UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Funko Vinyl Idolz

dr baghead

So I buy a Pop! Every now and then, but these things:

http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/search.aspx?search=vinyl%20idolz&page=1

I love these so much! They look like weird Aardman Puppets and Doc and Marty look like Rick and Morty. The only thing I dont like is the lack of Winston (and the $20 price tag stings a little too.) I mean, the fact a line of Seinfeld figures is coming out is pretty amazing.

I also hope this concept piece actually gets produced:

two.jpg?w=610

It might just be the greatest thing Ive ever seen.

I saw an interview with Brian of Funko saying that is pretty sure Winston will be coming. He also mentioned that there is no Jerry Seinfeld yet because he has not signed off on the likeness yet, sounded like Winston was in the same boat.

The eyes are… odd, but not a deal breaker. Not my thing really but I could be interested in a few at some point.

Good to know Winston’s probably coming... I was afraid it was one of those BS things where they assumed Winston ‘wasn’t really an original ghostbuster’ or incorrectly assumed he's the ‘least popular Ghostbuster’ and thus didn’t warrant a figure. (the fact the Pop! Winston only comes with the Ecto-1 worried me, like they felt he wouldn’t sell)

I’m not sure how I feel about a potential lack of Jerry though... The figures they had on display are really great, but it’d be like having a Masters of The Universe display with no He-Man, just a bunch of weirdos hanging around with no lead character to tie it together. (obvious solution is to get Brad Hamilton and pretend Puffy Shirt Jerry went full pirate, I don’t think anyone would notice.)

... also I really like the wall eyes, it’s what makes them very appealing in my opinion. Like they’re all French Bulldogs or something.