UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 64: Crouching Minimate, Secret Wars...

Zexion_Armando

Please, no more....

I sympathize with people who are missing parts of their collection, but if we keep remaking ones that aren't new anymore, we'll never get anything new.

What he said .

I second third this.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wasn't it revealed recently that part of the marvel contract says that comic mates have to tie in with movie mates to prevent market confusion or something? I've been under the impression that we've had all these ultrons this year because we have to.

Edited by arnim zola

Wasn't it revealed recently that part of the marvel contract says that comic mates have to tie in with movie mates to prevent market confusion or something? I've been under the impression that we've had all these ultrons this year because we have to.

Thought it was the opposite. Hence why no comic GOTG last year.

Yes, generally Marvel will push the movie version of the property in a movie year "to avoid brand confusion" and promote the film.

Unless, of course, the Marvel film in question is being produced by Fox, in which case they'll allow licensees to offer comic-based versions (IE - Days of Future Past) as tie-ins, creating potential "brand confusion" and profiting directly from Fox's marketing campaign.

devil.gif

Stack, you can say they're different lines, but they are still Ultron. Drones or Prime or bulked-up, doesn't matter it's overkill. If it makes you happy I'll put this here (all of this is my opinion)

As someone who has very few holes in his collection, I feel if a character hasnt been made in 5 or more years, they are fair game, Old Man Logan doesnt really fit that bill because we have seen plenty of Wolverines, but for me its a special case because he will be joining the main X-men team at the end of Secret Wars so Im happy to get another to add to that line up

I figure any character is fair game as DST has the absolute prerogative to make what they want. However, there are plenty of characters that we don't have at all and thus have zero opportunity to own, so I'd much rather see new characters in lcs waves (the only place Zach has said we are likely to get them) than ones we already have, irrespective of whether they were made 5 years ago or even 11 years ago - at least they are out there and can be tracked down, albeit sometimes for a price.

Yeah - i'm mostly in the ;new characters camp'. However, i can be swayed in the case of significant alternate looks for already existing characters.
For example, if DST ever found a reason to make a Second Coming era Rogue, i'd be on board. Probably not so much if they went with her hot pink Shi'ar space adventure costume.

Ah - who am i kidding. I'd totally buy both!

True, unmade characters are more likely to debut at LCS, because they're theoretically more obscure and therefore a harder sell, but there might be unmade characters who suddenly rise to prominence, or new characters who get a really big push, or even themed waves that allow us to finally work in some of the big names we missed.

Spider Gwen may not count as new (Gwen Stacy X Spider-Man), but she'll be at TRU.

True, unmade characters are more likely to debut at LCS, because they're theoretically more obscure and therefore a harder sell, but there might be unmade characters who suddenly rise to prominence, or new characters who get a really big push, or even themed waves that allow us to finally work in some of the big names we missed.

Spider Gwen may not count as new (Gwen Stacy X Spider-Man), but she'll be at TRU.

I'm more team new character as well but every now and then an outfit demands a redo. Look at Capt. Carol! Also, just tell me what I have to do to get my Crystal and Medusa Inhumans and I"m set.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm more team new character as well but every now and then an outfit demands a redo. Look at Capt. Carol! Also, just tell me what I have to do to get my Crystal and Medusa Inhumans and I"m set.

considering the push that Marvel has implimented on the Inhumans, i'm really surprised that we haven't seen more of the characters if even just a new Black Bolt. hopefully now that there are two books with the word INHUMAN in them, not to mention the Kornak solo, we'll start to see a few of these characters pop up. i'd be bummed if they waited until the movie was released, and then only did movie versions like the did with GOTG.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

Because 4-4-2-2 is better than 4-4-3-1? Which would be the alternative as I cannot see DST doing all God cases. And girls are icky! :lol: