UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Muppets Minimates!

Blinds bags might actually be the way to go with something like Electric Mayhem. You could do all the members, colorway variants for a few members, and include a piece of Animal's drum set with each instead of trying to cost an entire drum set into a 2-pack or 4-pack. The extra figures would give you more band equipment, making it more worth it to buy an entire box.

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to see Electric Mayhem and at least the main Muppets (Piggy, Kermit, Fonzie, Ralph, Gonzo, Scooter, Beaker & Professor Honeydew, and Chef).

I like the idea of getting the band with their instruments but how you going to get the piano included with Dr. Teeth?

I like the idea of getting the band with their instruments but how you going to get the piano included with Dr. Teeth?

It's almost like getting a couch with characters from The Big Bang Theory.

Hmmm...

The_Electric_Mayhem.jpg

513_poison_ivy.jpg

Depends on the kind of keyboard, I suppose. Upright, grand, or electronic.

I don't think a Jim Henson 'mate is possible under this license. Muppets are a Disney property and I'd think Jim Henson's likeness is owned by the Henson Company. Not to say that a Jim Henson minimate could never happen, just not in this line. The only caveat is that I'm not sure who owns the rights to the Jim Henson Muppet character. If Disney owns that character then we could get a Minimate, probably as a convention exclusive or something similar.

As long as I get an Animal 'mate I'm good. I think he's too popular not to include in the line. The rest of the band are less likely, unless it was an Electric Mayhem box set.

I think this line could be very successful for DST. Muppets have almost universal recognition, a devoted fanbase, and are more relevant now than they have been in years past thanks to the new movies. But, unlike a lot of other similar properties, the market isn't flooded with Muppets merch. I think, if DST can find the right retail outlets, these could reach a lot of new casual collectors.

I've been soo excited to see these, I've been trying to avoid this whole thread entirely (if that makes any sense) I look forward to this reveal possibly more than any other in the last few years. I have most of the palisades muppets, even the Jim Henson and Super Grover. I'm hoping at some point this will cross over into sesame street. I never realized how much I wanted these, until I heard the anbnouncement. I hope we see some images soon, fingers crossed.

Pretty crazy for me to think that, after this is released, we will have had Minimates from Marvel, DC, Ghostbusters, Back to the Future, Aliens, and Muppets. That's the bulk of my favorite childhood things! Now if we could just get GI Joes, Pee Wee's Playhouse, and some more NES characters. . .

He's not a top tier Muppet, but he looks good, and was a recurring character. Plus, he got a Palisades figure, so there's a chance. I'm curious how they'll handle the smaller Muppets like Robin, Rizzo, and Camilla. Will they be small, sculpted accessories or fullish figures, possibly with shorter legs?