UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Lost DC mates?

BrobotC

That 9th wave probably would have included two of the missing New Teen Titans: Wonder Girl, Kid Flash, and/or Changeling. They may have been holding Changeling to go with Terra. Luckily several years ago, Luke customized these for me so my New Teen Titans MiniMates are complete.

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The JL/JLU Hawkgirl, Alfred, Lex, and Solomon Grundy would have been great to add to the collection.

That Mr Freeze was pretty nice.

OMG.

Alan Scott, Zatanna, Two-Face, and Orion in the potential 9th wave. 

That makes me sad. I would have loved Donna Troy, Changeling, and so many others in this line.

I hope this comes back. With Young Justice coming back Id love for them to do minimates for that.

Any rift between AA/DST and WB seems to be mended. Now it's just a matter of an opportunity to snatch the license.

For the life of me I just don't see the value in DC Mezitz that go for $35 for a 4- or 5-pack, especially when they're merchandised right under Marvel Minimates 4-packs that go for $15 and have loads more articulation and accessories. Apparently the person who reviewed the Suicide Squad set thought he got screwed, too.

DST really needs to convince WBCP to get this category away from Mezco.

I dunno why Mezco is even bothering with the Mezitz line, as their other products are far more profitable and well-received. I didn't even know they'd made BvS & SS ones. Well, at least they've abandoned the comic theme, so maybe the end of the movie versions will be soon. 

I thought the Mez-Itz were cancelled too and then I see the BvS and SS movie ones. If that's the reason minimates aren't made that sucks.

i know the from what I've read on the forums the DST would love to continue doing them. To be honest if they were doing DC and Marvel personally I just make stick solely in collecting these two lines because of the scale, I can use Lego's to build dioramas, and the sheer number of characters that have been made (at least with marvel) 

DST has done a great job of delving into Eras and completing some groups 90's era X-Force, x-men blue and gold, Alpha Flight. In the animated they just got the 5 major Squadron Supreme Members.

i would love to walk into a comic shop and pick up a box set of Speedy, Aqualad, Wonder Girl, and Kid Flash. Or pick up a JLA wave with: Zauriel/Aztek, Kyle Rayner/Big Barda, Plastic Man/Steel, Darkseid/Orion. 

At the very least I wish they would adapt the other current slate of dc tv shows like Legends of Tomorrow, Arrow, Flash and Supergirl.

I just added this review: 

I'm a big fan of DC Comics and mini figures but these are far too expensive for what little they offer.

There are no accessories, very little articulation, and the figures seem plain when comparing them to other collectible mini figures. Minimates, for example, have 14 points of articulation to Mezitz's five, they offer sculpted pieces like hats, masks, weapons, cloaks, stands, etc. while Mezitz offers none. And when it comes to price, a 4-pack of Minimates retails at $14.99 while a 4-pack of Batman v Superman Mezitz goes for $34.99.

Note to Toys R Us: As a DC Comics collector, if there's a way you can get DC Comics MINIMATES on your pegs instead of Mezitz, I'd collect them all.

Hopefully TRU publishes it. Best case scenario, they go to WB and figure out a way to make DC Minimates happen.

If they did a dedicated minimate line for the Batman Animated Series/New Adventures/JL/JLU and Batman Beyond that alone would expand the DC minimate roster. I know the initial C3 stuff had some JL and the Batman cartoon mates in them.

1 hour ago, hellpop said:

At this point I'd prefer them to do B:ATS or JL/JLU than DC proper, because we'd get stuck with fugly New 52 costumes otherwise.

I thought the same thing when New52 first launched but lately DC's been all over the place. They're not pushing that look nearly as much as they used to. And given the consumer demographic and market, I'm sure they'd allow a mix of classic looks just like Marvel does. Plus there are no worries about competing studios having film rights to DC properties. 

In the current comics DC is bringing back a more classic looking Superman minus the red trunks. Nightwings costume is a bit modified but his colors are black and blue again. I think with the DCAU (Timm-verse) the looks are the classic iconic looks which I'm cool with too. I think we would all be happy just expanding our dc collections with additional characters. With Young Justice there are some characters that veer pretty far from their classic looks but most still have a recognizable look so I'd still be happy with that too. 

I think I'm so desperate for any new dc mates I've picked up the Gotham mates.

Edited by EricM

Current editorial (costumes) are often a bit tricky. It might not be the case so much in the DC universe, but Marvel seems to upgrade it's characters costumes almost too regularly to have toys keep up with them. The upcoming Magneto minimate is awesome, and i'm glad we're getting him, but he hasn't worn that costume for a year or two now. 
DC's idea of doing looks associated with specific stories or by particular artists isn't a bad one, except that you end up getting dozens of Batmen, Wonder Women, Supermen, etc..

On 1/22/2017 at 7:01 PM, Nessex said:

Current editorial (costumes) are often a bit tricky. It might not be the case so much in the DC universe, but Marvel seems to upgrade it's characters costumes almost too regularly to have toys keep up with them. The upcoming Magneto minimate is awesome, and i'm glad we're getting him, but he hasn't worn that costume for a year or two now. 
DC's idea of doing looks associated with specific stories or by particular artists isn't a bad one, except that you end up getting dozens of Batmen, Wonder Women, Supermen, etc..

I know like Wolverine, Spidey, etc.,Batman and Superman can get multiple looks. I wouldn't mind this as long as we can expand the dc minimate shelf with more characters.

I would've been a lot less heartbroken if these characters were made before the line ended.

-The Atom

-Firestorm

-Black Adam

-Black Manta

-Captain Atom

-Captain Cold

-Alan Scott Green Lantern

(edit) - I forgot to add Kid Flash

...... Always hoped for a wonder twins SDCC exclusive too.

(plus a thousand more, but these guys I feel should have been mandatory)

Edited by Nervous Rex
added Kid Flash ;-)