UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Muppets Minimates!

• Replies 339
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I assume it is Robin, his nephew. Swedish Chef looks pretty good to me, but he's a Muppet version of a human. I'm curious to why Kermit and Scooter have the teapot-shaped heads (flat on bottom, rounded on top). The original Muppets don't look like that. It's like a half-measure between fully sculpted and blocky.

Edited by karamazov80

I really like them all except Ms. Piggy..

Her nose seems forced there. A sculpted piece would have been too legit!

It is a sculpted piece. I am not 100% sure, but I believe it will be a solid piece with the head, like the Pea Shooter, not a glued-in piece. Or at least, the seam will be painted over and therefore less noticeable.

It is a sculpted piece. I am not 100% sure, but I believe it will be a solid piece with the head, like the Pea Shooter, not a glued-in piece. Or at least, the seam will be painted over and therefore less noticeable.

Is that the same for Gonzo?

Thanks for posting pics, Zak. For some reason the web filter at work blocks Zach's link due to "adult content." (At 48, I should have full access to adult content, but I digress...)

So Disney's relationship with Minimates continues, but this time with noses. Interesting concession. I don't envy the designers who had to adapt these characters from Muppets to block figures but I have to say there isn't one that's unrecognizable.

Next concession; larger Minimates bodies for larger characters!

I don't love then as much as I'd hoped, but I'm looking then more the more I look at them.

Gonzo and the Chef are great! Piggy and Fozzy aren't bad. Scooter and Kermit are just a bit off, to me, and Kermit would be fixed with arm legs and webbed feet, per yb. Looks like I'll need an extra Howard for customizing.

I'm definitely on board with Chef and Gonzo. The others are okay, but not great. Kermit's definitely the weakest link, though. Of, course, I tend to like the finished product much more than prototypes when it comes to Minimates, so I might change my mind when they're released.

Is that the same for Gonzo?

Yes, of course.

Instead of the child legs, Kermit really could have benefited from arms for legs with a new webbed foot piece, odd that Howard gets that but not Kermit.

Also, the crossed leg effect for Robin isn't working, he should have been sitting on a tiny log.

We tried a few things with Kermit, but this is what was ultimately worked for us and was approved.

Robin's legs are not crossed, his feet are together in front of him. He was shown like that a lot, it's almost a sitting frog squat.

Next concession; larger Minimates bodies for larger characters!

Not sure how that would work, exactly, but some of the heads are actually larger, not just differently shaped. And of course, child legs and waist spacers are used as needed.

Also accurate.

You know what accessory would be fun? Loop-ended wires to slip over the wrist peg.

Yes! But then you would need to rip them in half and, as MisterPL stated quite a while ago, stick a mates hand up Kermit's Kermit.

I see a Spider-Ham in the works with Miss Piggy tooling!

Yes.

Yes.

YESSSSSSSSSSSS!

I think these look about as good as one could expect; I was wondering how well the Minimate body would fit with the Muppets design, and it's not 100% perfect. That said, I really like Gonzo, Swedish Chef, and Miss Piggy. I'm surprised people are down on Piggy, as I think she's probably the best of the bunch (well, maybe the Swedish Chef). I agree that fully sculpted heads might have been the way to go; I would think it would be too costly, but if you're already sculpting the hat piece for Fozzie, is the full head all that much more?

The only real problem I see with Kermit is that his arms and legs are too think, but there's really not much you can do about that. Robin, though, I think is the weakest of the bunch. It looks like his legs have been horribly smashed by a sledgehammer. Was he visiting Kathy Bates by any chance?

I'll probably only get the Gonzo/Chef set mainly for the accessories and custom potential. If you make the Electric Mayhem band with instruments, I will buy the entire set (regardless of how the figures look.....I want minimate instruments)

The Limp Bizkit Smiti figures come with some great, roughly Minimate-sized instruments. At one point you could pick those up for less than $5, but I'm not sure what they go for now.

RY5AUia.jpg

Edited by karamazov80

Hmmmm....I don't like these as much as I thought I would. It's definitely the heads. The half sculpted/half minimate head piece just doesn't work for me. I'll still pick up a Gonzo/Chef just because it's the Swedish Chef and hopefully series 2 has Bunsen and Beaker.

I'm more interested in the Select figures since I never bought the Palisades figures.