• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I've never been a fan of Deadpool.

I think I'm a fan of Deadpool now.

As for 'mates, a movie assortment would seem redundant. Deadpool looks like he popped right off the page. Colossus looks like Colossus. I can see DST wanting to offer a 4-pack (or two or three) but I think I'd be as satisfied with a comic-based tie-in... except for the fact that we've gotten so many Deadpool Minimates already.

But, wow. I'm looking forward to this flick.

Deadpool looks so close to his comic version, I think a movie version would be hard to tell apart from the others, but considering how popular the character is, and how popular I suspect the movie will be, I think a box set would make sense, if nothing else.

When I see Colossus in comics next to the Hulk, I don't feel like he needs to be bulked up. But when I see the minimate, I feel like he does. I'm torn.

That's exactly how I feel. He Def needs a bulked up chest and the way they did it looks like he's wearing a shirt that's way too big or something. His legs are just tiny hanging out from it. The belt should have been it's own piece and the chest sculpted a bit different

But I feel like the Minimate Def needs bulked up arms and legs

If we got a comic tie-in wave, I wouldn't mind getting this line-up:

Taskmaster/Typhoid Mary

Copycat/Weapon X Deadpool

Domino/Cable

Black Tom/Siryn

Stop trying to sweet talk me.
Well, I-No, no, I'm not going down that path again. No, no, this is not becoming another 62!

Aaaaanyway, such a wave is unlikely, but personally I'd be content with a "greatest hits" 4-pack:

UDON Taskmaster

Weapon X Deadpool

Modern Domino

Modern Cable

3 nice updates/upgrades and a cool new DP outfit.

Edited by Kostisfire

I think the very first Colossus that was made in the Giant Size box set is the best in terms of scale.

I think an updated version of that same design would be perfect. Using a full chest piece just makes him look fat.

something like the Iron Patriot piece might do the trick? A chest-bulking cap that leaves the waist at it's original size...

Man do I hope we finally get a Colossus worth displaying. He looks awesome in this movie. Did I mention he's also my favorite member of the X-Men. I have been disappointed by every single one we've gotten. Like others have said, he's a tough one to do because he's not the hulk, but looks too puny when done with the regular body. I think this is a case where the 2.5 inch body would be perfect to use.His arms/legs/torso/hands/feet/ need to be a little thicker, but not totally bulked up.

Short story time. My very first minimate was Mr.T, which my buddy eagle gave me (who the eff is eagle?) When i went looking online I found some more of these minimates on ebay, and thought colossus would look perfect next to my lego minifigures ( which i had just begun customizing) He was my second minimate, but the first one i ever bought, and at the time was the only one i ever really planned on getting (i know, right, lol), since i was a lego guy all the way. But...the more minimates i got, the less it felt like he fit in (along with the first hulk minimates) and have been waiting patiently all these years for one that looks like he should. I've pieced together one using various bulked up parts (thanks Maestro arms!) and I'm ok with that for now, but I still want an official version that I can be happy with.