UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU 20

MiniMage

If it is animation based, that doesn't mean it has to necessarily look like the animation. They might just use the same characters.

And EMH & Spectacular Spider-Man were soooo good. I loved the redesigned Grim Reaper & Graviton. I would have been all aboard for that Wasp costume.

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My guess is animated Guardians of the Galaxy, repaints of Wave 57. This could explain why Zach might be apprehensive about some member's reactions. None of the other animated series really make sense, and Marvel/Disney XD hasn't set the premiere data yet, so that would explain the announcement still being a ways off. Thanos is the main villain of the series, my guess is he will replace Ronan, that just leaves who to pack with Gamora... Maybe we're finally getting an actual Rocket Minimate instead of that Kinder Egg toy we got in Wave 57, which would also irritate a section of this forum's members much to Zach's dismay. ;)

la-foto.jpg

Edited by youbastards

I could see it if they really are bringing them into some form of continuity in Secret Wars. Plus to a whole generation of people those are the default looks for those characters. I don't WANT them to do it, but I can imagine the case being made.

Dude - I'm an X-Men fan.... and even i'd be pissed if that was the line-up!

With the exception of maybe wanting a ponytail Jean Grey or an official Morph, i think we have the TV show well and truly covered thanks to all the Jim Lee 90's minimates we've gotten.

Oh, I agree.

I figured we'd get pony tail Jean, leather jacket/yellow visor Cyke, a slightly more polished Beast, Rogue with different hair, our thousandth Wolverine BUT with two Morph heads, and a Jubilee that combines the jacket from the four pack with the hair from 60, some sleeveless arms, and maybe a new exaggerated facial expression

I don't WANT it, but I won't lie... I'd buy it

sooo is it based on a current Animation? or are you just using our speculation and reaction to speculation to make your point?

either way very excited to see what you have in store for us

So this is the lineup then? Excluding Black Widow of course.

Avengers%20Assemble_zpsajzkekod.jpg

I suppose that would mean movie and cartoon Avengers at TRU in consecutive waves though, which seems unlikely. Probably Spider-Man instead.

Whatever it's based on, I'm definitely not picking up an animation-styled wave. If it's animation characters in the usual style I guess there's a chance, but this seems like a situation where you would expect nearly 100% parts reuse so not a lot of draw there.

I can't comment on the big picture, but based on sales at my local TRUs if I skip a wave they are going to be hanging around for a long time. Hopefully someone else can pick up the slack or there won't be room for TRU 21.

(Wow. I finally got one right!)

As far as execution goes – alternate costumes aside – I'm picturing animated 'mates being painted like "Best of" 'mates; using bright, flat colors instead of metallic paints. Grey instead of silver, yellow instead of gold. A palette that better represents the source material.

Web Warriors would probably be better received here than Avengers Assemble. I'm concerned the latter would just contribute to the glut of Avengers merchandise and reduce sell-through. Hopefully Age of Ultron is the merchandising juggernaut execs hope it will be.

Either way, as a collector, I'm in.

I hope it's based on the Spiderman cartoon, not the Avengers. There's enough Avengers stuff out there with the movie, plus there's nothing different/interesting in their costumes on the show. Give me a Spidey 2099, Miles without the giant slipover mask head and I'll be happy.

RIP Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes and Wolverine and The X-Men. waves based on those shows would have been something I was into. the current crop of Marvel cartoons are both bad in terms of quality and offer almost nothing new in terms of designs or new characters.

I also miss Sony's the Spectacular Spiderman series...anyone remember that one?

Specspidey05_large.jpg

If it's Spidey Web-Warriors I'd be perfectly cool with that.. heard the show was cancelled though which would minimize the chances I'd think..

I wonder if Marvel's collaborating with Sony for a new Spiderman cartoon (y'know despite Marvel already having the animation rights to Spidey), it'd show some unity between the two companies even before the 2017 Spidey movie.