UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters: The Board Game - Now on Kickstarter

Gillbob316

Hey all,
I recently discovered/backed this kickstarter campaign for Ghostbusters: The Board Game...

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/cze/ghostbusters-the-board-game/
I'm currently pledged for a few hundred dollars, covering two Mass Hysteria (IE. Deluxe) copies of the game and several addons.
It's a cooperative tabeletop mini-figure board game that encompasses aspects of the Ghostbusters Movies, Cartoon, Toy line, Video game & Comic book. (They evidently have the rights to use all of it). 1-4 players base, but the creators have discussed expanding the rules for up to 6-8 players (several extra 'Busters from the comic book have been added as stretch goals, including Janine and Kylie, originally from the Extreme Ghostbusters cartoon)
As with all kickstarters, as the push for more pledges reaches its height, I began considering what I personally could do as a backer to try to bring more attention and more money to the campaign, and while considering potentially untapped places I frequent where I could spread the word, I thought, "Hey! What about the Multiverse? I post there a ton, and there are fans there of not just Ghostbusters and not just Miniatures, but in fact, Ghostbusters Miniatures!"
So let me just say, I have no personal stake in this campaign, other than more pledges unlock more stretch goals, ultimately meaning I (and you, should you buy into a pledge tier) get more free stuff. BUT... beyond that, I think it's a really cool looking game, and the campaign is already funded and on pace to break 1 Million dollars. So the game is definitely getting made, but should you choose to buy in now (as I have), there are loads of kickstarter exclusive stretch goals, figures and addons you won't be able to get later.
I don't know if he has the proper paperwork, but there's even a retailer-exclusive pledge to get 6 copies of the game and stretch goals and some exclusive Glow-In-The-Dark Slimer figures at a significant discount, should Luke feel his arm could be twisted. ;) (I'm gonna have to chase that Slimer on ebay, as I sadly do not have said paperwork).
ANYWAY... I know this thread could easily have gone in the "Other Toys and Collectibles" section, but I kind of wanted to make sure people saw it. Since there's only 1 week left to pledge. So I hope you won't begrudge me for posting it in general for the time being (even if it gets moved later).
I think it's an awesome looking game. Expensive, but most kickstarter board games are. But hey, if I can't find fans potentially interested in throwing money at Ghostbuster Minis here, where the heck can I find them? Ya'know? lol.. So just wanted to spread the word, incase this catches anyone else's eye.
Hopefully, if any of you would be interested in this, as fellow Miniature/Ghostbuster geeks, I've made you aware of it in the nick of time!