UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 64: Crouching Minimate, Secret Wars...

Zexion_Armando

Man, this place had a strict dress code. Big hat, no coat, no service. smile.png

The toy hat size is a comic accuracy issue. The toy hat presence is a licensor requirement. Toy hat policy may differ from specialty market comic book hat policy.

Hope everyone is happy they're getting a Howard the Duck, regardless of hat size or jacket presence. This is only the third Howard toy I know of, and it is I believe the most articulated one. It may also be the most movie-accurate!

I wouldn't trump being movie accurate if I were you. laugh.png

Let's see, there was the Marvel Legends pack-in figure, the Funko Pop... yeah, I can't think of any others myself. Definitely the most articulated.

I agree with everything you said here by the way.

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So are theses speciality release or toysrus?

>Sorry the wave is only 90% awesome.

Iron Spidey/Spider-Gwen is TRU 21 exclusive.

Howard/Dazzler and Carol/Thor are specialty 64 only.

Ultron/Arno and Logan/Maestro are shared.

From the man himself.

Good Lord......that Spider-Gwen and Iron spider 2pack will be a headache to get.

By the way, I mentioned this in the Ant-Man thread, but it looks like the upcoming Hank Pym figure has a suit jacket that will match Howard pretty well. His arms might be too long, though, but you can always repaint these ones brown.

I would have loved a bearded Reed Richards vs. The Maker 2 pack.

This. Too bad that's a double negative, two versions of a Fanatastic Four member? Yeah, Marvel wants none of that.

Shame we couldn't have gotten a God Doom, his costume resembles his Future Foundation look. Him packed with...I dunno Sheriff Strange, Valeria or a Black Swan? Seriously, Secret Wars deserves a second wave, there are just so many possibilities! The Cabal, Doom's Court, and the more unique members of the Thor Corps would be awesome in Minimate form!

Also, when are the LCS and TRU versions of the waves coming out?

I would have loved a bearded Reed Richards vs. The Maker 2 pack.

This. Too bad that's a double negative, two versions of a Fanatastic Four member? Yeah, Marvel wants none of that.

Shame we couldn't have gotten a God Doom, his costume resembles his Future Foundation look. Him packed with...I dunno Sheriff Strange, Valeria or a Black Swan? Seriously, Secret Wars deserves a second wave, there are just so many possibilities! The Cabal, Doom's Court, and the more unique members of the Thor Corps would be awesome in Minimate form!

Also, when are the LCS and TRU versions of the waves coming out?

This. 1000 times this. 64 is a good wave, but it's in no way a Secret Wars wave. It's a mix of classic and modern Marvel characters that could easily sell some packs, and while I still like it and really look forward to a couple of them, the fact that we're getting a "Secret Wars" wave with no members of Hickman's saga is, well, kind of a bummer. To be honest, I'm not really expecting any characters from SW either way. That's why I've already made my own Cabal, Cull Obsidian, Maker, Swan, etc, etc (now I only need to paint them....sigh....).

I'm happy that I'm finally getting a Captain Carol and NuThor, but I can't help but feel that they'd be better suited for an All-New Marvel NOW! Wave, with other characters such as Loki, UnWorthy Thor, Moooooooon Kniiiiiiiight, Ghost Rider, Spider-Man 2099, etc, etc. Yeah, sure, you can say that Old Man Logan and Maestro appear in tie-ins, but why Dazzler, HankTron, Howard and 2020? Dazzler hasn't spoken one line in A-Force, Howard has appeared only in a back-up 10 page story with Disco Blade during SW, 2020 is nowhere and HankTron is a character "created" post Secret Wars.

It seems too me like this wave is a case of "having the pie full and the dog well fed". Brand it as Secret Wars by having characters that somewhat appear in there, while in reality it's a mix of new and old costumes and characters that could potentially sell well. I'm not faulting anyone, DST is a company and wants to make money, not charity, but if this is all we'll get from Secret Wars, I'll be dissapointed.

Howard has an ongoing right now, Dazzler is a major character in Uncanny and in A-Force post SW, Old Man Logan is part of a team and has his own Solo post SW, 2020 is ... an Iron Man, which always sells for some stupid reason.

They sort of make sense, and of course Marvel's insistence of making sure the boring X-men get pushed

Howard has an ongoing right now, Dazzler is a major character in Uncanny and in A-Force post SW, Old Man Logan is part of a team and has his own Solo post SW, 2020 is ... an Iron Man, which always sells for some stupid reason.

They sort of make sense, and of course Marvel's insistence of making sure the boring X-men get pushed

Yeah, but they're not Secret Wars characters, that's what I'm saying. We should've gotten Maker, some Cabal members, etc, etc. All of these characters are extremely welcome, but I think this should have been an "All-New" Wave, with SW getting another one with the major characters of the storyline.

I am unclear as to your definition of "Secret Wars characters."

they are all in books branded "Secret Wars"......

Well, not really. Let me put it like this:

You have the main Secret Wars book, where the major characters are The Cabal, Doom and The Illuminati. So, since this is "the" SW book, these are the major characters of the story. For example, everyone had a tie-in during Dark Reign, but Osborn's Avdngers were the main characters.

Then you have the Secret Wars "tie-in" books, like A-Force, Future Imperfect, Old Man Logan, etc. Dazzler, Carol and NuThor being from A-Force, OML from well, OML and Maestro from FI.

Lastly, you have a couple of ongoing books like Howard who do not take place during SW, but in the 616. Meaning that they're just "regular" books and not SW related.

All I'm saying is, that if these figs are all we'll get from an event such as Secret Wars, I'll be kinda dissapoi red in the character selection. I mean, you have so many major players and you go for the "supporting characters" (Carol and NuThor were on the raft but they're not "big" players). Either way I'm still excited, I'd just like to see some strictly SW characters in a SW wave. Different stroke for different folks...

Are they a big part of the main book? I assume that's what he meant.

^ This. Hellpop gets it again. Edited by Kostisfire

I am unclear as to your definition of "Secret Wars characters."

they are all in books branded "Secret Wars"......

Well, not really. Let me put it like this:

You have the main Secret Wars book, where the major characters are The Cabal, Doom and The Illuminati. So, since this is "the" SW book, these are the major characters of the story. For example, everyone had a tie-in during Dark Reign, but Osborn's Avdngers were the main characters.

Then you have the Secret Wars "tie-in" books, like A-Force, Future Imperfect, Old Man Logan, etc. Dazzler, Carol and NuThor being from A-Force, OML from well, OML and Maestro from FI.

Lastly, you have a couple of ongoing books like Howard who do not take place during SW, but in the 616. Meaning that they're just "regular" books and not SW related.

All I'm saying is, that if these figs are all we'll get from an event such as Secret Wars, I'll be kinda dissapoi red in the character selection. I mean, you have so many major players and you go for the "supporting characters" (Carol and NuThor were on the raft but they're not "big" players). Either way I'm still excited, I'd just like to see some strictly SW characters in a SW wave. Different stroke for different folks...

>

Are they a big part of the main book? I assume that's what he meant.

^ This. Hellpop gets it again.

This. As a person who's only reading the core book (flat-out broke) only, I expected a Secret Wars wave to have people from the Secret Wars book. Let's see, Maestro was a member of Doom's Court and he had about two lines of dialogue. NuThor and Capt. Marvel were both survivors on the 616-raft. Besides them? Nothing. This is an excellent wave no doubt about that, all welcome additions to anyone's collection (I'm picking up the entire wave since I still don't have an Ultron) but it feels more like a detached Secret Wars wave, more Secret Wars-esqe than actually being a Secret Wars wave. Obviously some of the tie-ins to SW are more important than others but the character selection for this wave, albeit stellar, isn't what you'd expect.

Still though, what company other than DST, would be ballsy enough to think that Howard the Duck could carry a two-pack? And while other companies are announcing Spider-Gwen figures, DST is beating them to the punch since they already have one in the works!

I was thinking of using one of those black and white girls from Sin City to be Black Swan.

I could see that. With a bit of modding Nancy could turn out good. Personally, I've already made her, The Cull Obsidian and The (current) Cabal, since I don't think DST will ever get to doing them.

I was thinking of using one of those black and white girls from Sin City to be Black Swan.

I could see that. With a bit of modding Nancy could turn out good. Personally, I've already made her, The Cull Obsidian and The (current) Cabal, since I don't think DST will ever get to doing them.

Pics?

Pics?

I'd like to but I haven't finished them yet. I'm on vacation though, so I'm sure I'll have them up on my customs thread by the next week's end.