UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Deadpool Movie Mates

Gmonkey2k

I'm not upset in the sense of really wanting a wave for this movie, like others have said the costume is so close you could use the comic version, I'm more just bewildered by the logic DST uses in regards to what to pursue. When people ask how many more box sets of nothing but Deadpool we needed, they responded by saying that those box sets outsold almost everyone they've made as of late, and then when that same character gets a movie, they don't have plans to pursue it. I just don't understand the criteria they use for these decisions. And I'm not going to bring up the Netflix argument again, but it's another case of a property that has the potential to become huge, that they're leaving on the table.

And then on the flipside, there's the inevitable wave after wave of Civil War 'mates, which will feature almost every character we got multiples of in the last several years. It's funny, my excitement for the Civil War movie is so high, and my excitement for the 'mates related to that movie is remarkably low.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I QUIT.

Really!? ok we'll hold you to that.

Bye Bye

Not really. I just got upset and needed to vent. I just thought this could be DST opportunity to make a perfect Deadpool for those not able to get the w28 version.

I strongly apologize for what I have been saying. Just really not happy.

Meh, you can always buy the current Deadpool (which is my favourite BTW). Or you can buy the 4-pack and mix&max a perfect one. Honestly, I had 2 28'Pools (one remains, the other had his...sigh.....paint rubbed off) and the one from the T-Bolts set is my favourite (with a Pickard neckpiece and extra holster he becomes perfect). The Uncanny X-Force one is a close second, but mine had the pai-you know what, so after modding/painting him, my "enthusiasm" went down a little. Besides, Movie'Pool is much closer to NOW!'Pool than 28'Pool.

I QUIT.

Really!? ok we'll hold you to that.

Bye Bye

Not really. I just got upset and needed to vent. I just thought this could be DST opportunity to make a perfect Deadpool for those not able to get the w28 version.

I strongly apologize for what I have been saying. Just really not happy.

Meh, you can always buy the current Deadpool (which is my favourite BTW). Or you can buy the 4-pack and mix&max a perfect one. Honestly, I had 2 28'Pools (one remains, the other had his...sigh.....paint rubbed off) and the one from the T-Bolts set is my favourite (with a Pickard neckpiece and extra holster he becomes perfect). The Uncanny X-Force one is a close second, but mine had the pai-you know what, so after modding/painting him, my "enthusiasm" went down a little. Besides, Movie'Pool is much closer to NOW!'Pool than 28'Pool.
But my biggest problem with all of my Deadpool's is the sword shealths. The older (best of) Deadpool's shealths always fell off and yes I know "nothing a little glue can't fix", and the NOW Deadpool doesn't even have shealths

I'm not too disappointed with the news but I don't blame people that are. It seems like a boxset would have been relatively easy to do if a wave was too much. I'm probably more bummed about no Marvel Select figure. Yes, I know there's a comic one that's been out for a while but the way DST has been killing it with MS figures a new movie version could easily have been the definitive Deadpool figure.

Let's all remember, regardless of your feelings on this movie, we're pretty much guaranteed to get at least two waves for Civil War, featuring Iron Man, Captain America, Hawkeye, Black "Straight outta Merchandise" Widow, War Machine, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Ant-Man, Falcon, and Winter Soldier. All of whom we got in the last two years, a lot of whom are still available, and some aren't even out yet. So Deadpool seems to have a lot more newness to it by comparison.

And yes, I would obviously like to get more Comic based waves with new characters, I'm just basing this on a trend of releases.

Edited by Valo487

Let's all remember, regardless of your feelings on this movie, we're pretty much guaranteed to get at least two waves for Civil War, featuring Iron Man, Captain America, Hawkeye, Black "Straight outta Merchandise" Widow, War Machine, Scarlet Witch, Vision, Ant-Man, Falcon, and Winter Soldier. All of whom we got in the last two years, a lot of whom are still available, and some aren't even out yet. So Deadpool seems to have a lot more newness to it by comparison.

And yes, I would obviously like to get more Comic based waves with new characters, I'm just basing this on a trend of releases.

I agree on the Civil War point. The only new character worthy of a figure I can think of is Crossbones, because my word does he look amazing.

I'm not upset in the sense of really wanting a wave for this movie, like others have said the costume is so close you could use the comic version, I'm more just bewildered by the logic DST uses in regards to what to pursue. When people ask how many more box sets of nothing but Deadpool we needed, they responded by saying that those box sets outsold almost everyone they've made as of late, and then when that same character gets a movie, they don't have plans to pursue it. I just don't understand the criteria they use for these decisions. And I'm not going to bring up the Netflix argument again, but it's another case of a property that has the potential to become huge, that they're leaving on the table.

This! We know that the Deadpool Assembles wave did well for them, and the Deadpool Corps probably did too. We also get told that Movie waves move well and are often more sellable that comic stuff. The combination of those two ideals seems like this the perfect property to make figures for.

Still - i'm not a marketer and i don't have all the relevant info.... just seems puzzling.

DST will probably do a re-release of the Select figure around that time i guess.

I agree on the Civil War point. The only new character worthy of a figure I can think of is Crossbones, because my word does he look amazing.

And Baron Zemo, though I'm not sure what his look will be. I didn't include Black Panther or Spider-Man, as this will be their first cinematic version for Marvel. I also have a feeling that will be seeing Red, but I could be wrong about that.

I think that the Deadpool movie deserves at least a box set, you have the man himself, Colossus, and whoever else they feel is most worthy, and again it's not something that I'm aching for, but I certainly think you can justify it from a fan and a marketing standpoint.

Fans want a lot of stuff. And I want to market cool stuff. But in the end it's a business decision.

Keep in mind, there are currently 14 different Deadpools, including the Deadpools Assemble Box Set, which you can use to build whatever kind of Deadpool you want. The set includes his regular gear, in addition to the other costumes. AND it's in stock.

Aside from Colossus, who has six Minimates of his own, and is my favorite X-Man, I'm not seeing a lot of cool costumes in the trailer.

I'd like to take the s opportunity to say I'm a fan of deadpool when it comes to serving up a whopping, but in every other aspect including his 4th wall breaking I find him annoying, obnoxious, and really other than the wave 28 one and a few other striking variants, I am constantly slapping my forehead with all the talk about how great this moronic character is.

I'm glad this terrible character isn't taking up a slot or wave that could go to something worth a damn.

I'd like to take the s opportunity to say I'm a fan of deadpool when it comes to serving up a whopping, but in every other aspect including his 4th wall breaking I find him annoying, obnoxious, and really other than the wave 28 one and a few other striking variants, I am constantly slapping my forehead with all the talk about how great this moronic character is.

I'm glad this terrible character isn't taking up a slot or wave that could go to something worth a damn.

post-9944-0-58600800-1439424307_thumb.jppost-9944-0-17013200-1439424318_thumb.jp

Like the mutant lobsters from fallen angels!

You know, a week or two ago I would have felt certain there would at least be something for this film, considering how much DST has been on the Deadpool bandwagon the last few years. I think I just need to retire from the pursuit of learning DST's thought process on choosing who/what to make. Every time I think I've got a good grip on it, they do something completely different.

Anyone who thinks Deadpool is a terrible character just hasn't read the right material. And I honestly don't blame you. The most well known version, the one that the kiddies know, is the Way one that is, IMHO, downright atrocious. It's nothing more than a walking "joke".

But, the current Vol, the Joe Kelly run and Cable & Deadpool star a much different and much better version of Deadpool. One with depth and various attributes that make him a really great character. I suggest giving them a read.

Totally agree with Kostis on Deadpool. The wrong writer (like Way) can turn him into a really annoying character very quickly. Unfortunately I'm afraid that might be the version the movie draws on for inspiration.

I think DST's thought process on choosing who/what to make is usually "How do we make more X-Men?"

Edited by stack32