UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Comic-Con 2015 Exclusives Speculation

• Replies 617
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the comic based mates are the main attraction of the minimate collection Ive been building since they started. Im liking the movie stuff but I am glad we are getting more comic diversity with upcoming waves and hope that continues.

Or They Live?

They Live! would be an awesome property for mates.

I would love a Keith David/Roddy Piper two pack (with sunglasses accessories) and an alien/Meg Foster two pack. That is one of my favorite John Carpenter movies, with The Thing being my favorite JC film.

I'm not a real big fan of the MCU minimates so I will pass on those. I will definitely get two of the Alien minimates though. I wish that Kevin Smith thing was articulated at the shoulders, hips, and head. I would have grabbed a couple to customize as Sentinels, Giant Man, etc.

Edited by THE_CRIPPLER

I can completely understand why these are being made. You'd have to be mad not to capitalise on the momentum of a film like AoU at an event like Comic Con.

And the timing is perfect for Ant-Man movie mates as well, with the film being released around SDCC.

So -if i understand this right, what we've seen will be the exclusives from AFX this year? DST usually has an exclusive or two of it's own which is only sold at the DST booth, correct?

Zach, are you able to reveal is this will be the case, and if so - what lines they will be from?

I can completely understand why these are being made. You'd have to be mad not to capitalise on the momentum of a film like AoU at an event like Comic Con.

And the timing is perfect for Ant-Man movie mates as well, with the film being released around SDCC.

So -if i understand this right, what we've seen will be the exclusives from AFX this year? DST usually has an exclusive or two of it's own which is only sold at the DST booth, correct?

Zach, are you able to reveal is this will be the case, and if so - what lines they will be from?

AFX has the Age of Ultron set, and the Alien single pack. So if you want to thank anyone for expanding on the AoU cast or making such a cool single-pack possible, thank AFX. But they seem to sell to other retailers as well, like Luke.

The Ant-Man set, TMNT set and Vinimate will be at our booth, at a variety of retailers on the floor, and at other, non-attending retailers, like AFX and Luke.

There is another set that MAY be at our booth, but I am waiting to hear more, as it will also be somewhere else exclusively.

And we will have a promo, I hope. Waiting to hear.

AFX has the Age of Ultron set, and the Alien single pack. So if you want to thank anyone for expanding on the AoU cast or making such a cool single-pack possible, thank AFX. But they seem to sell to other retailers as well, like Luke.

The Ant-Man set, TMNT set and Vinimate will be at our booth, at a variety of retailers on the floor, and at other, non-attending retailers, like AFX and Luke.

There is another set that MAY be at our booth, but I am waiting to hear more, as it will also be somewhere else exclusively.

And we will have a promo, I hope. Waiting to hear.

so zach, any other accesories in the avengers set other than a gun for fury and hair for iron man

so zach, any other accesories in the avengers set other than a gun for fury and hair for iron man

Lots are in the control art, not 100% sure what will be in the set. Iron Man might have a flight stand. Nick might have an alternate head. Tony might have a suit jacket and a gauntlet for hammer-lifting. Ultron might have Minimate hands and feet. But we'll see what makes it to the tooling stage.

Lots are in the control art, not 100% sure what will be in the set. Iron Man might have a flight stand. Nick might have an alternate head. Tony might have a suit jacket and a gauntlet for hammer-lifting. Ultron might have Minimate hands and feet. But we'll see what makes it to the tooling stage.

... what makes it to the tooling stage? You do know SDCC is in like 7 weeks, right? Is your production turn around that fast?

Edited by Mysterious Stranger

Looks like samples just arrived, so I think we'll see all of the things I listed.

Also, Scott Lang comes with hair and a backpack, and Ant-Man has a base that looks like a penny. Yellowjacket's base looks like a bottlecap.

That's absolutely hilarious.

So are the mini Ant Man and Yellowjacket more in the style of Tinker Bell or Puppet Master's puppets?

Looks like samples just arrived, so I think we'll see all of the things I listed.

Also, Scott Lang comes with hair and a backpack, and Ant-Man has a base that looks like a penny. Yellowjacket's base looks like a bottlecap.

At first this set was a pass, but with all these accessories I can't say no to it now! Will the other boxset feature similar things?

That's absolutely hilarious.

So are the mini Ant Man and Yellowjacket more in the style of Tinker Bell or Puppet Master's puppets?

...or Rocket?

Either way, must have; well played!

So - judging from the Lego sets, it looks like there will actually be

2 Ant Men? There seems to a darker and a lighter costume. If i had to guess, based on the facial detailing under the masks, i'd say that the Silver trimmed costume is Scott Lang, while the darker costume is Hank Pym.
It looks like this costume wont be represented in the Minimates line - however, with a quick head-swap and a black Sharpie, you might be able to re-create the look pretty easily. :D

Edited by Nessex