff, which is here:

http://news.toyark.com/2015/07/10/sdcc-2015-diamond-select-toys-marvel-167204

Edited by hellpop

DST is said in the past that they are limited in making comics exclusives that tie into movies based on "market confusion". Why this doesn't seem to apply to Hasbro, which has a comics Ant-Man set out this year, is anyone's guess. I agree, an "Ant-Man Through the Ages" set would have been a good idea.

I've always found the market confusion idea interesting as it seems to be exactly the opposite of how collectors would buy product. They also don't seem to worry about it with t-shirts and novelty items.