UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Wave 64: Crouching Minimate, Secret Wars...

Zexion_Armando

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hellpop gets it.

I'm not sure if you all know this but Howard has to wear pants ....like in "it's a legal requirement " . Disney insists that Marvel portrays him with pants otherwise Marvel gets sued by Disney ..............I'm wondering how that works these days ?

Good. I don't want my children exposed to this kind of smut:

qCqhA4P.jpg

I feel dirty just looking at it.

But why does he wrap a towel around his waist when he gets out of the shower?!?

So now we know who Female Thor, we now will get a comic version of

bald Jane Foster

thank you for the spoiler tag because technically the comic doesnt come out till Wednesday, so some people probably still dont know and are intending to wait to read it

So now we know who Female Thor, we now will get a comic version of

bald Jane Foster

thank you for the spoiler tag because technically the comic doesnt come out till Wednesday, so some people probably still dont know and are intending to wait to read it

Yeah, I didn't want to be a jerk about it, but I know a lot people know about her who don't read her comic.

• 2 weeks later...

Wave 64 & TRU 21 have over-lapping figures.

LCS gets:

Dazzle & Howard the Duck

Captain Marvel & Thor

TRU gets:

Iron Spider & Spider Gwen

Both stores get:

Iron Man 2020 & Ultron

Maestro & Old Man Logan

Edited by Nessex

I have a feeling it is going to be harder than normal to get the Spider-Gwen set. I'm going to have to hit TRU every day after work and hopefully I will get a set.

The good news is that she *should* be evenly packed with the other 2 TRU sets.... so hopefully she wont be too difficult to get a hold of.

I will say, and this isn't a criticism because I'm glad they're doing it, but the choice of Dazzler and Howard the Duck for a two pack in this wave renders a lot of the arguments against several characters not having the recognizability or the appeal to get made pretty much irrelevant.

I will say, and this isn't a criticism because I'm glad they're doing it, but the choice of Dazzler and Howard the Duck for a two pack in this wave renders a lot of the arguments against several characters not having the recognizability or the appeal to get made pretty much irrelevant.

How so?

Maybe. I mean, we've gotten a Dazzler minimate before and she's going to be in that A-Force book. Howard has a solo title right now and made a movie cameo (plus his own movie which we will never speak of), so everyone and their mother knows about him now.

Yeah, Dazzler's in a new Avengers title (which I believe sticks around past Secret Wars), and has been a main/supporting X-Men character (and Agent of SHIELD) for years. Solo title, video game appearance, etc.

Howard the Duck was just on the cover of 50 Marvel books in one month as part of the What the Duck? event. He also starred in his own movie, prior to appearing in last year's biggest movie an making everybody flip out.

I'm comfortable with their popularity, especially at specialty. Not sure they're equivalent to, say, Nighthawk and Tigra. And I love Tigra.

I am so... but so FREAKING happy we're getting Disco Dazzler! She's been on my wishlist since I read her both Essential volumes and now I can only dream of having a classic Rogue minimate... ;)

I'm referring to a lot of characters who have as much or more presence in multimedia, such as Toad and Abomination. And this is not a criticism, because I think EVERY character can be viable, but I've seen an updated Abomination shot down unless they bring him back in the movies, and Toad has been in limbo for about a decade now. Toad was in two movies, Abomination was in one that is in the MCU continuity, both have been in comics for decades and in video games, but I have seen Chuck use very questionable logic to shoot down characters in the past, so that's what I'm referring to. Again, I'm not criticizing, I think this is a GREAT thing, but you can make a case for any character's viability, and there are lots of characters who are equally viable to Dazzler and Howard or even more so, that's what I'm reacting to. And I know DST gets to choose who they produce, and that's completely their decision, but I do hope that people remember this two-pack when we're told that Abomination doesn't merit a bulked up version or that Toad isn't in the works because they lack "appeal." Eye of the beholder.

I'm referring to a lot of characters who have as much or more presence in multimedia, such as Toad and Abomination...Eye of the beholder.

Wasn't it mentioned that Howard and Dazzler were staff favorites? You can come up with a reason to make practically any character but I think DST sometimes decides to make the character and comes up with the reason later. As you said, it's not a problem, but it does seem pretty obvious at times.

Here's an idea for a 2-pack that somebody came up with ................. post-638-0-59576600-1433368781_thumb.jpg

No Ka-Zar ,no Sauron ,no Stegron ohmy.png ...........yet we have Shanna & some other character which apparently exists in the Savage Land .......or Timonium ,Maryland .

I can only hope that the reason is some BS licensing clause ..............

.................... or perhaps Zabu's claws biggrin.png