UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU 20

MiniMage

I think blind boxes.

Like bags... but in boxes.

So worse than blind bags :/

But it will only be half-blind. A two pack with Spider-Man and a Mystery Figure!

Will you get Iron Man with your Spider-Man? Or the super rare one-per-pallet gold Molten Man?

Going back to the olden days of Minimates!

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think blind boxes.

Like bags... but in boxes.

So worse than blind bags :/

But it will only be half-blind. A two pack with Spider-Man and a Mystery Figure!

Will you get Iron Man with your Spider-Man? Or the super rare one-per-pallet gold Molten Man?

Going back to the olden days of Minimates!

That doesn't answer my question....

When TRU first sold Minimates, they were in packs where you knew what all of the figures were -- except for ONE. There were both Spidey and Ultimate X-Men themed box sets.

Yeah, if its blind anything, I will drop Marvel minimates so fast, which is the only line I care about.

BAF or some weird way of packing them is okay

Surely not the entire line? Just the TRU exclusives? Remember this new way, whatever it is, is only affecting the 20th wave of TRU?

I trust DST and Zach, if he says it's exciting and cool, I'll believe that. Zach is a pretty honest guy and knows that whatever this reveal is will gain an "unsure" response from the fans.

Yeah, if its blind anything, I will drop Marvel minimates so fast, which is the only line I care about.

BAF or some weird way of packing them is okay

Surely not the entire line? Just the TRU exclusives? Remember this new way, whatever it is, is only affecting the 20th wave of TRU?

I trust DST and Zach, if he says it's exciting and cool, I'll believe that. Zach is a pretty honest guy and knows that whatever this reveal is will gain an "unsure" response from the fans.

The entire line. One piece of poison will sour the remaining good fruits....

Anyway, moving away from that dourness for now.

TRU 20 is not shared, and it's all new versions of existing characters,

but there are a couple alternate looks that I think people will be very

interested in. Very curious to see reactions to that one.

Series 20 is not blind-bagged. Two-packs. The difference is in content, not presentation.

One clarification -- it is a one-off change for 20, and not a sea change for TRU Minimates as I previously implied.

Series 21 will be more similar to 19, although it will be shared with comic shops.

Maybe C2E2, not sure.

And yes, 20 and 21 are three two-packs per. So three exclusive packs in 20, and one in 21.

Pretty sure BAF is not in our license.

My only concern is that a certain category of collector won't like the versions of the characters they're getting in 20, but I think they will have a large fan base overall. They're also mostly re-dos, but I think that's incidental here.

Edited by DSTZach

... not blind bags. Not BaF. Alternate looks. "A certain category of collector" won't like them. Mostly re-dos, but that won't be an issue.

What category could be out? Classic collectors? Completists shouldn't have any particular issues, right? So if it's classic collectors, these are more modern looks. But not NOW! seemingly. So... pre-now modern? And probably not X-related based on previous comments... OR could the category be "people who want whole teams/universes?" Could this be a Secret Wars tie-in with dimension one-offs?

Maybe C2E2, not sure.

And yes, 20 and 21 are three two-packs per. So three exclusive packs in 20, and one in 21.

Pretty sure BAF is not in our license.

My only concern is that a certain category of collector won't like the versions of the characters they're getting in 20, but I think they will have a large fan base overall. They're also mostly re-dos, but I think that's incidental here.

Somehow I can't help but take this personally. laugh.png

I'm going to take a stab and speculate that DST might be releasing new versions of the heavy hitters, but with alt parts to make their secret identities. I know they've included unmasked heads and hair pieces in the past, but we've never been able to make an "official" Steve Rogers or Don Blake with the parts provided. We longtime collectors might not like getting new versions of the same old figures, but these would probably be really popular with both kids and TRU.

Series 20 is not blind-bagged. Two-packs. The difference is in content, not presentation.

One clarification -- it is a one-off change for 20, and not a sea change for TRU Minimates as I previously implied.

Series 21 will be more similar to 19, although it will be shared with comic shops.

Sweet. As long as it's not blind bags, I'm happy.

Trying to think of a content change that could be pretty exciting, and I'm struggling. Vs packs are cool, but common. Same goes for alternate/secret identity looks. If this is coming while the AoU license is still active, I could almost see Cap, IM, and Thor comic versions paired with movie versions. Kind of an evolution of line up, but that seems like a long shot.