TRU 20

MiniMage

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hmm... other than BAF, which has been shot down already, I don't have the imagination for what could be special about 20. Maybe a wave of civilian significant others? I'd like an updated MJ and Gwen to go with a civilian Peter. Or a Karen Page. Or a Betty Ross. It's pretty incredible that we got an Alicia Masters already.

I think this bears repeating:

In a recent interview, Mr. Zach Oat commented on the topic of the 20th wave of Toys R US Minimates stating:

"We do have Series 20 of the Toys R Us Exclusive waves done! They're designed, although I don't think they've been produced yet, and they should be hitting Toys R Us Stores this Spring or Summer! It's going to represent a little [bit] of a change in the way we do things for Toys R Us. I can't talk much about the change yet, I'm not quite ready to drop that bomb, but let's just say it's going to be a little different. The next Toys R Us wave is going to be something special, and it isn't going to overlap with any specialty assortment. Hopefully we're going to announce more information on that soon, and once we do, determine when it'll be hitting stores. I think it'll be really cool and a lot of people are going to like it! I'm sure there will be some people who are still a little unsure about it, but I feel like for the most part it should go well."

It's not blind bags.

It's not build-a-figure.

It is "all new versions of existing characters."

I like your lineup, Kostis, but I don't see how it would represent anything significantly different from what DST has offered in the past.

(Now give me a Moonknight TTA box set!)

In a recent interview, Mr. Zach Oat commented on the topic of the 20th wave of Toys R US Minimates stating:

"We do have Series 20 of the Toys R Us Exclusive waves done! They're designed, although I don't think they've been produced yet, and they should be hitting Toys R Us Stores this Spring or Summer! It's going to represent a little [bit] of a change in the way we do things for Toys R Us. I can't talk much about the change yet, I'm not quite ready to drop that bomb, but let's just say it's going to be a little different. The next Toys R Us wave is going to be something special, and it isn't going to overlap with any specialty assortment. Hopefully we're going to announce more information on that soon, and once we do, determine when it'll be hitting stores. I think it'll be really cool and a lot of people are going to like it! I'm sure there will be some people who are still a little unsure about it, but I feel like for the most part it should go well."

It's not blind bags.

It's not build-a-figure.

I like your lineup, Kostis, but I don't see how it would represent anything significantly different from what DST has offered in the past.

Well, legacy characters then? Khamala, Robbie, Eric O' Grady, etc... Or maybe hero vs villain akin to the Brotherhood wave. Then again, 20, 21 and 64 are said to be mostly modern re-dos, so I'm sure the ones I mentioned will be in a wave.

TTA? I ain't happy with that, I want a whole wave! Give me my Lupinar and Stained Glass Scarlet DST!

Edited by Kostisfire

It's not blind bags.

It's not build-a-figure.

Have single packs been shot down yet? That would make sense for something they've never done for Toys R Us.

8 blank mates with stickers and decals we have to apply ourselves.:D

I can see it now, eight nearly blank mates with "Thor", "Captain America", "Iron Man", and "Spider-Man" printed on the chest block. "Wolverine", "Hulk", "Deadpool", and "Captain Marvel" in the sticker packs. No need of accessories since we have multiple armors, shields, claw hands, and energy effects. Each pack includes 2 blank mates, two stands, and stickers for all eight characters.

While the official release name will be TRU DIY Wave 20 it will be best known as the TRU Die wave due to the friction between MIP collectors and customizers.

Oh and the sticker packs will still command higher prices on e-bay even though the only difference is the "R" sticker and the name tampo.

The part that raises my eyebrow is the suggestion that some people will be "unsure" about it...

That automatically obviates anything that would be a clear value-add, like build-a-dioramas, additional pack-ins, etc. I can't imagine something that would make me "unsure" as long as it means more MiniMates.

Unless it's something like civilian + costumes, so "virtual" two packs with one character, e.g. Stark plus armor as one two-pack. Or even two looks in one pack (girl Thor, boy Thor). That would be less exciting. Or every 2-pack has an army builder? That could suck, requiring multiple purchases of the same character to army-up.

This is assuming "unsure about" is marketing copy for "sucks in some way" for the hardcore collector. What else might make anyone here "unsure?"