UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Deadpool Movie Mates

Gmonkey2k

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Even with a movie tie-in I think most of those characters would be a tough sell. After Colossus and Deadpool I can't imagine more than one of them making it into a wave. It's more likely that a Deadpool-themed wave would end up with three Deadpool variants.

NTW looks pretty dope in her X-Men costume. She'd made a good stand-in body for a whole heap of young x-men figures.

I'd buy a wave - but they might eb able to get away with a box set of Colossus, Deadpool, NTW & 4th Figure. 4th would probably have to be Ajax as i assume he's the villain. I'd love a copycat, but only if she has white/powder blue skin and hair like in the books. However, i suspect she's going to look like a regular human in the film.

Colossus, Deadpool and The main Villain would probably all be able to 'anchor' a 2-pack each. And i don't doubt that they'd want 2 Deadpools in the wave.

If they were to make up a wave, something like this could work:

Deadpool & Angel Dust

Ajax & Negasonic Teenage Warhead

Colossus & Weasel

Deadpool variant & Copycat

although - i'm surprised Blind Al is being left out of the conversation.I suspect she's going to be a bit of a favourite in the movie.

From the latest Q&A:

"Frank P.

Hey Chuck! With the popularity of Deadpool and his movie coming out, can we look for a Deadpool movie Minimates wave? Really interested in Colossus and a civilian Deadpool based off of the images that have been released. Also is it possible to get a Marvel Now or All New, All Different rerelease of Deadpool, possibly with a uncanny Avengers wave?

DSTChuck: Frank, it looks like we will not be doing product for the Deadpool movie. I suppose there is still time, but looks like no."

Booooooo......down.gif

I QUIT.

HOW COULD YOU FORSAKEN ME DST.

WHY?!

WHHHHYYYYYYY!!!!

/Start: Rant/Plead

Out of all the movies you choose NOT to do it had to be this one. It HAD to be this one. I could have gone without the past XMEN movie waves if it had meant we got Deadpool. Seriously. and it is frustrating that we didn't get him, but we have have gotten mates of movies/shows not even completely relevant anymore, like The Munsters, Kill Bill, Pulp Fiction, EVEN F*CKING LOST IN SPACE. But no, go ahead and skip this movie. Its fine I don't even care, its like the rest of the people on this thread have been saying: He looks so much like the comic version, a movie one would be pointless. And I completely agree its like we are getting Deadpool's every wave.

post-9944-0-36401000-1439258992_thumb.pn

I mean slow down DST! A guy can only handle so much! Seriously I am being smothered by how much Deadpool you have been cranking out lately.

post-9944-0-36401000-1439258992_thumb.pn

/End Rant

/End DST FAITH

deadpool.gif

Edited by Gmonkey2k

I QUIT.

WHY?!

WHHHHYYYYYYY!!!!

Out of all the movies you choose NOT to do it had to be this one. It HAD to be this one. I could have gone without the past XMEN movie waves if it had meant we got Deadpool. Seriously. and it is frustrating that we didn't get him, but we have have gotten mates of movies/shows not even completely relevant anymore, like The Munsters, Kill Bill, Pulp Fiction, EVEN F*CKING LOST IN SPACE. But no, go ahead and skip this movie. Its fine I don't even care, its like the rest of the people on this thread have been saying: He looks so much like the comic version, a movie one would be pointless. And I completely agree its like we are getting Deadpool's every wave.

attachicon.gif Screen Shot 2015-08-10 at 10.08.55 PM.png

I mean slow down DST! A guy can only handle so much! Seriously I am being smothered by how much Deadpool you have been cranking out lately.

attachicon.gif Screen Shot 2015-08-10 at 10.08.55 PM.png

/End Rant

/End DST FAITH

deadpool.gif

I just edited the post so refresh the page

;'(

i did a bad?

Are you talking to yourself? Someone get this kid a Deadpool.

I QUIT.

WHY?!

WHHHHYYYYYYY!!!!

....but we have have gotten mates of movies/shows not even completely relevant anymore, like [...], Kill Bill, Pulp Fiction....

/End Rant

/End DST FAITH

deadpool.gif

i did a bad?

....Well, at least I'm not the one with the most incoherent rambling around here anymore, so I've got that going for me....Which is nice....Kinda....

Edited by Kostisfire

...Because the one thing this line needs is more Deadpool! We have 90s 'Pool, FA 'Pool, Modern 'Pool, BarakaPool, X-Pool but we need more dangit!...

I can't tell if you are sarcastic right now or not.
He's being serious. We've gotten plenty of Deadpool for now. Why waste a wave on a character that has the most comic accurate look ever and a couple other characters with boring costumes? Edited by CBMM1

...Because the one thing this line needs is more Deadpool! We have 90s 'Pool, FA 'Pool, Modern 'Pool, BarakaPool, X-Pool but we need more dangit!...

I can't tell if you are sarcastic right now or not.
He's being serious. We've gotten plenty of Deadpool for now. Why waste a wave on a character that has the most comic accurate look ever and a couple other characters with boring costumes?
^ Right on...

Well...to be fair to DST and Chuck, we (the MMMV) do seem to complain non-stop about not getting classic 616 characters that we (the MMMV) want, and now when they announce that they aren't pursuing a license for a non-MCU property, we (the MMMV) complain about that as well.

Maybe they aren't pursuing the Deadpool license because

A.) The most recent non-MCU wave of DOFP movie 'mates under performed to Chuck's expectations.

B.) DST feels the movie Minimate well is already overflowing with dedicated waves. Remember, Civil War will most likely get more than one wave, maybe a supporting boxset too. Dr. Strange is next year too.

C.) They didn't see enough appeal in an R-rated Superhero movie to spend money on a license that may or may not be carried in Toys R Us due to the content.

Edited by youbastards

It'll make more sense if they skip the horrendous X-Men movie coming up too, otherwise it's going to look like a really bad move on DST's part. I'm sure just about everyone thinks Deadpool will be the MUCH better movie of the 2.

I QUIT.

Really!? ok we'll hold you to that.

Bye Bye

Not really. I just got upset and needed to vent. I just thought this could be DST opportunity to make a perfect Deadpool for those not able to get the w28 version.

I strongly apologize for what I have been saying. Just really not happy.

I do think The Deadpool movie will actually be a big hit because of its rating but that a also a negative point when it comes to toys etc as I see it in mainstream stores.

I'm kinda 50/50 if I would like minimates of this movie. As said before the costume is nearly comic perfect so it would do for anyone that hasn't somehow got a Deadpool yet. Colossus fits into this bit as well. Not seen anyone else that stands out for me from the trailers so cant say who would round it out.