UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Aliens Series 1

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got two of the sets (probably the repeats in the TRU wave) Drake/BD Alien and Hicks/Ripley. Looking at the Pulse Rifle/Flamethrower combo, I noticed it's reversed from what's seen in the film (MM Acc: Flamethrower on right, Pulse on left, Movie Flamethrower on left, Pulse on right)

I'm curious if the accessory was based on some promo pics or something or if the designers just thought it looked better with the flamethrower on the right. Or maybe no one really noticed and figured it didn't matter? smile.png

Edited by Shogi

Rocco, that was an early prototype. All future Ripleys will be clothing variations on this one.

Aliens will be two packs and Deluxe box sets. ALIEN, should it continue, will be more four-packs.

ALIEN will continue? Oh man, I hope. Four more crew members to go!

Edited by Mystery Man

• 1 month later...

Here's my Colonial Marines team so far, and that lovable scoundrel Burke trying to get away before the frag him.

Aliens_zpshfio8gkd.jpg

Dietrich, Spunkmeyer, Wierzbowski, Ripley, Hicks, Apone, Drake and the true villain of the film, Burke.

A couple minor tampo issues with Dietrich and Apone's names on their armor. Nothing major as they are really small and hard to read anyway.

I LOVE that the Marines got paint all the way around their torsos, unlike Wierzbowski. Definitely picking up at least a second set for some Sulaco versions and other customs. And I know it shouldn't be a surprise but Dietrich has her "lady bumps" painted on her chest. A fantastic attention to detail. They could have easily just done the same BDU tampo as the guys and I don't think many would complain. But having her torso block be painted with the "lady bumps" is awesome and just makes for more custom potential.

Also, didn't notice in the promo pics, but Drake's hats have a little bit of hair sculpted onto them. Another nice little detail.

Man I love these guys so much. Can't wait to hunt down the TRU sets and Series 2 to complete the rest of the team.

Received my set of four today, must say they are excellent.

Few observations:-

Sgt. Apone's USCM badge on his arm states USMC - mistake ?.

Cpl. Dietrich comes with a pulse rifle instead of a flamethrower - no single flamethrower ?.

Ripley comes with two combined pulse rifle/flamethrowers - mistake ?.

Anyone else notice these ?.

Dietrich is supposed to have just a Pulse and Frost will have the Flamethrower.

I'm referring to the film, Dietrich, Frost and Wierzbowski were armed with flamethrowers, for whatever reason only Frost will come with one.

I wonder if motion trackers and sentry guns will also be included at some point to ?.

Caught part of Aliens on TV last night (the initial search for the colonists battle through the dropship crash) and I really hope Ferro comes with an alternate head with her aviator sunglasses. I want a no sunglasses face so I can set up some Sulaco prep alt looks but man those aviator glasses are so 80's cool she HAS to have them.

Finally got my set of these yesterday from Luke. Wow, I really love them. Seriously, I just love every single one of them. Hicks may well be my favorite Minimate. He's just so perfect. I can't wait for series 2!

AliensMarinesMM.jpg

EDIT: One small nit I did have was with the Ripley/Hicks packaging, which states that Hicks takes command of the marines after Gorman dies. He takes command when Gorman is injured. Small thing, though

Edited by Glantern

Finally got my set of these yesterday from Luke. Wow, I really love them. Seriously, I just love every single one of them. Hicks may well be my favorite Minimate. He's just so perfect. I can't wait for series 2!

AliensMarinesMM.jpg

EDIT: One small nit I did have was with the Ripley/Hicks packaging, which states that Hicks takes command of the marines after Gorman dies. He takes command when Gorman is injured. Small thing, though

Towards the end of the film when he is the only colonial marine left, he is command then lol.

Should really have said after Gorman was incapacitated in the apc, when he came to he deferred to Hicks as he had more combat mission experience.

I've been holding off on saying this but I might as well just do it. My Dietrich's Pulse Rifle was missing the gunmetal coloring on the front of the gun. Has this happened to anyone else with any other character?

I've checked my set and the pulse rifles are all painted.

Might be an oversight on someones part.

These are really great. A lot of fine attention to detail! I love all the little touches like the extra hair, and the name tags, etc. And yet, has there been an answer as to why Ripley's Pulse Rifle/Flamethrower is reversed? And why she has two of them?

Edited by ufemizm

I believe Zach said the rifle/flamethrower combos go to Ripley and Hicks, so they each get one.

Hicks never used it, I'd imagine most people buying these are fans of the film.

I said in an earlier post there were a few small things that could do with some clarification.

Apone's USCM patch mispealt USMC, pulse rifles given to flamethrower armed marines/lack of flamethrowers for whatever reason (even though Frost comes with an flamethrower), lack of motion trackers and sentry guns.

Be good to have an answer or two.

Edited by MUUK76

My guess on the two flamethrower/pulse rifle combos is that they meant to include a second basic rifle for Ripley, but there was a mix up. That's pure speculation, of course.

As far as the flamethrowers, there isn't actually a flamethrower sculpt available yet. There will be one in series two, but it's possible they didn't have it ready in time for this series.

Motion trackers would have been cool, but seeing as these figures had a fair bit of extra parts already, it's understandable that they were excluded. Also, we haven't yet seen Vasquez or Hudson, so perhaps it will turn up with them.

Apone's patch was definitely a mess up. DST just put the wrong detail there. However, these things do have to go through Fox, and they missed it too. Accidents happen. All we can hope for is that things are At least a slight bit better moving forward.