UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU 20

MiniMage

Well, the new 3-pack rule does accommodate the Build-a-Fig format.

Pack 1: Hip and legs

Pack 2: Torso and arms

Pack 3: Head and acessories

Each wave could be themed, which would be new for tru, and thus it'd make sense to include a BF. Besides, with all the extra parts 60 is a step in that direction, so I think it's very possible that we'll be seeing BaFs now. With that said, here are my dream-waves (because no speculaion thread is complete without wish-lists and inevitable dissapointment when we don't get them):

Theme: Cosmic

Build-A-Fig: Death's Head

Pack 1: Star-Lord/Vance Astro

Pack 2: Medusa/Maximus

Pack 3: Gladiator/Quasar

Theme: Spider-Man

Build-A-Fig: Vulture

Pack 1: Scarlet Spider (Ben)/ Beetle (Janice)

Pack 2: Scarlet Spider (Kaine)/ Kraven

Pack 3: Spider-Man 2099/ Boomerang

Theme: Avengers-esque

Build-A-Fig: Abomination

Pack 1: Black Knight/Enchantress

Pack 2: Black Panther/Executioner

Pack 3: Spider-Woman/Leader

Theme: X-Men

Build-A-Fig: Mojo

Pack 1: NOW! Magneto/Toad

Pack 2: NOW! Cyclops/NOW! Emma

Pack 3: NOW! Magik/Quentin Quire

Theme: Supernatural

Build-A-Fig: Blackheart

Pack 1: Ghost Rider/Vengeance

Pack 2: Mr. Knight/Doctor Voodoo

Pack 3: Modern Strange/Baron Mordo

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's TRU, so I'm not expecting anything new or bold or game-changing.

It's probably something like Famous Covers or Greatest Battles, which could be awesome or awful depending on selection and interpretation.

But hey, so long as it's anything except Famous Couples Who Are No Longer Famous Or Couples.

I like some of the ideas being presented, especially the Build a Mate concepts, but I feel like we are setting ourselves up for disappointment. Every time there's a new concept on the horizon everybody has great ideas about what it could be, and then it ends up being blind bags.

Just for the record though, I would pay a little more per two-pack if we were able to build a really cool character after buying them all.

Or an entire wave with all Spider-verse characters like:

Spider-Gwen/ Peter Parker Spider-Man w/ Spider-Ham (rocket raccoon esc.)

Spider-Hulk/ Spidey 2099

British Spidey/ Ben Riley Spidey

Were-Spidey/ Man-Spider

And tons more!

I would take this whole wave.....even in blind bags

Well Dst does have the MOJO sculpt collecting dust waiting......from the 60 poll

Are you referring to the poll they did for 50? Cuz they didn't even do control art for those guys until after the winners were chosen. They definitely didn't do any sculpting on characters that lost.

Maybe they're taking the TRU Marvel Minimates line to a more kid friendly direction. They kind of already tested those waters with Robot Hulk.

shark-trap-spidey.jpghydro-venom.jpg

I'd say that's a good guess. It's what they're doing with Batman Unlimited, too.

I don't mind fun variants like Robo-Hulk but I'd much prefer them to be comic-accurate. I'm sure there are some appropriately silly designs from the comics that could be leveraged.

Well Dst does have the MOJO sculpt collecting dust waiting......from the 60 poll

Are you referring to the poll they did for 50? Cuz they didn't even do control art for those guys until after the winners were chosen. They definitely didn't do any sculpting on characters that lost.

Yes that is what I meant

Art Adams designed the Toy Biz Mecha-Hulk, which is still an incredible figure more than a decade later and far better-looking than any other canon robots like Cosmic Hulk. I wouldn't mind seeing Robot Hulk repainted in brush metal and pale green with the hairless robot head as the default. Man, that thing was seven dollars at Target.

dq27ua.jpg

But maybe TRU 20 is an All-Deadpool wave.

Pirate Deadpool & Pirate Nightcrawler

Major Deadpool & Nuke (with parts for Terror from Terror Inc.)

The Deadpool Kid & Outlaw

Which leaves Hulkpool and Pandapool for a rainy day.

Art Adams designed the Toy Biz Mecha-Hulk, which is still an incredible figure more than a decade later and far better-looking than any other canon robots like Cosmic Hulk. I wouldn't mind seeing Robot Hulk repainted in brush metal and pale green with the hairless robot head as the default. Man, that thing was seven dollars at Target.

dq27ua.jpg

But maybe TRU 20 is an All-Deadpool wave.

Pirate Deadpool & Pirate Nightcrawler

Major Deadpool & Nuke (with parts for Terror from Terror Inc.)

The Deadpool Kid & Outlaw

Which leaves Hulkpool and Pandapool for a rainy day.

YES. YES PLEASE!!!

still waiting to see if we will get a deadpool movie wave=-)

I think blind boxes.

Like bags... but in boxes.

So worse than blind bags :/

But it will only be half-blind. A two pack with Spider-Man and a Mystery Figure!

Will you get Iron Man with your Spider-Man? Or the super rare one-per-pallet gold Molten Man?