UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 64: Crouching Minimate, Secret Wars...

Zexion_Armando

Let's see. We know that:

20 is animated Spider-Man, three 2-packs: Spidey/Fury, Nova/Carnage, Stealth/Sandman

Walgreens: Assemble 2-pack (Unknown), GotG (Star-Lord/Groot), two USM 2-packs (one unknown, the other is Agent Venom/2099)

64: Ultron/Arno, Logan/Maestro, Carol/Thor, Howard/Dazzler

21: Iron Spidey/Gwen, Ultron/Arno, Logan/Maestro

Which leaves us with 65, which is probably comic related, correct? I'm betting that that's Secret Wars themed as well.

Now, don't get me wrong, I LOVE Carol, Howard, Arno and Gwen, and all the others look great (yes, even Dazzler) but I'd have preffered less re-dos like Ultron, Logan and the Maestro.

PS: Zach, please tell me that 65 has MK in it. That's all I need. Heck, just somebody just tell me that he's planned. Please......

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

is the dazzler pack a nod to marvel zombies vs army of darkness?

No.

Thank you for these lineups Zach, now please ease our minds with the lineups for walgreens 2 packs, as well as the new Godzilla and Mass Effect sets.

What's to ease? Are you ill at ease? Ease up. Walgreen's breakdown is in the animated thread. No new Godzilla or Mass Effect shown. One is hypothetical, the other still in the planning stage.

Let's see. We know that:

20 is animated Spider-Man, three 2-packs: Spidey/Fury, Nova/Carnage, Stealth/Sandman

Walgreens: Assemble 2-pack (Unknown), GotG (Star-Lord/Groot), two USM 2-packs (one unknown, the other is Agent Venom/2099)

Which leaves us with 65, which is probably comic related, correct? I'm betting that that's Secret Wars themed as well.

Now, don't get me wrong, I LOVE Carol, Howard, Arno and Gwen, and all the others look great (yes, even Dazzler) but I'd have preffered less re-dos like Ultron, Logan and the Maestro.

PS: Zach, please tell me that 65 has MK in it. That's all I need. Heck, just somebody just tell me that he's planned. Please......

Kostis, I think you need an intervention. I enjoyed the heck out of the Moon Knight trade I just read, but your constant fixation on Moon Knight is a little scary. I'm sure we'll revisit him some day, but 65 is not another Secret Wars wave that I am aware of, nor does it have Moon Knight in it. I did not show it or discuss it.

Walgreen's will have Cap/Hulk, Starlord/Groot./Rocket, 2099/Iron Spidey and Spidey/Electro.

And there will always be re-dos. Even if they are different looks, we will always make Wolverine, Hulk, Spidey, etc.

If we only made characters we had never made before, it would not work out well for any of us.

No.

>Thank you for these lineups Zach, now please ease our minds with the lineups for walgreens 2 packs, as well as the new Godzilla and Mass Effect sets.

What's to ease? Are you ill at ease? Ease up. Walgreen's breakdown is in the animated thread. No new Godzilla or Mass Effect shown. One is hypothetical, the other still in the planning stage.

Let's see. We know that:

Kostis, I think you need an intervention. I enjoyed the heck out of the Moon Knight trade I just read, but your constant fixation on Moon Knight is a little scary. I'm sure we'll revisit him some day, but 65 is not another Secret Wars wave that I am aware of, nor does it have Moon Knight in it. I did not show it or discuss it.

Walgreen's will have Cap/Hulk, Starlord/Groot./Rocket, 2099/Iron Spidey and Spidey/Electro.

And there will always be re-dos. Even if they are different looks, we will always make Wolverine, Hulk, Spidey, etc.

If we only made characters we had never made before, it would not work out well for any of us.

wait so is it just iron spidey instead of agent venom because now im just confused

Sorry, I meant Agent Venom. I was thinking of TRU 21.

Well nuts. I had heard someone state mass effect is being worked on but they weren't sure of the format, which leaves my Godzilla as the hypothetical...

I just don't have words.

Is this new information? That we have no concrete plans for a third Godzilla set? Chuck said we were considering it in Ask DST. I said that Chuck said that here. Nothing has changed in the past month.

Sorry, I meant Agent Venom. I was thinking of TRU 21.

Well nuts. I had heard someone state mass effect is being worked on but they weren't sure of the format, which leaves my Godzilla as the hypothetical...

I just don't have words.

Is this new information? That we have no concrete plans for a third Godzilla set? Chuck said we were considering it in Ask DST. I said that Chuck said that here. Nothing has changed in the past month.

while ive gotta say i like the design of ultimate spiderman, im happy about the new fury since i missed out on all the movie ones, and 2099 is cool, i feel its a bit of a missed oprotunity to update coulson ( or finally give us our long desired stan lee minimate)

No.

>>>Thank you for these lineups Zach, now please ease our minds with the lineups for walgreens 2 packs, as well as the new Godzilla and Mass Effect sets.

Let's see. We know that:

I know, I know. Hey, everyone has one fig/wave that gets ALWAYS brought up. Mainly it's X-Factor but yeah, I get it. I don't really have a problem with re-dos, I actually prefer the new costumes to the old ones, so this wave is pretty much for people like me. It's just that we haven't gotten a new Black Panther, or Namor, yet we're getting another Dazzler. If she was a big name, I'd get it, but since she's a C lister, I'd have preffered maybe a new Ghost Rider. We really need a new one as well.

As for MK, I know it's gotten tiresome, and quite frankly annoying. I get it. But It's the one redesign I've wanted since ANNOW! launched, so I find it unfair that Dazzler gets yet another costume while he, who needs an update, doesn't. It's not so much this specific character, as much as it's Dazzler getting another look so quickly. Had it been Machine Man, it'd have been a whole other story.

Look, this was one of the best cons minimate wise. 2099, Gwen, Carol and Arno were in my top 10 so I'm eagerly awaiting. Howard and NuThor are welcome as well, and since out last Ultron was pretty "unique" I dont mind this one. Maestro looks great, so even though I have no interest in OML, I'll still get the pack. The only one that I don't want there is Dazzler, because she's neither a big star, nor is a new character or needs an update.

Thanks for the info though, I really appreciate it, since I can not just kitbash him. I just wanted confirmation that he isn't in the cards so that I could make my one. It's a black body, plus the Onslaught head, plus a repainted Hobgoblin hood and a cape.

Sad to hear that 65 isn't SW themed though. Oh well, I just hope we get the Bondage-Men as the SDCC 4-Pack.

PS: When will these be solicitated so that we can see that 2099?

Edited by Kostisfire

Sorry the wave is only 90% awesome.

That's still remarkably solid, I didn't mean that to sound like I was taking a shot or anything, just that they seem less exciting compared to the others, because they're so close to the first versions.

Edited by Valo487

We are not making Moon Knight or Black Panther this year, so go to town with customs.

Here's a Moon Knight recipe for you. White Tiger head, White Tiger 2 hands, Mr. Negative body with painted torso and collar.

NooKnight.jpg

As far as Dazzler goes, Dazzler is a member of the new A-Force, in her original costume, which is highly requested and which we have never made. The one very different Dazzler figure we made was in Series 47, and that was a few years ago. She is a long-standing member of the X-Men, during one of their most popular runs, and recently served as an Agent of SHIELD. She was also in a video game, and is pretty popular. I think she deserved a new Minimate.

While a popular movie star, I do not know where Ghost Rider is right now, or if he is part of Secret Wars. Or his current gender. And he just got his fourth (or fifth) Minimate in Series 50, all of which look pretty much alike. (Do not ask me who his host was in that incarnation, I honestly cannot keep track.)

Namor has had three MInimates, representing all of his looks except ponytail-with-business-suit. I'm sure we'll revisit him someday.

2099 will not be solicited to retailers. He is a Walgreen's exclusive. When we have pics, we'll walk to Walgreen's about when we'll show them -- I imagine we'll probably promote them before September 4, but I am not sure right now.

so is TRU 21 just three packs then?

Yes, that should be more or less standard going forward for TRU, on everythign but TMNT.

Edited by DSTZach

No.

>>>>Thank you for these lineups Zach, now please ease our minds with the lineups for walgreens 2 packs, as well as the new Godzilla and Mass Effect sets.

lockquote>

>Let's see. We know that:

I know, I know. Hey, everyone has one fig/wave that gets ALWAYS brought up. Mainly it's X-Factor but yeah, I get it. I don't really have a problem with re-dos, I actually prefer the new costumes to the old ones, so this wave is pretty much for people like me. It's just that we haven't gotten a new Black Panther, or Namor, yet we're getting another Dazzler. If she was a big name, I'd get it, but since she's a C lister, I'd have preffered maybe a new Ghost Rider. We really need a new one as well.

As for MK, I know it's gotten tiresome, and quite frankly annoying. I get it. But It's the one redesign I've wanted since ANNOW! launched, so I find it unfair that Dazzler gets yet another costume while he, who needs an update, doesn't. It's not so much this specific character, as much as it's Dazzler getting another look so quickly. Had it been Machine Man, it'd have been a whole other story.

Look, this was one of the best cons minimate wise. 2099, Gwen, Carol and Arno were in my top 10 so I'm eagerly awaiting. Howard and NuThor are welcome as well, and since out last Ultron was pretty "unique" I dont mind this one. Maestro looks great, so even though I have no interest in OML, I'll still get the pack. The only one that I don't want there is Dazzler, because she's neither a big star, nor is a new character or needs an update.

Thanks for the info though, I really appreciate it, since I can not just kitbash him. I just wanted confirmation that he isn't in the cards so that I could make my one. It's a black body, plus the Onslaught head, plus a repainted Hobgoblin hood and a cape.

Sad to hear that 65 isn't SW themed though. Oh well, I just hope we get the Bondage-Men as the SDCC 4-Pack.

PS: When will these be solicitated so that we can see that 2099?

We are not making Moon Knight or Black Panther this year, so go to town with customs.

Here's a Moon Knight recipe for you. White Tiger head, White Tiger 2 hands, Mr. Negative body with painted torso and collar.

NooKnight.jpg

As far as Dazzler goes, Dazzler is a member of the new A-Force, in her original costume, which is highly requested and which we have never made. The one very different Dazzler figure we made was in Series 47, and that was a few years ago. She is a long-standing member of the X-Men, during one of their most popular runs, and recently served as an Agent of SHIELD. She was also in a video game, and is pretty popular. I think she deserved a new Minimate.

While a popular movie star, I do not know where Ghost Rider is right now, or if he is part of Secret Wars. Or his current gender. And he just got his fourth (or fifth) Minimate in Series 50, all of which look pretty much alike. (Do not ask me who his host was in that incarnation, I honestly cannot keep track.)

Namor has had three MInimates, representing all of his looks except ponytail-with-business-suit. I'm sure we'll revisit him someday.

2099 will not be solicited to retailers. He is a Walgreen's exclusive. When we have pics, we'll walk to Walgreen's about when we'll show them -- I imagine we'll probably promote them before September 4, but I am not sure right now.

so is TRU 21 just three packs then?

Yes, that should be more or less standard going forward for TRU, on everythign but TMNT.

I tried making that MK, but I overdid it with the shading and he uh,...turned out not that good. I already have Moon Knight, Black Panther and all Namors, though I modded them in order to make them seem more in line with the newer stuff. It's just that they could use an update.

50 Ghost Rider was Ketch infused with Zadkiel's power. It's still one of my favourite mates and I've built a perfect Johnny GR from spare parts so I'm not really in need of a new Rider. It's just that I'd have preffered him to Dazzler.

As for Dazzler, I'm happy for the ones that want her. Heck, she's a great minimate, I just think that there were other characters more deserving of that spot.

Dang, looks like it'll be a while until we see Miguel. Oh well, at least I'll have him in-hand when September rolls around.

Well, at least I hope that we get the Bondage-Men sooner or later. A SDCC or NYCC 4-pack with Magik (School Bus), X-Clops, Emma and Mags would sell like hotcakes.

Calling them Bondage-Men repeatedly is not going to move them up anybody's list.

Truth be told, I just like the name. Plus, everyone calls them that in most comic forums. And besides, who doesn't want a scandily clad demonic teenager in their shelf? When you say it out loud you realize that comics are beyond f@cked up....

Fact is, they'd make for an ideal box-set down the line. Maybe next year, alongside Apocalypse.

Wow! What a surprise! I just pop on here to the multiverse and Its like christmas day! I must have missed something between yesterday and today.... Whats the deal with walgreens? Are they gonna start carrying minimates now? When did this happen and when do they come out? IS this gonna be a forever thing now with walgreens? Are the minimates goin to walgreens new versions or re-do? And is tru series 20 for sure Animated Spiderman?

While not perfect for my tastes this is one of the best waves in quite some time. Disco dazzler is actually the one xmen character high on my wishlist so I for one am delighted she's in there. It's almost like a new character since that look is totally different to her other release. Nice to see some service given to classic fans, and also good to see the female thor. Definitely an improvement on recent waves for me!

I'm actually pretty pleased by this line-up. Howard's new (and awesome), Carol's long overdue, Thor, Dazzler, IM 2020, Iron Spider, and Spider-Gwen are sufficiently cool, and I'll pretty much never say no to another Ultron. Only set I don't see myself getting is Maestro and Logan.

What makes a figure highly requested? I'm curious how DST actually measures that sort of thing, because the criteria seems to be "a member of the X-Men that was asked for by more than one person."

I take it Ultron is from Rage of Ultron?

This looks to me like a wave full of characters that would be worth buying if they were packed with other really interesting minimates, but by themselves? I guess we'll see, but unless the production numbers are lower than normal I think most of these are going to end up at clearance prices.

This wave.... is... it's just....

mBlu9U4.gif

So awesome to see the Girl Power in this wave. Way to knock it out of the park DST. While i'm not thrilled about some of the re-releases, at least they're packed together. If you don't want another Old Man Logan & Maestro... then just skip that pack.

And that Disco Dazzler highfive2.gif