UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Deadpool Movie Mates

Gmonkey2k

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't know... right now, we have every reason to BELIEVE it will be phenomenal. Reynolds is a better actor than he should be and perfect for the role. Plus, he LOVES the character. The comic accurate costume also goes miles towards my faith in the film.

It's standard operating procedure on the internet to hate on everything, especially movies we know very little about and haven't even seen a frame of footage from yet.

For right now, it's a proven, scientific fact that this movie will literally suck donkey balls. That's not an opinion, it's fanboy policy which is just as good as fact.

Reynolds destroyed Blade. He already ruined Deadpool once. Then he aborted the Green Lantern franchise. He's toxic. There's just no way that he can recover from such a comic book movie losing streak.

In Reynolds' defense, he can hardly be held solely responsible for any of those things. Green Lantern had (and I say this as someone who actually didn't hate the movie) a lot of other problems completely unrelated to Reynolds in the lead. He also didn't actually play the version of Deadpool that ruined the character. And Wesley Snipes' insane behavior on the set of Blade Trinity is no secret. If anything, I'd say that Reynolds has a bad habit of signing onto half-formed projects that end up never becoming fully formed.

The fact that the Deadpool costume is so faithful is a step in the right direction. But, the movie is still being made by Fox, and they seem to operate on the "one step forward, two steps back" principle when it comes to their Marvel stuff. So, Deadpool could go either way.

It's standard operating procedure on the internet to hate on everything, especially movies we know very little about and haven't even seen a frame of footage from yet.

For right now, it's a proven, scientific fact that this movie will literally suck donkey balls. That's not an opinion, it's fanboy policy which is just as good as fact.

Reynolds destroyed Blade. He already ruined Deadpool once. Then he aborted the Green Lantern franchise. He's toxic. There's just no way that he can recover from such a comic book movie losing streak.

Exactly. I'm already preparing to buy tickets so that I can burn them.

Seriously though, I am extremely optimistic about this one. He's perfect for the part, and thankfully it looks like they're keeping the part perfect for him. The additional cast members are great. The costume looks like it may be one of the most faithful adaptations we've seen.

The costume actually made me a little more worried about this movie; it seems like they're trying too hard to appeal to fanboys. But my main issue is I don't think Fox is capable of making a comic movie that isn't mediocre.

I love how fast "I don't want minimates from this movie" turns into "no one should get minimates from this movie."

Edited by stack32

Do we know yet if there are going to be any other significant characters in it?

I'll buy it either way, completionist that I am, but if it came with a quasi-comic accurate version of say... Outlaw or an UDON style Taskmaster, I'd be all over it.

I kinda doubt those characters are in the movie (especially since Taskmaster likely isn't even covered by fox's X-Men license) but I can dream.

If it's Deadpool, Wolverine and 2 generic soldiers... it would be very lackluster.

I wouldn't mind a movie Deadpool mate (even if the costume is very similar, I'd still know! lol...) but like so many, I hate the movie waves that are like... 60-75% Civilians and Army Builders. They're such a snore-fest.

So yeah, summing up, my opinions of a Deadpool movie boxset would vary greatly by who's actually going to be IN the Deadpool movie.

Deadpool+thread+give+it+the+best+you+ve+

If it's anything like Kingsman, then I'm psyched as hell for this. As for other characters, a couple of Morlocks, Weasel (I think) and Copycat have been confirmed thus far. Colossus and Blind Al were rumoured as well. Honestly, I want to see Domino and Siryn...

I'm not the hugest Deadpool fan but admittedly I am quite looking forward to this movie, especially after that video with Slater yesterday.

I think DST would be silly not to have some product for this, honestly I'd be shocked if this didn't at least get a box set.

My guess now would be a 4-pack:

Deadpool,

Whoever the villain is,

Morena Baccarin's character (domino?),

Either Weasel or an out of costume Wade (I'm surprised we haven't got a wade in his underwear 'mate yet)