UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Muppets Minimates!

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Okay, I am not able to find a full set of series 3 anywhere online for a reasonable price.Amazon has one left and they want $45 plus shipping for the set. Other online retailers are out or only selling individual packs and are out of Zoot and Lips. Were these produced in smaller quantities? Or were the cases mismatched and Zoot and Lips short packed? I will be sad if I miss out on these!

About $10; it's a third party sale. I guess I am spoiled by every other retail that charges less than $35 for the set. And doesn't charge that much to ship a set of 2-packs.

I understand $45 isn't too bad, it is what I would probably pay if they were carried at my LCS after tax. And I can get the other three sets individually online, for less than $9 each. Where is my Zoot and Lips?

• 3 weeks later...

Don't know about BBTS, but Luke cut his order on this wave to below the threshold needed for custom cases.  So he has less of the shortpacked sets on hand.  The reality is that he's got tons of wave 1 and 2 still sitting around, and simply can't afford to order these waves at the same quantity when he ends up losing money on them.  With Muppets 1 and 2, I'm sure he was hurt by the fact that they shared sets with TRU. Honestly, any time there are shared sets between the specialty market and TRU, specialty is gonna lose out.

1 hour ago, hellpop said:

Don't know about BBTS, but Luke cut his order on this wave to below the threshold needed for custom cases.  So he has less of the shortpacked sets on hand.  The reality is that he's got tons of wave 1 and 2 still sitting around, and simply can't afford to order these waves at the same quantity when he ends up losing money on them.  With Muppets 1 and 2, I'm sure he was hurt by the fact that they shared sets with TRU. Honestly, any time there are shared sets between the specialty market and TRU, specialty is gonna lose out.

Ok, that makes sense. Thanks!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Jimmy M.
I had heard a rumor that series 3 might be the last wave of Muppet Minimates. Are you able to confirm if this is correct? I have loved this series and would keep collecting it forever, but if it had to end, I would really love to see a few last main characters who have not yet been produced: Sam the Eagle, Rizzo the Rat, Lew Zealand, Sweetums, Walter, and some Snowths to go with Mahna Mahna. Any chance you would bring it back for one more wave?

DSTChuck: At this time, we do not have plans for Muppets MM beyond Series 3. Unfortunately, there were not enough fans of the line that felt like you do.

Shame.  I liked them, but I don't think Muppets were a perfect fit for the Minimate aesthetic. Glad they completed Electric Mayhem at least, and it's really only Sam the Eagle that sticks out as really missing.

On 4/3/2017 at 2:44 PM, hellpop said:

Shame.  I liked them, but I don't think Muppets were a perfect fit for the Minimate aesthetic. Glad they completed Electric Mayhem at least, and it's really only Sam the Eagle that sticks out as really missing.

Oh, I'm super salty that we got my least favorite, Pepe, but no Rizzo, let alone Sam, (my second favorite) Sweetums, Lew, or Snowths (who really should have been accessories to Mahna Mahna). :pinch:

At least I got (two of) my favorite, Gonzo. :confused: