UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Aliens Series 1

My guess on the two flamethrower/pulse rifle combos is that they meant to include a second basic rifle for Ripley, but there was a mix up. That's pure speculation, of course.

As far as the flamethrowers, there isn't actually a flamethrower sculpt available yet. There will be one in series two, but it's possible they didn't have it ready in time for this series.

Motion trackers would have been cool, but seeing as these figures had a fair bit of extra parts already, it's understandable that they were excluded. Also, we haven't yet seen Vasquez or Hudson, so perhaps it will turn up with them.

Apone's patch was definitely a mess up. DST just put the wrong detail there. However, these things do have to go through Fox, and they missed it too. Accidents happen. All we can hope for is that things are At least a slight bit better moving forward.

I'm a stickler for accuracy unfortunately lol.

If a motion tracker or two was included in wave two that would be great, same for a couple of extra flamethrowers.

Be interesting to see what unfolds.

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the pics. It looks like the plastic on the forearms and hands is a different color. Is it as notable in person?

Thanks for the pics. It looks like the plastic on the forearms and hands is a different color. Is it as notable in person?

Yes, that seems to be the case on Drake and Dietrich.

I was just checking out the cast list on IMDb. Aliens certainly has a bigger cast than the first flick but it's not Star Trek huge. There's opportunity for variants (like the ones we're getting of Ripley and Bishop) but there were a couple characters on the list I doubt we'll see.

In fact, with the characters included in the TRU series, we're already getting over half the cast.

If DST wants to stretch this out, they'll have to dig into the other two films and finish the first.

I was wondering who will comprise the second wave and this is my guess. Now let's assume wave 2 will be similar to wave 1 (8 different characters). So far we have seen prototypes for Landing Party Ripley (with leather jacket), Newt, Frost and flaming xenomorph. Now let's assume for argument sake those are paired up together. That's half the wave there. Four slots left. Vasquez and Hudson have been confirmed for a TRU wave, so they are out. Another Ripley will come with the power loader and a BD Bishop will come with the Queen (if rumours are correct). That leaves Gorman, Ferro and Bishop (non BD). Pair Gorman with Bishop and Ferro with another xenomorph (jaw openned with no tongue) and there is a very plausible wave 2 IMO. Anybody else care to weigh in?

Wave Two - Ripley with jacket and Newt,

Crowe and Xenomorph,

Frost and Xenomorph,

Bishop and Gorman or Ferro ?.

If Hudson and Vazquez are exclusives, I'd imagine Ferro could either be an exclusive packed with Bishop as the regular would be with Gorman or be packed with a dropship vehicle, should one be made of course as that makes sense.

Edited by MUUK76

I was just checking out the cast list on IMDb. Aliens certainly has a bigger cast than the first flick but it's not Star Trek huge. There's opportunity for variants (like the ones we're getting of Ripley and Bishop) but there were a couple characters on the list I doubt we'll see.

In fact, with the characters included in the TRU series, we're already getting over half the cast.

If DST wants to stretch this out, they'll have to dig into the other two films and finish the first.

I was wondering who will comprise the second wave and this is my guess. Now let's assume wave 2 will be similar to wave 1 (8 different characters). So far we have seen prototypes for Landing Party Ripley (with leather jacket), Newt, Frost and flaming xenomorph. Now let's assume for argument sake those are paired up together. That's half the wave there. Four slots left. Vasquez and Hudson have been confirmed for a TRU wave, so they are out. Another Ripley will come with the power loader and a BD Bishop will come with the Queen (if rumours are correct). That leaves Gorman, Ferro and Bishop (non BD). Pair Gorman with Bishop and Ferro with another xenomorph (jaw openned with no tongue) and there is a very plausible wave 2 IMO. Anybody else care to weigh in?

Crowe and Xenomorph,

Frost and Xenomorph,

If Hudson and Vazquez are exclusives, I'd imagine Ferro could be packed with a dropship, should one be made of course as that makes sense.

Hudson and Vasquez are TRU wave 1 exclusives along with Ripley and Hicks, all 4 each packed with an Alien.

I'd say Wave 2 is Ripley/Newt, Frost/Burning Alien, Bishop/Crowe, Gorman/Ferro. I think we'll see motion trackers in this wave and hopefully a cutting torch, possibly packed with Bishop.

Crowe and Xenomorph,

Frost and Xenomorph,

If Hudson and Vazquez are exclusives, I'd imagine Ferro could be packed with a dropship, should one be made of course as that makes sense.

Hudson and Vasquez are TRU wave 1 exclusives along with Ripley and Hicks, all 4 each packed with an Alien.

I'd say Wave 2 is Ripley/Newt, Frost/Burning Alien, Bishop/Crowe, Gorman/Ferro. I think we'll see motion trackers in this wave and hopefully a cutting torch, possibly packed with Bishop.

Your suggestion for wave two makes sense as it completes all the main characters bar the two exclusives.

If Crowe gets packed with a Xeno then we can have Ferro with a drop ship and Gorman with an APC. I doubt we'll get vehicles though.

On the topic of Gorman, I hope he comes with lots of parts for alt looks like Hicks did. We can have the base figure in his jumpsuit and have a look with a hat, a hat with microphone attachment on it and a white headband with red spots on it from when he got concussed. It would also be nice for him to come with a grenade, but this is just me doin some wishful thinking

A grenade accessory might be too small at this scale. But a grenade sculpted into the hand accessory would be awesome.

An addendum to my Wave 2 prediction. If TRU gets their own exclusives for Wave 2 then I could see Gorman/Ferro being split with Ferro/Alien coming in the specialty wave and Gorman/Alien going to TRU. Same with Bishop/Crowe, splitting Crowe/Alien to specialty and Bishop/Alien to TRU (TRU wanting the more recognizable characters)

Any one have issues with the bubbles on these not holding to the cards? I got a set from Luke's Toy Store yesterday and one of the packs was completely off the card (probably happened in transit to me as I know Luke wouldn't ship out something like that) and 2 others were very loose to the point where I could easily peel them off the card. The set I got from BBTS didn't have this issue so I don't know if its something that just happened to this one set or if some of the cases didn't get their bubbles heat sealed properly.

Its not a big deal for me as I'm not a MOC collector and had planned to open these up regardless. Just wondering if its something that DST should know about or if it was a one time thing with the set I got.

Speaking of the second set, taking the chest armor off Drake, Hicks and Apone and swapping out their helmets for hat w/ hair/hair/hat really has me jonesing to get the rest of these so I can have a Sulaco prep set and a "absolutely bad-ass" set. Still missing Apone's cigar though. I wonder how hard it would be to paint match a Starbuck cigar hand to Apone's skin color.

Any one have issues with the bubbles on these not holding to the cards? I got a set from Luke's Toy Store yesterday and one of the packs was completely off the card (probably happened in transit to me as I know Luke wouldn't ship out something like that) and 2 others were very loose to the point where I could easily peel them off the card. The set I got from BBTS didn't have this issue so I don't know if its something that just happened to this one set or if some of the cases didn't get their bubbles heat sealed properly.

Its not a big deal for me as I'm not a MOC collector and had planned to open these up regardless. Just wondering if its something that DST should know about or if it was a one time thing with the set I got.

Speaking of the second set, taking the chest armor off Drake, Hicks and Apone and swapping out their helmets for hat w/ hair/hair/hat really has me jonesing to get the rest of these so I can have a Sulaco prep set and a "absolutely bad-ass" set. Still missing Apone's cigar though. I wonder how hard it would be to paint match a Starbuck cigar hand to Apone's skin color.

Can't say i had an issue with mine.

One question I have is how come Marvel minimates get packaging you can re-seal and Aliens etc. don't ?.

Originally it had to do with the license, Art Asylum was only permitted to show a portion of the Marvel Minimates product in the package, but the other lines aren't limited and can have the full product shown. Why the packaging isn't the same design though, most likely has to do with costs. A bubble glued to cardboard is most likely more cost effective than cardboard folded into a box and taped shut around a plastic insert.

Edited by youbastards

Originally it had to do with the license, Art Asylum was only permitted to show a portion of the Marvel Minimates product in the package, but the other lines aren't limited and can have the full product shown. Why the packaging isn't the same design though, most likely has to do with costs. A bubble glued to cardboard is most likely more cost effective than cardboard folded into a box and taped shut around a plastic insert.

Personally I like the re-sealable packaging, it's very neat and concise.

When you separate the card from the bubble, your stuck with it like that.

same thing happened to me when i got my order from hastings my ripley pack was almost falling off but my drake pack seemed to have completely fallen off

• 1 month later...

Found TRU's first series in Wilkes-Barre today:

4273D669-0E53-4A86-B3AF-26304AACF2E2_zps

And I'll say it again; alternate looks + army builders = more purchases. I was going to wait for the Series 2 specialty assortment thanks to the crossover character selection but when I realized I could make alternate looks and add to my Alien army, I picked up everyone except Ripley.