UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Attack on Titan film footage

Trekker 42

I was a bit of an anime buff a while back but I have heard about AoT's popularity. It's no wonder the Japanese decided to make this their own movie after the stupid Dragon Ball: Evolution flick, Shaymalan's even more idiotic Avatar adaption and the financial flop that was Edge of Tomorrow. Hopefully Japan has had enough of Hollywood for a while...

Edited by MiniMage

I was a bit of an anime buff a while back but I have heard about AoT's popularity. It's no wonder the Japanese decided to make this their own movie after the stupid Dragon Ball: Evolution flick, Shaymalan's even more idiotic Avatar adaption and the financial flop that was Edge of Tomorrow. Hopefully Japan has had enough of Hollywood for a while...

Avatar the Last Airbender is actually an American made show but your point remains valid

the film looks decent, I honestly wish they had gotten European actors as the shows characters are mainly German

Edge of Tomorrow was a really good movie. I don't think they marketed it very well, as I had no interest until I caught it on Blu Ray. Funny, I was rewatching Jack Reacher last night. Tom Cruise gets a lot of hate, but he's been in some of the best action movies made over the last few years IMO.

Edited by karamazov80

I'm totally okay with them grabbing Asian actors in an Asian production though.
Yeah we Americans are not to be trusted after Dragonball Evolution. I mean really, how the hell do you screw up Dragonball!? HOW!?

Compare that with the Japanese made live action Death Note film. It's not 100% faithful to the story, but it takes the central conflict (L vs Light), excises some of the stuff that wouldn't work on film (The corporation with the Death Note) and expands it to a pair of incredibly well acted and fairly tense films.

We got badly CG'd monkey and Justin Chatwin.

... God dammit Nappa.

Edge of Tomorrow was poorly marketed but got good word of mouth, just not enough to do it justice at the box office.

My biggest problem with The Last Airbender was the casting of Uncle Iroh. That guy was just waaay off the mark. I thought the rest was fine and didn't get all the hooplah about this needing to have Asians in lead roles when the characters from the cartoon were clearly not Asian. (That and the mispronunciation of "Aang." WTF, Shyamalan?) Stay away from Korra.

Attack on Titan is a little disappointing if only because I was expecting to see guys in rubber suits. This looks like a Hollywood production so I'm on the fence.

Yeah, I'm not familiar at all with the source material, but you see some meteors attacking buildings, some giant humanoid creature destroying things and trying to eat a guy, and a lot of people running around. That wouldn't excite me too greatly if I saw a commercial for it during a football game or whatever.

• 2 weeks later...